Author Topic: This is current... A Romney Landslide  (Read 4048 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: This is current...
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »
Either way, if you decide to hate each major candidate, vote for the freakin' green party or whatever.  Vote something.  It's a right we have that not all do.  You may not agree with the electoral college, but if you do don't vote, you cannot complain.  Bottom line.

I have a right to stick my dick in a blender. Not all people do. Does this imply anything about whether I should do it or not?

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
Latest CBS electoral map.

Even if Obama is trailing in polls, the popular vote doesn't mean anything.  If Obama can hold his slight lead in Ohio he wins.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 06:25:13 PM »
I have a right to stick my dick in a blender. Not all people do. Does this imply anything about whether I should do it or not?

I'm pretty sure everyone has that right, unless you live in a third-world country without access to modern kitchen appliances :)  

All I am saying is that if you don't vote, you can't complain about the state of the country.  And that it's an honor and a priviledge to have an honest, fair vote.  Take China, for instance.  In the past, there has been only one name on the ballot to vote for.  In the past, Cuba.  If you look for it, any person can find many of their own personal beliefs reflected in one candidate or another.  If you don't want to be heard, then don't vote...but don't complain about the taxes you're paying.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »
Your vote isn't allowed to change the system.  If it was, it would be taken from you.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 06:37:06 PM »

Lol, why didnt you just color them all red then?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Your vote isn't allowed to change the system.  If it was, it would be taken from you.

Depends on where you're voting from.  The electoral college was put in place so that major "regions" of America would get their own specific voice, so that concerns of a specific group of people would be heard and not washed out.  I'm more worried about the number of people that DON'T vote.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”

Lol..good one.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure everyone has that right, unless you live in a third-world country without access to modern kitchen appliances :)  

All I am saying is that if you don't vote, you can't complain about the state of the country.  And that it's an honor and a priviledge to have an honest, fair vote.  Take China, for instance.  In the past, there has been only one name on the ballot to vote for.  In the past, Cuba.  If you look for it, any person can find many of their own personal beliefs reflected in one candidate or another.  If you don't want to be heard, then don't vote...but don't complain about the taxes you're paying.

1. Strictly speaking, any given person that doesn't vote is acting rationally, assuming the goal of voting is to influence an election's outcome. No single vote is ever going to have such an impact, and so an individual who doesn't vote is saving themselves wasted time.

2. Even if such a person's vote could make such an impact, they may be expressing their preferences precisely by not voting; namely, they may be communicating the message "I don't like any of the options on offer," or some similar statement. I think it's a bit simplistic to assume voting is the only -- or even primary -- means of expressing one's preferences. Such people are exercising another right: the right not to vote! I think they can still complain when policy goes awry to the extent that they really think none of the options on offer are any good.

3. The eminent philosopher George Carlin argued that people who vote for candidates who subsequently get elected and screw things up have no right to complain as opposed to the people who did not vote and thus did not help said candidate win. That's another point to consider.

4. Finally, I'm not sure it's right to say that voting necessarily leads to one getting 'heard.' In fact, I think many people don't vote precisely because they feel elections establish a revolving door in the Oval Office that keeps swapping one person who doesn't listen to the average person's interest for another. This election cycle the Chamber of Commerce will spend over $100 million on donations, lobbying, and 'outside spending.' Do you really think the average person casting a vote will get heard like the Chamber will?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Who cares? you think this country will improve with either candidate? I don't like Obama but I had Romney for Governor of Massachusetts , he's a fucking clown as well

Politicians are NOT your friend , they don't have your best interests in mind and could give a flying fuck about you
Yip and its the same the world over no matter what Country we are all from.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
Lol..good one.

Haha, you know what is actually funny?  That in your tiny brain, any study/poll that shows Romney winning is accurate and anything for Obama = liberal LIES!  ;D 

Check out your stupidity:

Funny thing is you actually believe that. Do yo. Believe the polls as well? Do you believe it was a YouTube video that killed those marines and ambassador that Obama all but pulled the trigger on. You don't freaking get it. If it wasn't for the msm Obama would.be in the.tank more than 10 points at least. Not going to do this again. You're blind.

HAHA, check out this next gem:

The war of the polls gets a little wearisome for non-wonks, but we’ll keep this short and sweet. The mainstream media are rigging the polls. No headliner there, but just how bad is it? It could mean that Romney has as much as a double-digit lead of 54-44 in Realityville. How, you ask? Because the Democrats are fooling themselves in terms of likely voter party identification and voter enthusiasm.

An Ipsos/Reuters poll trumpets a five point lead for Barack Obama, and since the rest of the media keeps tight as a herd of cows before a thunderstorm, millions believe it. Such “rainmaking,” or using polls to make results instead of report them, is common in the pro-Democrat mainstream media.

But these polls are bogus, to put it mildly.
Simply put, the mainstream media are mixing in registered voters (which skews Democrat, even though many might not vote), and playing games with the Republican-Democrat-Independent breakdown.

Rasmussen has this breakdown as about 37.6% Republican (and a record number since November 2002), 33.3% Democrat, and 29.2% “Other.” As the Examiner reports, the Reuters/Ipsos poll has “52.5 percent Democrats, 37.6 percent Republicans and 9.2 independents among the 2,078 registered voters and 1,437 likely voters.”

Thus,
Reuters/Ipsos is oversampling Democrats by about 15% and undersampling and misrepresenting Independents.  Independents are favoring Romney, not “leaning Democrat,” so it is dishonest to lump together Independents and Democrats.

Many more strongly disapprove of the president’s job in office than strongly approve, the majority dislike big government policies, and most believe the country is on the wrong track. More trust Mitt Romney on the economy, which is overwhelmingly this election’s most important issue, and the president’s lead on foreign policy is shriveling.

If anything, the presidential polling should be neck-in-neck. The only landslide here is the mainstream media’s reputation crumbling and their continued slide into irrelevance.
Facebook Twitter Email

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/09/16897-romney-ahead-double-digits-after-unskewing-polls/

And...one more of Coach's memorable meltdowns:  ;D

No...for the most part it's a statistical dead heat. But regardless....

Republicans are getting depressed under an avalanche of polling suggesting that an Obama victory is in the offing. They, in fact, suggest no such thing! Here’s why:

1. All of the polling out there uses some variant of the 2008 election turnout as its model for weighting respondents and this overstates the Democratic vote by a huge margin.

In English, this means that when you do a poll you ask people if they are likely to vote. But any telephone survey always has too few blacks, Latinos, and young people and too many elderly in its sample. That’s because some don’t have landlines or are rarely at home or don’t speak English well enough to be interviewed or don’t have time to talk. Elderly are overstated because they tend to be home and to have time. So you need to increase the weight given to interviews with young people, blacks and Latinos and count those with seniors a bit less.

Normally, this task is not difficult. Over the years, the black, Latino, young, and elderly proportion of the electorate has been fairly constant from election to election, except for a gradual increase in the Hispanic vote. You just need to look back at the last election to weight your polling numbers for this one.

But 2008 was no ordinary election. Blacks, for example, usually cast only 11% of the vote, but, in 2008, they made up 14% of the vote. Latinos increased their share of the vote by 1.5% and college kids almost doubled their vote share. Almost all pollsters are using the 2008 turnout models in weighting their samples. Rasmussen, more accurately, uses a mixture of 2008 and 2004 turnouts in determining his sample. That’s why his data usually is better for Romney.

But polling indicates a widespread lack of enthusiasm among Obama’s core demographic support due to high unemployment, disappointment with his policies and performance, and the lack of novelty in voting for a black candidate now that he has already served as president.

If you adjust virtually any of the published polls to reflect the 2004 vote, not the 2008 vote, they show the race either tied or Romney ahead, a view much closer to reality.

2. Almost all of the published polls show Obama getting less than 50% of the vote and less than 50% job approval. A majority of the voters either support Romney or are undecided in almost every poll.

But the fact is that the undecided vote always goes against the incumbent. In 1980 (the last time an incumbent Democrat was beaten), for example, the Gallup Poll of October 27th had Carter ahead by 45-39. Their survey on November 2nd showed Reagan catching up and leading by three points. In the actual voting, the Republican won by nine. The undecided vote broke sharply — and unanimously — for the challenger.

An undecided voter has really decided not to back the incumbent. He just won’t focus on the race until later in the game.

So, when the published poll shows Obama ahead by, say, 48-45, he’s really probably losing by 52-48!

Add these two factors together and the polls that are out there are all misleading. Any professional pollster (those consultants hired by candidates not by media outlets) would publish two findings for each poll — one using 2004 turnout modeling and the other using 2008 modeling. This would indicate just how dependent on an unusually high turnout of his base the Obama camp really is.

http://www.dickmorris.com/why-the-polls-under-state-romney-vote/

As a postscript, the 7-Election cup poll has correctly predicted the presidential election for the past three election cycles..and Obama is up 59% to Romney's 41%.  LIES!  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
Haha, you know what is actually funny?  That in your tiny brain, any study/poll that shows Romney winning is accurate and anything for Obama = liberal LIES!  ;D 

Check out your stupidity:

HAHA, check out this next gem:

And...one more of Coach's memorable meltdowns:  ;D

As a postscript, the 7-Election cup poll has correctly predicted the presidential election fothe past three election cycles..and Obama is up 59% to Romney's 41%.  LIES!  ;D

Check the date on.those genius. I also said that the polls don't really matter.until about 30 days out. It was proven that the polls were scewed with over sampling of dems. Funny how they adjusted so quickly isn't it?

