Author Topic: Miscellaneous Entertainment  (Read 591419 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Miscellaneous Entertainment
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70241

THE WOLVERINE & MAN OF STEEL Trailers To Debut With THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

Back in July, it was reported that we might see a new trailer for Warner Bros. Pictures and Zack Snyder's Man of Steel before The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and that is now confirmed, according to Emileeid. I mean, it was expected, but it's nice to have some sort of a confirmation. But, that's not all. The report reveals that the first trailer for the James Mangold-directed film The Wolverine will also be attached to Peter Jackson's prequel on December 14th. We haven't seen much from the film, other than a teaser poster and some set photos. Mangold confirmed that The Wolverine will be set after the original X-Men trilogy, and he described it as a "Japanese noir picture with tentpole action," which sounds great to me.

So, what else are we going to see during that whole week? We know that IMAX 3D screenings of The Hobbit will have 9 minutes of footage from J.J. Abrams' Star Trek into Darkness and we will also get a trailer. Next up, Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro. It's almost a safe bet that Warner Bros. will release the trailer for that one as well, just like for Man of Steel. There are some other big films that still don't have a trailer, such as M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth (according to him, we will see it next month), and R.I.P.D., a science fiction film starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. All in all, December should be a great month.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70253

New Still From Neill Blomkamp's ELYSIUM Featuring Matt Damon

Originally slated for a March release, Elysium (which also stars Wagner Moura, Sharlto Copley, William Fichtner and Diego Luna) was recently pushed to August 9th, 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70255

PACIFIC RIM Screenwriter Talks Teaser Trailer And GOD OF WAR Film Adaptation

Speaking with Screen Rant, Pacific Rim screenwriters Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton discuss their upcoming film projects, including the planned movie adaptation of the God Of War video game franchise. The duo previously stated that the film will be an origin story for protagonist Kratos, similar to Batman Begins, and will be a more "grounded" take on the character. Here, Dunstan gives an update on the adaptation, which he says has been "so fun" working on. "It’s bad ass. It’s been so fun. Working with that team, they have been just so supportive. They want to get this movie to the screen, so we have been doing our part and we’re very much in the trenches right now delivering page after page after page to make that a reality." When asked how God Of War will compare to other recent "swords and sandals" films such as Immortals and Wrath Of The Titans, Dunstan said that the video game adaptation was "being made to be vastly different".

Additionally, Dunstan comments on the trailer for Guillermo del Toro's highly anticipated sci-fi epic Pacific Rim. "We were given a teaser the first day we showed up on set. One set, which is as big as a football stadium, had a robot foot. Then Mr. Del Toro showed us 10 seconds of a fight between the entities of the future and the creatures of his imagination and it’s like, “Okay, the summer is now owned.’" The trailer for the film will be released next month, likely attached to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in theaters. To read what the writing duo have to say on their other upcoming projects (including Legendary Pictures' Waterproof), click the source link below. Pacific Rim is set to hit theaters July 12th, 2013.
http://screenrant.com/marcus-dunstan-patrick-melton-interview-god-war-pacific-rim-collection-black-light/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70241

THE WOLVERINE & MAN OF STEEL Trailers To Debut With THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

Back in July, it was reported that we might see a new trailer for Warner Bros. Pictures and Zack Snyder's Man of Steel before The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and that is now confirmed, according to Emileeid. I mean, it was expected, but it's nice to have some sort of a confirmation. But, that's not all. The report reveals that the first trailer for the James Mangold-directed film The Wolverine will also be attached to Peter Jackson's prequel on December 14th. We haven't seen much from the film, other than a teaser poster and some set photos. Mangold confirmed that The Wolverine will be set after the original X-Men trilogy, and he described it as a "Japanese noir picture with tentpole action," which sounds great to me.

So, what else are we going to see during that whole week? We know that IMAX 3D screenings of The Hobbit will have 9 minutes of footage from J.J. Abrams' Star Trek into Darkness and we will also get a trailer. Next up, Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro. It's almost a safe bet that Warner Bros. will release the trailer for that one as well, just like for Man of Steel. There are some other big films that still don't have a trailer, such as M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth (according to him, we will see it next month), and R.I.P.D., a science fiction film starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. All in all, December should be a great month.

Denied...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=70291

No Trailer For THE WOLVERINE With THE HOBBIT; But Mangold Promises A "Glimpse" Early 2013

It seems those reports of the first trailer for The Wolverine debuting with Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey were premature, as the director of the movie has confirmed in Tweets..

So don't expect to see any footage from the movie until next year. Still, at least it's early next year (a Super Bowl spot perhaps?) and hopefully we'll get a few more stills or a new poster before then. It's also nice to know there is only one day left on production and things seem to have gone off without a hitch.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70332

First Footage From THE HOST 2 Features a Giant Monster

The Host, directed by Bong Joon-ho (who is now directing Snow Piercer, starring Chris Evans) was a huge success back in 2006. The film was very unique and quite great, because of an interesting story and characters. The sequel was announced in 2007, but it seems that we can finally expect to see it sometime in 2013. Park Myeong-chan is directing The Host 2. The video below features our first look at the footage, and it's a big action scene. Check it out

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70384

Mark Hamill Talks THE SECRET SERVICE; Confirms Involvement In Matthew Vaughn's Adaptation

Mark Millar is no stranger to celebrity cameos in his comic books. After all, getting Samuel L. Jackson to agree to his likeness being used in The Ultimates was what resulted in the actor being brought on to play 'Nick Fury' in 2008's Iron Man! In The Secret Service, Mark Hamill (best known for playing 'Luke Skywalker' in Star Wars and voicing 'The Joker' in numerous animated series and video games) made a brief, but extremely memorable, appearance as himself and told Media Mikes all about that (and his cameo in Matthew Vaughn's planned adaptation) in a recent interview.

Mark contacted me via email and wanted to know if he could use my likeness in a comic book and beyond that to kill me in it. Well I thought that it was a very interesting idea. I am a huge fan of his and Dave Gibbons from “Watchmen”. I have a great friendship with him now. He asked me if I wanted to be in the movie and I said “Sure”. I don’t know what the details are yet. But it sounds like a lot of fun. The last time I played myself was in “The Simpsons”, back in 1998. It is very unnerving to play yourself because you have to analyze “Well who am I?”. I really don’t think about myself except in the roles I play. When I was getting ready to do “The Simpsons”, I was walking around the house asking “Do I sound like this” or “Do I sound like this” (both in different voices). I became very self-conscious but once I saw the advance concepts for the comic book from Mark, I thought it was such a brilliant concept combining the fantasy world of James Bond and contrast that with the drab lower-class English background that this guy comes from. It is such a wonderful paradox combination of elements in and of itself. It is not a major role but I never look at things like they need to be about me. I think about if it is good and if it is good I want to be a part of it. As far as I know, it is all a-go, we haven’t signed contracts or talked about a deal but I am sure it is going to happen.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=70457

New ALL YOU NEED IS KILL Set Photos Feature Tom Cruise In His Military Dress Uniform

Tom Cruise and the rest of the crew from Doug Liman's All You Need Is Kill invaded London's Trafalgar Square. A tourist hotspot that features some of the country's most iconic landmarks, like Nelson's Column. Photographers were able to nab images of Tom in military dress, sporting Top Gun-like aviator-style sunglasses. He was joined on set by a large group of extras dressed in military battle gear, that was covered at times with ponchos.

The scenes that were filmed involved a chopper hovering over Trafalgar Square with Tom inside and then touching down. Tom Cruise's character then proceeds to disembark the chopper, greeting a contingent of military official. That's about it, nothing too exciting. No aliens (shrugs).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238122/Tom-Cruise-dons-military-uniform-touches-Trafalgar-Square-RAF-helicopter.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DragonBallNews/news/?a=70576

Live Action DRAGON BALL Web Series - Runaways

A new fan made project entitled Runaways has hit the internet. There's more than one live action DBZ project in the making! This first episode is a recap from the original Dragon Ball, check it out here!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70606

James Cameron Plans To Begin Production On AVATAR Sequels Next Year

Last we heard on James Cameron's planned sequels to his 2009 sci-fi epic Avatar, it was said that the first follow-up would be targeting a 2015 release (after producer Jon Landau ruled out the previously suggested 2014 debut). Cameron has been working on the scripts for the sequels ever since the first film became the highest grossing movie of all time. Now, speaking with The West Australian at the premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey last night, the director reveals that he plans on finishing writing his scripts by February next year, and production would commence at the end of 2013. That would help bring the first sequel on course for a 2015 release. "I want to get these scripts nailed down, I don't want to be writing the movie in post production," Cameron said. "We kind of did that on the first picture, I ended up cutting out a lot of scenes and so on and I don't want to do that again." He also reveals that, if the groundbreaking 48 frames per second format is widely accepted for The Hobbit, then it'll "pave the way" for the Avatar sequels to use the format.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70654

Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME To Debut On CBS; RUNAWAYS Writer Brian K. Vaughan Attached

It's seemingly been stuck in development hell for well over a year, but after Showtime decided not to move ahead with the small screen adaptation of Stephen King's 2009 novel Under The Dome, CBS has now given it a 13-episode order for Summer 2013. It will be produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television with Lost and Runaways writer Brian K. Vaughan is still set to pen the script. Neal Baer (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) will serve as showrunner, while The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo director Niels Arden Oplev is set to helm the first episode. "This is a great novel coming to the television screen with outstanding auspices and in-season production values to create a summer programming event," CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester’s Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener’s hand is severed as "the dome" comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and when—or if—it will go away.

Dale Barbara, Iraq vet and now a short-order cook, finds himself teamed with a few intrepid citizens—town newspaper owner Julia Shumway, a physician’s assistant at the hospital, a selectwoman, and three brave kids. Against them stands Big Jim Rennie, a politician who will stop at nothing—even murder—to hold the reins of power, and his son, who is keeping a horrible secret in a dark pantry. But their main adversary is the Dome itself. Because time isn’t just short. It’s running out.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=70751

Producer Says X-FILES 3 Still Doesn't Have A Script; Expects Fox To Reboot The TV Show

Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Frank Spotnitz, and Chris Carter have all expressed interest in making a third X-Files movie, but so far Fox has been extremely quiet on the matter. No greenlight in sight. While the first featured film did $190 million at the worldwide box office, the second film struggled with a measly $68 million.

The website Den of Geeks caught up with Frank Spotnitz, who worked on the show for eight of its nine seasons. He came on as a writer and then eventually took on more responsibilities as an executive producer for four seasons. He was asked about about the status of X-Files 3, specifically if a script was in place. "No. No I don’t. I mean I’ve known for many years what I would like the movie to be and I’ve been talking to Chris Carter about it for many years, but there is no script," he said. Adding that plot is, "the climax of the alien colonization story that began the series."

If a third movie happens or if it doesn't Fox still has brand name value with The X-Files, and Spotnitz could see Fox rebooting the television series in the future like Star Trek did. "I wouldn’t be surprised at all," Spotnitz explained. "I mean, I don’t think I would have anything to do with it but you know, for better or for worse, these things are titles of big corporations , like Star Trek belongs to Paramount and The X-Files belongs to Twentieth Century Fox and it’s a huge asset in their libraries so I can’t imagine they would let it sit languishing forever. Anything could happen. I just hope that if they do it, they do it well, that’s my only request."

By the way most of you may have missed the final scene from The X files I Want Believe, as it was shown after the credits. It reveals that Mulder and Scully have headed to warmer waters to finally get away from the politics and the ghouls. This might be the last we see of the two characters, so soak it up.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/RR51/news/?a=70769

'Sherlock' Season 3 Might Not Air Until 2014...

Try late 2013. Perhaps even 2014, depending where you live.
Start of production on the third cycle of the fan-adored detective drama has been moved from January to March. Sources say the shift was necessary to accommodate the busy schedules of the show’s breakout stars, Benedict Cumberbatch (who’s in Star Trek 2) and Martin Freeman (starring in The Hobbit).

The BBC has not announced a premiere date for season three, but given that January was previously announced as the start of production, fans hoped to see Holmes and Watson return in the summer. Sources say the BBC will air Sherlock series three in late 2013. PBS has to wait until after the BBC’s window. A PBS spokesperson says Sherlock will air either late 2013 — or early 2014.

