Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 11, 2016, 04:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Boys of Summer  (Read 5718 times)
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Y Ninja

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 05:03:28 PM »

Obviously Jeter's the captain and was the real face of the team.

But for me, the "faces" of the Yankees in recent times were Teixeira and Nick Swisher  Smiley

Swisher was a great pickup at the time - true sabermetrics type move that was correct in the short term.

Although it was the right move and really set the Yankees up well, I'm bummed about trading Miller.  Guy was a class act all the way, and nasty on the mound.

I want Toronto or Tex in the AL, after that, anyone but Boston.  Price looks to be a BAD contract.  Love how Dombrowski traded their best pitching prospect for another #4.
Report to moderator   Logged

Y
tom joad
Getbig IV

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »

Swisher was a great pickup at the time - true sabermetrics type move that was correct in the short term.

Although it was the right move and really set the Yankees up well, I'm bummed about trading Miller.  Guy was a class act all the way, and nasty on the mound.

I want Toronto or Tex in the AL, after that, anyone but Boston.  Price looks to be a BAD contract.  Love how Dombrowski traded their best pitching prospect for another #4.

maybe Dombrowski doesn't think that there's a difference between pitching in Petco & Fenway? haha

it'll be interesting to see what happens when Price has his opt out after a couple more seasons?  
if he chooses to stay in beantown then it'll be because he knows that he's being overpayed ...
and since red sox fans aren't too thrilled with him now, yeah, just wait for those last 5 years of his contract.

njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

TEAM...NUTZ...THE PIC...

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »

yanks doing what boston did few yrs ago when francona lost clubhouse..cleaning house McCann could be next,,i like him good power/good catcher but I guess not what they wanted for the $$$..
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Y Ninja

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »

maybe Dombrowski doesn't think that there's a difference between pitching in Petco & Fenway? haha

Exactly - a flyball pitcher should do extremely well in Fenway....lol.

Y
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!