Author Topic: Beef protein powder - does it really work?  (Read 11552 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: beef protein powder....
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »
Why the fuck cant you just eat a nice steak instead of drinking beef protein, its better for the body and taste great.

Maybe cause its fucking 6:30 in the morning and I got to go for work?

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
I've never used it, but a ex-pro buddy of mine did. Brag's about how strong his stomach is and about drinking the egg-protein in the 80's and early 90's (when he stopped competing)... comes into the gym one night as asks if I'd tried this 'beef protein shit'... then goes on and tells me about how he saw it and he's drank every protein and amino product ever made.. ect ect ect... then he drinks a 3 scoop shake the previous morning and couple hrs later goes golfing with a couple clients. by the 4th hole he has to jump on the golf cart to haul ass back to the restroom but doesn't make it and has to (explosive dihearrea.. i can't spell it) shit by a tree. (it's palm springs, there arn't many bushes) and wipe his ass with a rag they clean their golf balls with and leaves it by the tree. gets back on the cart and heads back to his group and all is well until the 11th hole when has to shit again, this time it's worse than before and he doesn't make it far and has to stop the cart (and this time his buddies see him run behind a utility shed) and again has his ass explode with green (or blue? i dunno.. said it was the same color as the shake he drank) shit... and has to wipe his ass with his sock. lol.. he made it through the 18th hole and was OK till he got home where he had 2 more ass explosions. lol.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
wake up earlier

problem solved

yeah and cook every single morning like at 4:30 am?   tu ta del diablo man '

WOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
Here's the thing with these "beef" protein supplements of late: it's the oldest
protein supplement of all times - gelatin or collagen! Just recycled old shit while
hiding the real ingredient using "beef" as the code-word. It's not wrong technically,
but the customer doesn't understand what he's paying for.

Now here's my question about this particular product, though I don't expect an answer because
those who know will most likely work for the company and don't want to reveal the truth
but I'll try anyway. Hydrolyzed gelatin (what I say is likely the primary ingredient) is listed on the label but is not listed first as it should be if I'm right. The "beef protein isolate" sure as shit isn't ground up beef, so how do they get away with it?

Couldn't find an amino acid profile for the product. The way to know if it is collagen is high glycine and proline and no tryptophane.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
few years ago they slammed "beef protein" (collagen) found in protein bars

now they are selling it as the best next thing

Yeah exactly.

Though it's not necessarily that bad a protein. If used exclusively as a protein source then yes it would be bad, since it lacks tryptophan, which is an essential amino you need to consume through the diet.

Many beef amino acid sellers add tryptophan or combine the collagen with another secondary protein, sometime in a real small amount, just so they can say their supplement is complete protein.

If it was beef, as in the meat we eat, it would contain tryptophan, collagen doesn't.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
1. I wouldn't have taken this product seriously if it was only 300% more concentrated than steak, but since it reaches the 350% threshold I can't wait to give it a try!

YES it's good protein supplement.  Especially for people who are lactose intolerant and/or have probs with whey concentrate-based supplements or blended proteins.  Lots of good liver aminos in there too....

2. Do you have any financial stake in beef isolate protein powder products? Is there any steak in beef isolate protein powder products? If you have a stake in such steak then your testimony is disingenuous.

going out on a limb here

shake is portable, no cooking/cooling required

3. I once took a steak outside of my home and was still able to eat it. So the portability of steaks is a demonstrated fact, bro.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
Lots of good liver aminos in there too....

What do you mean? "Liver aminos", what's that?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »
What do you mean? "Liver aminos", what's that?

It's a fast way of typing that beef liver has good shit in it

http://www.appliedhealth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112439&Itemid=215

:)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »

It's a fast way of typing that beef liver has good shit in it

http://www.appliedhealth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112439&Itemid=215

Oh, so this Carnivor product contains beef liver? Is that the "beef isolate" listed on the label??

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »
3. I once took a steak outside of my home and was still able to eat it. So the portability of steaks is a demonstrated fact, bro.

;D ;D

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
Here's the thing with these "beef" protein supplements of late: it's the oldest
protein supplement of all times - gelatin or collagen! Just recycled old shit while
hiding the real ingredient using "beef" as the code-word. It's not wrong technically,
but the customer doesn't understand what he's paying for.

