Author Topic: French Foreign Legion  (Read 6331 times)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: French Foreign Legion
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I'd join for the cool hat alone.

Are you talkin' 'bout the Képi blanc bro

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

Are you talkin' 'bout the Képi blanc bro

Yes, but the one with the neck cooler in the back.  That shit is awesome.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »
Haha, Living in Texas made me love it.

why you lived in Texas, big Shock ?

were you drillin'? I heard they pay good money !! There was a TV-show they aired here too - guys worked hard many days and then spent their earnings on booze and sluts - everyone was driving pickups  8)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
An option if you're fit overall and want to get away from everything.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
An option if you're fit overall and want to get away from everything.

Yes.
I heard from my friends that many Soviet soldiers went there after their country broke up and they found themselves left abroad alone, without support, without wages etc. (Imagine American soldiers in Afghanistan one day just receive a message "USA no more exists - you're fired. Good luck"
Sick stuff  :-[

Good way to start it all over again.
Legioners get lot of pussy too  8)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 11:54:51 PM »

Help me pick out my new identity. What's a super cool sounding French name?

Pepe le Peu

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 04:30:57 AM »
The FFE and the people over here who I know joined is for the dropouts and deadbeats who cannot get a job anywhere so they join.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »
I thought about the Legion too when i was 31 ( they take you up to 40, if you are fit and with Military experience although after 35 it´s harder). I phoned their Office in strasbourg which is just over the German border. I spoke to a brit on the phone who was ex Brit army and was 15 years in the Legions Cavalry Regt. He told me it´s nothing special and was ok and told me the score what happens. I was fit enough because i ran a lot and know how to prepare for such things. Their running test at that time was 7 rounds of a running track in if i remember right in 12 mins so it´s 2,800 metres. I think now it´s a beep test starts slow and each level gets faster. I think if you are in the US then join your own Army, Rangers, there is enough good trained units and in the UK too. I have heard the Legions organisation is not good and i remember i asked the Brit on the phone about the Brutality thing..Long Pause... he then said,"they stopped all that in ´84. Well only one way to find out Men... me i am happy livin life. ;D

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
why do people even consider the ffl when theres options to be a mercenary?

The ffl used to ignore your identity so when you joined if you were a wanted man or just needed to disappear it was a decent place to go start over without having to hide everyday. I don`t know if they do that anymore but I would bet they don`t ask many questions as long as you pass their physical tests.
time under tension

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »
interesting.

whats the salary?

I do not know what they get paid now, they have a web site. I think you are correct most ex soldiers can get good paid jobs now. When i first spoke to the Guy he said , "yeah you won´t see your Family for 2 years".. then later in our conversation he said you would get leave sooner, so really it´s hard to say. He did also say they take single guys before married guys and if you were married you have to change your name. hey galeniko don´t do it Bro.. ;D I only thought about it as i was having a rough time then and wanted to fuck off. glad now i never because of my kids. Although i do think if i was not married with kids i would have went. I would have liked the Brotherhood that they embrace. Anyway we need you here , this is the getbig Legion... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
oh dont worry, theres no way id chose to beome a soldier or mercenary. the mindset is way to screwed up for that by now ;D

... yeah and i am too old and soft now... ;D

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »
interesting.

whats the salary?

FFS pays 1000Euro/month.

...and most private mercenary groups only hire people with previous military experience.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
thats quite bad.not as bad as 20usd a month like it was for yugoswlav army during balkan wars, though.

is it true that the ffl will make sure your criminal record is deleted?

i dont see that as viable option anymore these days, bc even with new identity, dna and fingerprints still remain the same.

or is that criminal record forgiven thing a fairytale anyway?

and how much do private contractors get?

They will take you in if you're not a fugitive for a major crime like murder, rape and things of that sort(They cross-check your name with interpol). Once you're in, they give you a temporary new name. After serving 5 years, you can get a French citizenship with a clean criminal record.

So essentially, you'd become a French citizen with a clean criminal record and can do as you wish within France. If your country of origin allows for dual-citizenship, then you can keep both passports, if not, then you choose between your country of origin or France.

PMC (Private Military Companies) AKA mercenary groups, pay a very high salary in most cases. On average, you can be making 150K-200K for various international missions, most commonly now in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other messy hot zones around the world.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »