Author Topic: Rand Paul lays down the law!  (Read 542 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rand Paul lays down the law!
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »
Rand Paul takes issue with Mitt Romney on Syria, Pentagon spending

Source: Atlanta Journal

RAND PAUL:
"I do not… support a call for intervention in Syria. And, if such intervention were being contemplated, it is absolutely necessary that Congress give any such authority to the president. No president, Republican or Democrat, has the unilateral power to take our nation to war without the authority of the legislature.

At times, I have been encouraged by Romney’s foreign policy. I agree with his call to end the war in Afghanistan sooner rather than later and with his skepticism of, and call for reform in, foreign aid, but I am a bit dismayed by his foreign policy speech Monday, titled “Mantle of Leadership.”

Romney chose to criticize President Obama for seeking to cut a bloated Defense Department and for not being bellicose enough in the Middle East, two assertions with which I cannot agree.

Defense and war spending has grown 137% since 2001. That kind of growth is not sustainable."

Read more: http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2012/10/10/rand-paul-takes-issue-with-mitt-romney-on-syria-pentagon-spending/

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Rand Paul lays down the law!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:48:56 AM »
i'm starting to agree we completely pull out of everywhere with the exception of backing israel and any other close ally.  iraq and afghanistan are not going to stabilize whether we're there or not.  and why are you up?  i'm going to work graveyard shirt starting tomorrow night.  what's your excuse?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 01:07:39 AM »
i'm a practicing insomniac?   lol....bouncing around day, napping late afternoon, working night, all mixed up at moment.

I like Rand Paul - and I LOVE that he's delivering this message a few days before the foreign policy debate.

Now the modeerator can say "Do you agree with Rand Paul - tea party hero - or not?" and make him really take a STAND.  Arming syrian rebals?  Yikes.  

And romney promising to expand military spending 20% ---- where is this $ coming from?  we're BROKE>  unreal.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:52 AM »
i'm a practicing insomniac?  
ditto that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 01:14:13 AM »
Rand Paul takes issue with Mitt Romney on Syria, Pentagon spending

Source: Atlanta Journal

RAND PAUL:
"I do not… support a call for intervention in Syria. And, if such intervention were being contemplated, it is absolutely necessary that Congress give any such authority to the president. No president, Republican or Democrat, has the unilateral power to take our nation to war without the authority of the legislature.

At times, I have been encouraged by Romney’s foreign policy. I agree with his call to end the war in Afghanistan sooner rather than later and with his skepticism of, and call for reform in, foreign aid, but I am a bit dismayed by his foreign policy speech Monday, titled “Mantle of Leadership.”

Romney chose to criticize President Obama for seeking to cut a bloated Defense Department and for not being bellicose enough in the Middle East, two assertions with which I cannot agree.

Defense and war spending has grown 137% since 2001. That kind of growth is not sustainable."

Read more: http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2012/10/10/rand-paul-takes-issue-with-mitt-romney-on-syria-pentagon-spending/
It looks like Turkey is might handle the dirty work on this one.  Not sure what backdoor deals were made for this.  In the past they were pretty demanding.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
Hi 240, Hugo