Author Topic: Red Bull Space Jump...he reached 833.9 mph....MACH 1.24!!!!  (Read 15069 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Strato jump amazing ?!? How??
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
Just the shear entertainment factor it brought to over 7 million people that watched it live makes it worth it in my opinion.

To say that anything is 'amazing' is ultimately very subjective, and everyone's got  right to their opinion.

But even with that said, I still think Stark is a jealous twat.
from incomplete data

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »
Just the shear entertainment factor it brought to over 7 million people that watched it live makes it worth it in my opinion.

To say that anything is 'amazing' is ultimately very subjective, and everyone's got  right to their opinion.

But even with that said, I still think Stark is a jealous twat.

I rather stab myself in the eye with a glowing red hot fork before I ever dream jumping out of a capsule in 30k feet

Still nobody could bring any clear evidencd that would justify this to be amazing.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
^^^Your only off by ~100,000 feet.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
^^^Your only off by ~100,000 feet.

in his twisted little mind the capsule didn't go up 130k feet. best to ignore him

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
Joseph William Kittinger II

the true hero

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Okay lets leave the technicalities on the side, they are amazing , and nobody doubts that Baumgartner has elephantitis but....
Why was his jump so amazing?
He sat in a capsule, dropped from door at 30k feet, pulled a string which opened his parachute and that's it, how is that amazing, I fact I would say there are thousands of people that "could" do the same.

Somebody freediving 100 meters on a single breath of air is amazing, the stratos fall was a massively hyped advertisement.

such a fucking idiot. Its so run-off-the-mill that its been done a thousand times by..............nope never been done. Fucking idiot.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
I fell out of a tree one time. Nobody put me on the TV.
a

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
A Pretend German (Stark) ripping on a Real Austrian...Oh the Irony.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
Stark, you need to stage an event where you stab yourself with a glowing red fork...get some advertisement and red bull behind you. Do it before X-mas...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Red Bull Space Jump...he reached 833.9 mph....MACH 1.24!!!!
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
Holy fucking shit!!!  Imagine falling faster than the speed of sound???  Insane
A

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
Re: Red Bull Space Jump...he reached 833.9 mph....MACH 1.24!!!!
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

this thread
should fall to
the bottom of
this page
faster

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Record supersonic freefall from the edge of space *WATCH LIVE*
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »
This picture says it all.....fuuuuck!!!  He was basically looking down at Planet Earth

A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2012, 05:20:19 PM »
Its only amazing if you want it to be

great post

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
This picture says it all.....fuuuuck!!!  He was basically looking down at Planet Earth

what do you see when you look down

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »
This is sick!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
Watching this whole thing was seriously one of the more entertaining things so far this year.
from incomplete data

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: Red Bull Space Jump...he reached 833.9 mph....MACH 1.24!!!!
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
Holy fucking shit!!!  Imagine falling faster than the speed of sound???  Insane

Do you know what is the difference between him and you?

He is bloody insane while you are just delusional.
all drugs - TPPIIP

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:32 PM »
Fuck that! I would be more scared of stepping off my platform and just floating up and off somewhere in the direction of Jupiter.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
such a fucking idiot. Its so run-off-the-mill that its been done a thousand times by..............nope never been done. Fucking idiot.

Not going to make it here if you're not learning to read posts properly, I said could, COULD  been done again.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
Not going to make it here if you're not learning to read posts properly, I said could, COULD  been done again.

I get your point. I read the article and the danger is only in equipment malfunctioning.

It's very cool but a large chunk of people who skydive could have done this. With unlimited funding this is something that a lot of people could train for in a week.
It's Hip to be Square!

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2012, 12:14:53 AM »
Just try to acelerate your car to, let's say, 120mph then stick your arm out your window and see how difficult it is to keep it straight and leveled. Now imagine it at 684mph and keep your whole body leveled. That is just the beginning of it. it's easy to say it doesn't seem like much because you are not educated enough to realize how fucking hard it is to make the slightest movement of opening your parachute AND keep your body from entering in a spin when you're freefalling. If you can, imagine that now at 684mph with a astronaut suit low on oxygen KNOWING you might die at the slightest error.
Go try it from regular height and let me know how it went

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »
Wow lot of Baumgartner fan boys here, listen as usually I need to spell things out for you semi retarded meat heads.
It's not amazing if somebody jumps out of a balloon, it would be amazing if he would have reached that hightail on a flying carpet. But all he did was to lazily drop of the side of a shiny capsule and 10 min later human kind is patting then self on the back for a job well done.

Hahahaha classic.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »
He sat in a capsule, dropped from door at 30k feet, pulled a string which opened his parachute and that's it, how is that amazing, I fact I would say there are thousands of people that "could" do the same.

Uhm, he jumped from 128,000 feet, 4 times higher than what you said and 4 times higher than most jetliners. And at approximately 24 miles high it's at the edge of space. As for the thousands of people who could do the same, suffice it to say that there's a reason why, counting Felix, only two people have done this so far, and why it took over 50 years for the second person to attempt such a jump.

Somebody freediving 100 meters on a single breath of air is amazing, the stratos fall was a massively hyped advertisement.

They are both amazing and that you don't find it to be amazing doesn't say much. The commercial aspects of it don't detract from the fact that what Baumgartner did was amazing.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2012, 01:50:49 AM »
No shit, dude rides a balloon up into space and then bails, Wyle E Coyote style. Fucking getbigger for sure.

HAHAHAAAAAAAA...i thought the same fucking thing when he bailed....i was waiting for the puff of smoke when he hits the canyon floor  ;D ;D

that shit was impressive, nerves of steel on that dude

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »
I get your point. I read the article and the danger is only in equipment malfunctioning.

BULLSHIT! There were many other risks, including somethign which actually did happen: Baumgartner got in a flat spin, from which recovery can be nearly impossible and which could have killed him before he came down. Baumgartner got out of with a combination of skill and luck.

It's very cool but a large chunk of people who skydive could have done this. With unlimited funding this is something that a lot of people could train for in a week.

I'm sure that many skydivers could have trained to do this. I doubt that "a large chunk" could have, or that it would only take them a week. But I'm sure that any getbigger could have done. Some might have even been able to do it without a spacesuit - just by flexing.