Now here's my question about this particular product, though I don't expect an answer because
those who know will most likely work for the company and don't want to reveal the truth
but I'll try anyway. Hydrolyzed gelatin (what I say is likely the primary ingredient) is listed on the label but is not listed first as it should be if I'm right. The "beef protein isolate" sure as shit isn't ground up beef, so how do they get away with it?

Couldn't find an amino acid profile for the product. The way to know if it is collagen is high glycine and proline and no tryptophane.

That is my point exactly eat a fucking steak at least you get what you paid for and you know what you are putting in your body, I dont trust those snake oil supplement companies.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
I've never used it, but a ex-pro buddy of mine did. Brag's about how strong his stomach is and about drinking the egg-protein in the 80's and early 90's (when he stopped competing)... comes into the gym one night as asks if I'd tried this 'beef protein shit'... then goes on and tells me about how he saw it and he's drank every protein and amino product ever made.. ect ect ect... then he drinks a 3 scoop shake the previous morning and couple hrs later goes golfing with a couple clients. by the 4th hole he has to jump on the golf cart to haul ass back to the restroom but doesn't make it and has to (explosive dihearrea.. i can't spell it) shit by a tree. (it's palm springs, there arn't many bushes) and wipe his ass with a rag they clean their golf balls with and leaves it by the tree. gets back on the cart and heads back to his group and all is well until the 11th hole when has to shit again, this time it's worse than before and he doesn't make it far and has to stop the cart (and this time his buddies see him run behind a utility shed) and again has his ass explode with green (or blue? i dunno.. said it was the same color as the shake he drank) shit... and has to wipe his ass with his sock. lol.. he made it through the 18th hole and was OK till he got home where he had 2 more ass explosions. lol.

:D, how much did he have the next day?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 01:33:25 PM »

Worst option possible.

Money wise you mean? Well, I only know them by name, we don't have GNCs in Europe

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
powdery dried bodyparts is what your eating no different from human protien powder
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »
I know I'm gonna get flamed for asking but this but does this really work?  good protein ?  just bought a 4.5 lbs. jugg.
(chocolate )taste good....

• Nitrogen Retention Technology
• Loaded with Creatine and BCAAs
• 350% More Concentrated than Steak and More Concentrated than Whey Isolate

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH

It uses Hydrolyzed Beef Protein which is on the label.  Because I work for another supplement company, I cannot comment on the product but you should look it up and see what it means
A

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »
Jezus Christ...fuckin sissys looking for the 'right' type of protien powder to give them the 'edge' hjahahaha ... where do these ppl come from hahaha
L

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
Jezus Christ...fuckin sissys looking for the 'right' type of protien powder to give them the 'edge' hjahahaha ... where do these ppl come from hahaha

From the bodybuilding life style?

Btw A-rod is always the last out in every Yankee's loss.......

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

WOOOSHHHH

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
yeah and cook every single morning like at 4:30 am?   tu ta del diablo man '

WOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH
steak takes less the 20 mins
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:24 PM »

It uses Hydrolyzed Beef Protein which is on the label.  Because I work for another supplement company, I cannot comment on the product but you should look it up and see what it means
hahahahahahahahahaha you re so important vince! hahahahaha. What a clown. You work for noone, as you re collecting welfare checks.

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha you re so important vince! hahahahaha. What a clown. You work for noone, as you re collecting welfare checks.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
Money wise you mean? Well, I only know them by name, we don't have GNCs in Europe

Yes... you can get anything cheaper than GNC on the internet
:)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

I just want the shit now, and don't want to wait for shipping. :(

I think I'm going to go get more egg protein powder at vitagay-world.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »

As uberman said, I also call bullshit on working for a competing brand.

In any case, the hydrolyzed protein is not the first ingredient on the label. ripitup said something
about beef liver, but didn't come back to confirm. The label certainly doesn't mention liver, at least I didn't see it.

Whatever the case, this is deceptive marketing. I believe this company was sued and settled a lawsuit over another product, Arimatest, over fraudulent advertising, so they have history of BS marketing.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »
I just want the shit now, and don't want to wait for shipping. :(

I think I'm going to go get more egg protein powder at vitagay-world.

Catabolic meltdown reported  ;D

Just buy some eggs for the time being and order this stuff online, no reason to spend more money in a shop.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »

plus.................shi pping......and.....handl ing.