Author Topic: Quoth The Raven.  (Read 8807 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Quoth The Raven.
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »
Yep, sure did.

you would've told me no later than 2008 if you knew, especially after saying it 3 times that season

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »
you would've told me no later than 2008 if you knew, especially after saying it 3 times that season

E

So you say.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
Nevermore the III  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »
Never had much opinion on Baltimore either way.   Now, they're a bunch of pussies.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 06:30:52 AM »
Never had much opinion on Baltimore either way.   Now, they're a bunch of pussies.

How are they a bunch of pussies, exactly?

The Giants had the benefit of playing in a dogshit NFC East division last season in order to make the postseason. So I wouldn't puff out your chest too much. Just be glad we didn't play you in last year's Superbowl because the 2011 Ravens would've stomped a mudhole in your team's ass.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
How are they a bunch of pussies, exactly?

The Giants had the benefit of playing in a dogshit NFC East division last season in order to make the postseason. So I wouldn't puff out your chest too much. Just be glad we didn't play you in last year's Superbowl because the 2011 Ravens would've stomped a mudhole in your team's ass.

Lol, I was just bitching - working all weekend out of state and had to watch the lead slip away on my phone during meetings.  Saw the recap last night where the fumble recovery was ruled out of bounds and it just made it worse.

As for 2011 - a win's a win.   Can't take it away, no matter what the hypotheticals.   But, I will say that I thought the play at the end to Evans of the AFC east championship game at least warranted a review.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 07:43:54 AM »
@ Grape Ape, I know it means shit now, but last time the two teams played in the Superbowl, the Ravens D pitched a shut out.  And, I fully believe, had they met last year, that Baltimore would have another Superbowl.  This year, I see an exit in the divisional round.  I see them keeping the 4 seed, and playing Indy at home, then losing to the Texans.  I see, at this moment, unless Caldwell fires them up, that it will be NE or Denver in the big game this year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »
@ Grape Ape, I know it means shit now, but last time the two teams played in the Superbowl, the Ravens D pitched a shut out.  And, I fully believe, had they met last year, that Baltimore would have another Superbowl.  This year, I see an exit in the divisional round.  I see them keeping the 4 seed, and playing Indy at home, then losing to the Texans.  I see, at this moment, unless Caldwell fires them up, that it will be NE or Denver in the big game this year.

We'll never know.   ;D

I can see any one of the four teams listed above getting to the SB.  It's going to be a fun playoffs.

My Giants are no lock for anything at the moment.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 08:07:10 AM »
@ Grape Ape, I know it means shit now, but last time the two teams played in the Superbowl, the Ravens D pitched a shut out.  And, I fully believe, had they met last year, that Baltimore would have another Superbowl.  This year, I see an exit in the divisional round.  I see them keeping the 4 seed, and playing Indy at home, then losing to the Texans.  I see, at this moment, unless Caldwell fires them up, that it will be NE or Denver in the big game this year.

Sadly....I'm agreeing with you. Just too many injuries to overcome this year, I think. Losing Webb is what really killed the defense.

Peyton Manning has always owned the Ravens. I'm hoping we can finally break the trend. If the Ravens lose against Denver, we'll be lucky to break 10 wins on the year. The Bengals are the last opponent on the schedule and we may be playing for the division title that day.

I'm usually a lot more optimistic about my team but blowing two fourth quarter leads back to back has really turned my stomach.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
Yeah, the Redskins game stunk for all of us.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
I think they will let Flacco walk this year. They fired Cam so they could see how Flacco would do with another OC, and if it wasn't the problem, they blow this thing up and rebuild.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »
I think they will let Flacco walk this year. They fired Cam so they could see how Flacco would do with another OC, and if it wasn't the problem, they blow this thing up and rebuild.

No way...Flacco is here to stay in Baltimore, like or not. He will be signed toa long term deal after the season. The guy has now lead his team to five straight playoff berths since coming into the league. You don't let that kind of overall production and body of work just walk out of town for nothing. By letting him walk you're basically blowing up the team and starting over. What's the alternative at QB? A rookie next season? Tyrod Taylor? Not happening in Baltimore.

Flacco is no Tom Brady but then again...who is? There are only a handful of 'elite' QB's in the NFL. Flacco is not one of them. He's slightly better than average, IMO. He just lacks intangibles, mainly pocket awareness. And he holds onto the ball way too long. That pick 6 he threw before haltime was a game-changing play and it wiped out any momentum the Ravens had getting back into the game.

Flacco is the QB at least for the next 3 years.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »
No way...Flacco is here to stay in Baltimore, like or not. He will be signed toa long term deal after the season. The guy has now lead his team to five straight playoff berths since coming into the league. You don't let that kind of overall production and body of work just walk out of town for nothing. By letting him walk you're basically blowing up the team and starting over. What's the alternative at QB? A rookie next season? Tyrod Taylor? Not happening in Baltimore.

Flacco is no Tom Brady but then again...who is? There are only a handful of 'elite' QB's in the NFL. Flacco is not one of them. He's slightly better than average, IMO. He just lacks intangibles, mainly pocket awareness. And he holds onto the ball way too long. That pick 6 he threw before haltime was a game-changing play and it wiped out any momentum the Ravens had getting back into the game.

Flacco is the QB at least for the next 3 years.

Fuck, a homer who is actually realistic in his assesment?  Kudos.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
Fuck, a homer who is actually realistic in his assesment?  Kudos.

makes it not fun right

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
makes it not fun right

Actually, most of the regulars on here are pretty realistic.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
I definitely am realistic. I'm not delusional about my team right now. I'm amazed the Ravens have even 9 wins with how poorly the defense has played most of this season. Injuries have really crippled their defense. Losing Webb, Lewis, Ellerbe, Suggs, and now Pollard. Suggs looks ready to be shut down for the season..he can't even straighten or extend his arm and has no explosion off of his achilles.  

Flacco has great physical talent, plenty of it. But he has no consistency since Jim Zorn was his QB coach in 2010. He had his best year. 25 TD's and only 10 INT's. 63 completion %. Fuck..bring Zorn back because Caldwell doesn't seem to be meshing well with Flacco.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »
Giants got pwnd.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 08:04:27 AM »
Giants got pwnd.

Besides my Ravens being a disapointment at times this year, the Giants have been and even bigger disapointment.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »
Besides my Ravens being a disapointment at times this year, the Giants have been and even bigger disapointment.

I had them at 9-7 pre season due to the ridiculous schedule.   I did NOT anticipate a team that would beat the living shit out of Green Bay, SF and NO, only to be absolutely putrid against teams they should beat.

Oh well.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
I had them at 9-7 pre season due to the ridiculous schedule.   I did NOT anticipate a team that would beat the living shit out of Green Bay, SF and NO, only to be absolutely putrid against teams they should beat.

Oh well.

So you feel that the Giants should've beaten the Ravens? Your pass defense has been awful all season. Flacco lit you guys up for over 300 yards and two TD's and he's not all that great a QB, to be honest. The Skins you should've beaten a few weeks back for sure.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »
So you feel that the Giants should've beaten the Ravens? Your pass defense has been awful all season. Flacco lit you guys up for over 300 yards and two TD's and he's not all that great a QB, to be honest. The Skins you should've beaten a few weeks back for sure.

I didn't point out the Ravens game.  Games like Baltimore/Cinci/Atlanta were games where they just flat out got beat.  I'm talking about games against Washington/Philly/Pittsburgh, etc.   One win there and they're in the playoffs with a chance.
Y