The first cycle of Sherlock debuted in the UK in July, 2010. The eagerly anticipated second season premiered last January, with PBS debuting the three 90-minute episodes in May. With its second season cliffhanger and increasing critical acclaim and worldwide buzz, anticipation for the next cycle of Sherlock is stronger than ever. From the BBC’s perspective, however, nothing about its schedule has really changed. Though production is starting slightly later than originally hoped, the company has only previously said the show will run sometime next year and recently hinted that a fall debut is likely. But for fans, particularly U.S. fans wanting more Sherlock as soon as possible, well, Holmes would advise patience.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 10:43:46 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70879

Worldwide Release Dates For STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Revealed

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/12/05/sean-bean-to-star-in-tnt-series-legends/

Sean Bean to Star in TNT Spy Series ‘Legends’

Former “Game of Thrones” star Sean Bean has been cast as the new lead in TNT’s pilot for “Legends,” a new series based on Robert Littell’s novel of the same name, according to Deadline.

Bean replaces actor Brendan Frasier, who was originally attached to star but left the project in October.

In the pilot, Bean will play Martin Odum, a spy who is adept at undercover missions because of his ability to transform himself into a different person depending on the job.

The pilot is being produced by Howard Gordon, who’s becoming the master of the TV spy game, as the EP of series like “24″ and Showtime’s Emmy-winning CIA hit “Homeland.”

Since the unforgettable premature demise of his “GOT” hero Ned Stark on the prestigious HBO series, Bean co-starred on last season’s forgettable Ashley Judd ABC series, “Missing.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=70931

TRON Sequel Closer To Becoming A Reality! Disney Hires Jesse Wigutow To Rewrite The Script

Let's pretend I had a budget of around $175 million to go make a movie. Then that movie went on to generate just over $400 million at the worldwide box office. So with that bit of info, would you say I had a hit movie or a flop? You have a hit movie of course... unless you're Disney's Tron: Legacy which for some odd reason has the word "flop" pinned to it far too often. Sure the film wasn't the monster hit that Disney was hoping for and outside of some neat special effects, a groovy soundtrack from Daft Punk, the story was a complete mess. But! It made money. And since it made some serious dough it shouldn't be a big surprise that Disney has taken another step forward in making Tron 3 a reality.

The Hollywood Reporter reports (lol), that the Mouse House has hired Jesse Wigutow ("Peter and the Starcatchers") to rewrite a script originally penned by David DiGilio ("Eight Below").

Not for nothing, but when your biggest weakness was a shaky script, maybe you shouldn't hire two guys that have as many writing credits as I have parking tickets (7 total). Realize your weakness and bring in a seasoned scribe to at least give you a base to work with, right? Either Disney knows something I don't know or they think they can wow audiences again with neon light cycles. Too bad we've already seen that one trick pony.

Besides that, Joseph Kosinki, will be back to direct Tron 3. He helmed 2010's Tron: Legacy which starred Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Jeff Bridges.

As of right now little is known about the plot of the third Tron movie, but back in April of 2011 Joseph Kosinki did share his plans at that time, of course a lot could've changed in over a year.

"I think we will pick with where Tron: Legacy left off with Quorra (Olivia Wilde) in the real world and what does that mean and the possibilities it opens up for the next chapter. It’s that relationship between the two of them that’s the next step."

He also envisioned Cillian Murphy having a much bigger role in the film as opposed to his brief cameo as Ed Dillinger's son. Which you can view in the video above.

Dillinger was a really important part of the first film and felt like an easy way to continue that storyline and thread to have his son in the new movie. That way you have people ask those questions of what the Dillinger legacy is in the world of TRON. We didn’t want to ignore it completely and it leaves a really nice springboard for some intertwining development for the next film."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:30 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/12/05/abc-picks-up-paranormal-mystery-series-weird-desk/

ABC Picks Up Paranormal Mystery Series ‘Weird Desk’

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) – Things are going to get “Weird” at ABC. The network has given a direct-to-series order to a new “X Files“-esque drama titled “Weird Desk,” a network spokeswoman told TheWrap on Wednesday.

The series will revolve around a beyond-top secret organization, dubbed “Weird Desk,” that investigates paranormal, supernatural and extraterrestrial occurrences based on information re-routed from the CIA and the NSA.

The organization is led by Morgan, a socially inept but brilliant man who would be dead if it wasn’t for his special forces-trained partner, Rosetta.

The 13-episode series will premiere in Summer 2013.

Written by Carl Binder (“Stargate”) and David Titcher (“The Librarian”), “Weird Desk” is being produced by Canadian company Shaftesbury Films and distributed by ABC Studios, with Shaftesbury’s Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy executive-producing.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70896

First Still From ENDER'S GAME Featuring Harrison Ford And Asa Butterfield

In the near future, a hostile alien race (called the Formics) have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander, Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite.

Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult war games, distiguising himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham, himself, to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.

Ender's Game is set to hit theaters November 1st, 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 11:53:04 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70835

First Images From THE SEVENTH SON Starring Jeff Bridges And Ben Barnes

In a time long past, an evil is about to be unleashed that will reignite the war between the forces of the supernatural and humankind once more. Master Gregory (Jeff Bridges) is a knight who had imprisoned the malevolently powerful witch, Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore), centuries ago. But now she has escaped and is seeking vengeance. Summoning her followers of every incarnation, Mother Malkin is preparing to unleash her terrible wrath on an unsuspecting world. Only one thing stands in her way: Master Gregory.

In a deadly reunion, Gregory comes face to face with the evil he always feared would someday return. Now he has only until the next full moon to do what usually takes years: train his new apprentice, Tom Ward (Ben Barnes) to fight a dark magic unlike any other. Man’s only hope lies in the seventh son of a seventh son.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/movies/2012/12/06/mark-hamill-makes-%e2%80%98biggest-gamble-of-career%e2%80%99-with-%e2%80%98sushi-girl%e2%80%99/

Mark Hamill Makes ‘Biggest Gamble of Career’ with ‘Sushi Girl’

When actor Mark Hamill read the script for his new grindhouse-style thriller “Sushi Girl,” he immediately turned it down.

“It seemed way out of my comfort zone and ultra-violent and just nasty,” Hamill told me during an early October interview. “It felt way too dark. I said to my agent, ‘I can’t do it.’”

The film, which is now available with XFINITY On Demand, chronicles the reunion of six career criminals as they confront one of their colleagues, a recently released convict who may have stolen a cache of diamonds during the botched heist that landed him behind bars in the first place. The story unfolds over a sushi dinner, where the main course is raw fish (including the deadly fugu fish) laid out upon the body of a naked woman. The cast includes well-known pop culture figures such as Tony Todd (“Candyman”), Noah Hathaway (“The NeverEnding Story”), Michael Biehn (“The Terminator”), Jeff Fahey (“The Lawnmower Man”), Danny Trejo (“Desperado”) and martial arts film icon Sonny Chiba.

Hamill plays Crow, a spineless psychopath with a surprising penchant for violence, who tortures the evening’s guest of honor by drilling chopsticks into his kneecaps and pulling out his teeth. “I have been married to a dental hygienist for 34 years,” Hamill quipped. “Just from a dental point of view, it’s highly offensive.”

Though seemingly against type for the man known around the world as “Star Wars” hero Luke Skywalker, director Kern Saxton chose Hamill because of the 20 years the actor spent lending his voice to one of the world’s most famous villains – Batman’s arch nemesis, The Joker.

“The fact that I could play a psychopath in an animated series – they wanted to see what I could do on camera,” Hamill explained, referencing the popular ’90s cartoon “Batman: The Animated Series” and several new versions of the franchise that followed.

Seeking a second opinion, Hamill handed the script to two of his three children, Griffin and Chelsea Hamill. According to Mark, Griffin shrugged off the violence as par for the course in today’s movie market. Chelsea, on the other hand, gave her dad some tough love: “She said, ‘If you don’t do this, I don’t wanna hear you complaining about you never getting parts that Steve Buscemi or Philip Seymour Hoffman get. You should be grateful they even thought of you for something so extreme,’” Hamill recalled.

Tony Todd in 'Sushi Girl' (Photo: Sushi Girl Films)

The 61-year-old actor agreed and, after reading the script a second time as his character Crow, found the violence more comical than gratuitous. Even still, Hamill remarked, “I think it’s the biggest gamble of my career.”

Keep reading for more of my interview with Mark, where we discuss “Sushi Girl,” learn his vocal inspiration for The Joker, uncover his most unusual piece of “Star Wars” memorabilia and blow his mind.

David Onda: In “Sushi Girl,” what do you think brought these very different men together in the first place?

Mark Hamill: I think, in a way, they’re sort of that dysfunctional family; they all sort of complement one another in different ways. You have the father figure in Duke, the Tony Todd character, and you have Andy Mackenzie playing the enforcer, and James Duval is the soulful member of the group. Every character serves a different function. If Crow was left to his own devices, he would probably be forging checks and pulling scams. I don’t know if he has the depth to pull off a robbery on his own, but within the family, it all works.

Onda: It’s funny you mentioned the dysfunctional family, because I sort of amused myself imagining Luke Skywalker, the Candyman and Atreyu pulling off this diamond heist together…

Hamill: [laughs] It’s chock-a -block with iconic figures – not only the main characters, but to be able to get Michael Biehn, Danny Trejo and Sonny Chiba. I mean, it’s like a pop culture dream. It’s not “A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World,” where you know you look up and say “Oh, look, the gas station attendant is so-and-so.” They all have something to contribute and they all did just a great job and it was just a great thrill to be able to work with them.

Onda: One of the things that struck me about your performance is that you use many of the same mannerism as when you’re performing the voice of The Joker.

Hamill performing as The Joker (Photos: YouTube)

Hamill: You know, the only time I ever saw footage of me doing The Joker – we were recording the tracks for “Mask of the Phantasm,” the feature film. And they were doing a first-look for HBO, and they had placed cameras around the studio, but very unobtrusively. And when I eventually saw the little promotional film, it was appalling! I had no idea that I looked like that. I was performing and pulling my hair and gesticulating wildly! One of the things that I love about voiceover is that it’s a situation where – because you’re not encumbered by being seen – it’s liberating. You’re able to make broad choices that you would never make if you were on camera. But I wasn’t aware of how I looked or how ridiculous I looked doing that character.

Onda: Throughout your career, have movie roles been more attractive to you when they were so much further than what you’ve been known with “Star Wars”?

Hamill: One of the reasons I’ve taken so well to both Broadway and voiceover is the character actor aspect of it. When you are in your gear as Mozart – when you look in the mirror you’re no longer Mark Hamill – you’re transformed. It’s easy to hide inside the shell of another character, and I love it. I love the idea of being able to disappear into another character, and one of the reasons I wanted such an extreme look for Crow was that he was an extreme personality. When he shows up, you should be able to take one look at this guy and say, “There is something wrong with this person.” Whether it’s the inappropriate shoulder-length surfer hair, or the horn-rimmed glasses, or the fact that he wears those tennis shoes with the three-piece suit – it’s a guy that’s not really developed right. When I put myself together and look in the mirror, Mark Hamill was gone and Crow was there.

Onda: What was your inspiration for Crow’s voice?

Hamill in 'Sushi Girl' (Photo: Sushi Girl Films)

Hamill: I was sort of channeling an understudy of mine that I worked with in a musical called “Harrigan ‘n Hart.” I mean, his cynicism and his humor I found similar. I would hate to demean or defame this guy, because obviously he is nothing like Crow, but his outlook and dark humor and his cynicism was similar. When I was asked what was my inspiration for The Joker – did I pattern it after Caesar Romero or Jack Nicholson – I said, “Not really.” When I look back, I’m thinking Claude Rains was kind of an inspiration, because I remember loving him so much. As a kid, I loved the Invisible Man with his – [in a gravelly voice] “Crazy?! You think I’m crazy? I’ll show you who’s crazy.” He had that wonderful wit and that dynamic energy, and his voice was really compelling. I wanted to have all the colors in the rainbow with Joker, from dark and menacing to buoyant and exuberant silliness and grand theatricality – a little Charles Nelson Reilly. I mean, I was all over the place. I loved character actors and I loved the sounds of various dialect voices. The Joker is sort of mid-Atlantic. He’s not really British, but he’s not really fully American. The one wondrous thing about playing crazy people, whether its Crow or The Joker, is that when someone’s crazy, they are, by definition, unpredictable. And when you’re unpredictable, you’re never boring.

Onda: “Star Wars” actor Anthony Daniels once told me he still has an old box of C-3P0’s cereal. What’s the most unusual piece of “Star Wars” memorabilia you own?

Hamill: I do happen to have a box of 3-CP0’s, but I notice if it’s food products, and you store it in the attic, the mice will find it. I have a box somewhere without the cereal, because god knows it would be petrified by now. I was lucky – they let me keep my boots from the first one. I got to keep the Storm Trooper helmet that I rescued the princess in. Ironically, the Storm Trooper helmet that I have is not nearly as well-made or constructed as the commercial versions that you can buy. The ones you buy are meant to last forever. The one that I kept was meant to last for 10 weeks of filming. The inner visor is just a piece of green cellophane taped to the inside, with these eye holes. I never expected to be a pair of Underoos . The merchandising aspect of it was great fun for me, because I’m a real pop culture kind of creature. I loved the idea of being a bubblegum card.

