Author Topic: Regarding Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 9351 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Regarding Arnold Schwarzenegger
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
 Conan

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »
I've met a lot of expert brickies and none of them got rich quick.  There's more knowledge required than you might imagine to build even a basic single story brick house, which is why guys apprentice for years to become competent masons.  It would be more believable if he claimed to bid jobs and subcontract the labor.  But he and Franco personally laid the bricks?  Please.  There is no way that a guy with no background or training is going to go buy a mortar mixer and become a millionaire.  

I don't doubt that they went out and botched a few jobs but the money obviously flowed in from another source.

Arnold's problem is not knowing when the bullshit becomes a little too deep.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »

agreed.....everyone..act s as if Arnold's book is the light of truth.....I would rather see an unauthorized version of Arnold's biography

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
agreed.....everyone..acts as if Arnold's book is the light of truth.....I would rather see an unauthorized version of Arnold's biography

i have it.   it states that he still has unpaid parking tickets in europe ::)   like that is a capital crime or something

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »

Everyone else's problem is they think Arnold is their God.

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
agreed.....everyone..acts as if Arnold's book is the light of truth.....I would rather see an unauthorized version of Arnold's biography
Yes it's an obvious, pr stunt to get forgiveness, and at the same time get praise from men. Blatant narcisstic behavior. The whole book reads like a 10 year old child trying explain why someone would brake into the cookie jar instead of  stealing the porsche.

Everyone else's problem is they think Arnold is their God.
No but for a while he seemed like a very interesting person.

Although recent events show there's little separation between him and your garden variety immigrant.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
i have it.   it states that he still has unpaid parking tickets in europe ::)   like that is a capital crime or something

LOL....thats funny

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »
Arnold, in his book, also said he hadnt touched steroids until his late 60's, and it only gained him 10 pounds  ::)
u gotta be making that one up. Arnold has repeatedly admitted that he used steroids when he was in his prime. He's admitted it openly on tv many times. Does he really say that in his book?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
Everyone else's problem is they think denying that Arnold is their God.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
I've met a lot of expert brickies and none of them got rich quick.  There's more knowledge required than you might imagine to build even a basic single story brick house, which is why guys apprentice for years to become competent masons.  It would be more believable if he claimed to bid jobs and subcontract the labor.  But he and Franco personally laid the bricks?  Please.  There is no way that a guy with no background or training is going to go buy a mortar mixer and become a millionaire.  

I don't doubt that they went out and botched a few jobs but the money obviously flowed in from another source.

X2

That story always seemed a little strange to me as well. For precisely the points you wrote out.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
X2

That story always seemed a little strange to as well. For precisely the points you wrote out.

You see, I work construction. I build things. Do you realize how important that is to the world?

Well I've got to go lock some things up down at the job site.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »
Of course not, maybe 28 or so.

A lesser-known fact of Arnold Schwarzenegger's life is that he was already a millionaire before he ever became a Hollywood action hero. Together with a friend he began a brick-laying business in 1968. Using successful marketing techniques coupled with an onset of high demand after an earthquake, the business proved successful. The profits from Schwarzenegger's brick-laying business were then invested in what would become a lucrative series of ever-growing business ventures; each supporting the next endeavor. This successful business savvy would make Schwarzenegger a millionaire by the age of 30.

I used to go to LA twice a year for vacations (because it's a cheap destination and I never failed to have fun there)...I met a sound man who used to work for Merv Griffin productions.  He contends that Merv Griffin was the person who taught Arnold how to invest and that the seed money for Arnold's  empire came from his television appearances.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
You see, I work construction. I build things. Do you realize how important that is to the world?

What'd I tell you about a reality check, Frank?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
X2

That story always seemed a little strange to me as well. For precisely the points you wrote out.

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that Arnold and Franco used that bricklaying story as a ruse for for something else.....I can't remember if it was for taxes or whatever, but I really don't believe for a minute that Joe would let Arnold lay bricks to make ends meet.....Also It strikes me that Arnold was not one for manual labor....I think he had too much of an ego for that

MikMaq

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »
I can't remember where I read it, but I read that Arnold and Franco used that bricklaying story as a ruse for for something else.....I can't remember if it was for taxes or whatever, but I really don't believe for a minute that Joe would let Arnold lay bricks to make ends meet.....Also It strikes me that Arnold was not one for manual labor....I think he had too much of an ego for that
He mentioned hiring 18 guys are a job, he was more of a contractor. No surprise, the guy's a socio path, it's easy to scam alot of money quick, if you can build a name, and not have to worry about being caught on shoddy work.

You can make a ton of money at that if you got questionable ethics, which he has in spades.

Anyhow, if arnold was simply honest, the book would of been killer, I can wait for 2030 when the real unedited version comes out.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
Arnold: We rented sledge hammers.  We made great money.

Franco: We bought cars!

LMAO! ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
He mentioned hiring 18 guys elfs are a job, he was more of a contractor. No surprise, the guy's a socio path, it's easy to scam alot of money quick, if you can build a name, and not have to worry about being caught on shoddy work.

You can make a ton of money at that if you got questionable ethics, which he has in spades.

Could copy paste this in the GH15 thread

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:36 AM »
Fat/Ugly lady confronted Governor Arnold Schwarzengger and asked "Are you in bed with Ken Lay!?"...

Arnold smiled and said "Well... I'm certainly not in bed with you".

;D ;D ;D

LOL.........nice comeback Arnie

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:58 AM »
arnold was not a millionaire that young . he came to america at age 21 . it took more than a year . i guess .

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:35 AM »
brick-laying......yeah, right....

People will believe anything won't they? ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »

Settle down Doyle.