Author Topic: Two forms of dieting (attn: j falcon)  (Read 918 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Two forms of dieting (attn: j falcon)
« on: October 15, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
What's better, to starve yourself and do nothing all day, or eat a bunch and do countless repetitions of laborious movements?

Suppose both strategies are employed to create a caloric deficit, equilibrium, or surplus depending on ones goals.  Which is better?

Seems like most women choose the former all day, but might they be better served by the latter?

As time goes on, I can't help but feel like minimizing one's energy input and output results in a corpse-like feeling and, eventually, appearance.  I wonder if all these dieting moms could finally shed the blubber and find success if they stopped worrying so much about how many points their imitation creme puff is worth and started worrying about how many bodyweight squats / hours of standing / lawns mowed / 800 lb deadlifts they could do?

please give your opinion on this matter.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Two forms of dieting (attn: j falcon)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »
Option B is better, or there is always Option D.

LetItRock

• Getbig II
Re: Two forms of dieting (attn: j falcon)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:20:24 PM »
What's better, to starve yourself and do nothing all day, or eat a bunch and do countless repetitions of laborious movements?

Suppose both strategies are employed to create a caloric deficit, equilibrium, or surplus depending on ones goals.  Which is better?

Seems like most women choose the former all day, but might they be better served by the latter?

As time goes on, I can't help but feel like minimizing one's energy input and output results in a corpse-like feeling and, eventually, appearance.  I wonder if all these dieting moms could finally shed the blubber and find success if they stopped worrying so much about how many points their imitation creme puff is worth and started worrying about how many bodyweight squats / hours of standing / lawns mowed / 800 lb deadlifts they could do?

please give your opinion on this matter.

I would say neither. Balance is the key. Recently, I dislocated my elbow while I was on cutting. I was in the Emergency room and in the sling for a week. So, I said to myself, fuck it and reduce my calories further to starve myself. Bad decision and fat keep adding with weight coming off.

So, I got back to moderate weight with good arm, pink dumbbells with my dislocated arm. I still can't fully straighten my arms and locked out overhead. But I did squats, some moderate cardio about 20-30 mins stationary bike a day and getting back to 10.6% BF now - considering I was 14% BF while I was starving.