Onda: I have an amazing original Darth Vader phone that my grandfather passed down to me.

C-3PO's cereal box (Photo: Kellogg's)

Hamill: Oh! That converts your voice into his voice?

Onda: Yes. And Vader’s just lights up. It’s one of my favorite things.

Hamill: That’s wonderful! The ingenuity of what they come up with is astonishing. I love the fact that, one time, my face was on the back of a cereal box – probably 3-CP0’s – and it was a mask where you cut out the eye holes and put a string through the side. It makes me feel like I’m 11 years old all over again. I immediately become a child and remember going, “Please, mom, buy me those Cocoa Puffs, because there’s a Superman inside.” When you realize how much those kinds of things mean, especially to the children, I can relate to it.

Onda: For as world-renowned as you are for being Luke Skywalker, it’s funny that, as a ’90s kid, I knew you as The Joker first.

Hamill: A lot of people don’t know I’m The Joker, because who could read the credits that fly by at that speed? And that’s fine with me. It was a learning moment when I realized I don’t mind not getting that recognition, because it works so well. When all the elements come together – the script and the artwork and the music – I don’t need the spotlight and the curtain call. I really am proud of that, and the fact that, for a lot of people, it’s an anonymous actor doing [The Joker] – that’s even more flattering.

Onda: It was like finding out that Uncle Phil from “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” was the voice of Shredder in the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” cartoon.

Hamill: [laughs hard] I didn’t know that!

Onda: Yes! It blows my mind.

Hamill: Well, you just blew my mind.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70998

First Poster For Joseph Kosinski's OBLIVION Debuts

Tom Cruise stars in Oblivion, an original and groundbreaking cinematic event from the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond recognition, one man’s confrontation with the past will lead him on a journey of redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind.

Jack Harper (Cruise) is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack’s mission is nearly complete.

Living in and patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.

The first trailer will debut Sunday, December 9th on iTunes Trailers. It is said to be attached to screenings of Jack Reacher (which also stars Cruise) and possibly The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey later this month. Be sure to check CBM when the trailer's released.

Oblivion also stars Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Melissa Leo. The film is set to hit theaters April 19th, 2013, and will be released in IMAX a week before.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=71116

UPDATED: New Image From STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Released

UPDATE: According to Coming Soon, Paramount Pictures claims that the name of Benedict Cumberbatch's character in the film is John Harrison, which is probably a misdirection as they will try to keep the real name a mystery.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71131

Klingons Confirmed For STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS; Alice Eve's Role Revealed

As the internet goes space-crazy over all of the lovely Star Trek Into Darkness footage and info over the last few days, we have even more news on J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated sci-fi follow up. More new footage was screened today for a select few at the Bad Robot Avid Post Production Webinar, and it turns out those rumors of Klingons on the starboard bow were true after all..

This should make Trekkies pretty happy. The Klingons were allies of Starfleet in the later Star Trek series, but the early incarnations served as the show's/movie's primary antagonists. Hopefully we'll find out a bit more about their appearance in Star Trek Into Darkness as more info on the footage leaks.

Also, this..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/igp2uhkukcsks.gif/

That would be Dr. Carol Marcus, as in Kirk's love interest and Mother to his son David - at least in the old continuity. She also created 'Project Genesis', the scientific breakthrough responsible for bringing Spock back to life after his sacrifice to save the Enterprise from Khan in Star Trek 2.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=71125

THE SAINT Headed To Television With Eliza Dushku

Eliza Dushku (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tru Calling) has joined the Brad Krevoy project as a love interest for English actor Adam Rayner ( Hawthorne,Dragon Age: Redemption ), who portrays Simon Templar in a backdoor pilot (A backdoor pilot is a television movie which is used to gauge audience interest. If popular, the tv movie will go on to become a television series). Simon West ( Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The Expendables 2) is directing the pilot from a script by Jesse Alexander (Heroes, Alias).

Simon Templar was created by Leslie Charteris in 1928 for a series of books published as "The Saint", which lasted nearly 60 years. The Saint has previously given the small and big screen treatment including a 1960s series starring Roger Moore, and a 1997 film starring Val Kilmer.

A British intellectual property, The Saint has often drawn comparisons to James Bond.