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »
Check the date on.those genius. I also said that the polls don't really matter.until about 30 days out. It was proven that the polls were scewed with over sampling of dems. Funny how they adjusted so quickly isn't it?

HAHA, I am well aware of the dates.  Notice, before the first debate...the polls were all LIES!  After the first debate, the polls are all legit!  ;D

I can watch Hannity for 10 minutes and know everything you will say  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
HAHA, I am well aware of the dates.  Notice, before the first debate...the polls were all LIES!  After the first debate, the polls are all legit!  ;D

I can watch Hannity for 10 minutes and know everything you will say  ;D

They're still mostly lies. Romney is ahead further than what most polss suggest. Do you really think the lib polls are all of the sudden for Romney.haha. of course not. Obama is getting his ass handed to him in every area including the debates and that beatdown that Romney gave him at that dinner last night isn't going.to help. Fuck, you're delusional.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »
They're still mostly lies. Romney is ahead further than what most polss suggest. Do you really think the lib polls are all of the sudden for Romney.haha. of course not. Obama is getting his ass handed to him in every area including the debates and that beatdown that Romney gave him at that dinner last night isn't going.to help. Fuck, you're delusional.

Wow.  It is abundantly clear that you have never had an original thought in your uneducated brain.  Great response Coach, I mean Rush, I mean Hannity... :-*

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »
Latest CBS electoral map.

Even if Obama is trailing in polls, the popular vote doesn't mean anything.  If Obama can hold his slight lead in Ohio he wins.

Not if Romney takes Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Colorado, he doesn't.

Plus, there's the RCP map that has Romney up, 206 to 201.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
Wow.  It is abundantly clear that you have never had an original thought in your uneducated brain.  Great response Coach, I mean Rush, I mean Hannity... :-*

Ok, sister. Whatever you say.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »
Ok, sister. Whatever you say.

Coach,

Strap up your velcro shoes and go get some fresh air.  Political conversations are too difficult for your mind to comprehend. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »

Coach,

Strap up your velcro shoes and go get some fresh air.  Political conversations are too difficult for your mind to comprehend. 

Back off, bro.

It's not nice to pick on retards.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »
Back off, bro.

It's not nice to pick on retards.

Yes, because I've been more right than wrong the last four years. Look son, before you go spewing your
Fake ass intellect, check my record on here. If not, please stfu unless you can prove otherwise

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 12:53:48 AM »
Im either writing in Ron Paul or voting Romney. Depends on how much Obama pisses me off in the coming weeks.

That's just throwing your vote away.

:

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
Not if Romney takes Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Colorado, he doesn't.

Plus, there's the RCP map that has Romney up, 206 to 201.

Romney pulled out his entire staff from Wisconsin 3 weeks ago and has already conceded it.  New Hampshire is a long shot for Romney and CO is about the same.  Virginia will likely go to Obama.

The problem is that Romney has to take away a couple of states that would normally go for Obama and he simply hasn't done it. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: This is current... A Romney Landslide
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »
I feel bad for the 94ers      The traitor ghetto communist messiah is done and these ghetto parasites dont realize it 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »

Romney pulled out his entire staff from Wisconsin 3 weeks ago and has already conceded it.  New Hampshire is a long shot for Romney and CO is about the same.  Virginia will likely go to Obama.

The problem is that Romney has to take away a couple of states that would normally go for Obama and he simply hasn't done it. 

60+% of the world's gamblers - those outside the USA - those without influence of our lying ass media - those who are wagering millions on the outcome - still put their $ on obama to win, for whatever reason.

maybe it's the power of the incumbency, maybe it's the votes being counted in spain by george soros company, maybe its something else. 

but they are putting their $ where their mouth is.   To those getbiggers outside USA - who do YOU think will win this election?   I know, everyone on getbig loves/hates one candidate and i doubt many of us are swing voters.   I'd love to know what those outside the USA think.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »

Romney hasn't conceded Wisconsin. And if he pulled his staff earlier, they're back there now as it's now a toss-up again.

You mean he hasn't done it yet. The fact that Obama is having to defend states that he should have locked up MONTHS ago shows he's in serious trouble.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »
you guys are all pretty dumb. arguing that your candidate is going to win. you think spreading that message is going to encourage people to go the polls in support of him?  ;D   ;D   ;D  THINK ABOUT IT  ;D  ;D  ;D