Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 24438 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Presidential Debates
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
My two cents on the VP debate:

Overall, neither one performed exceptionally well.  Biden was an absolute punk.  One of the most unprofessional displays I have ever seen in a debate of that magnitude.  He really was trying too hard.  

When you get past the laughing, smirking, and interrupting, we were left with blatant dishonesty by Biden.  He voted against both wars?  Libya personnel didn't ask for security?  The State Department gave them bad intel?  Only millionaires will pay higher taxes under Obama?  All of our troops are leaving Afghanistan in 2014?

Ryan was a little shaky at times, but he came across as more dignified, credible, and presidential than Biden.

Sure helped me understand why Democrats didn't want Biden as president.  The fact he is a heartbeat away from the presidency is scary.

"
The fact he is a heartbeat away from the presidency is scary.

This we can agree on

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
So the president showed he can walk and chew gum at the same time and was declared the "winner" of debate no. 2.  I didn't see anything good of substance from him, except for his comments during his closing remarks, which mentioned the 47 percent.  That was well done.  Other than that, he was pretty average.  And dishonest.

Romney was good (not great).  They both pretty much repeated their talking points. 

Did not like Candy Crowly at all.  She talked too much.  Completely undercuts the entire purpose of having a town hall debate.  The people are supposed to ask the questions.  She should have just stayed out of the way.  And her dishonesty about Libya was pretty bad.   

I hope Romney does a better job of addressing Libya in debate no. 3. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
Glad the debates are over. Not impressed at all with the president's performance yesterday. He was petty, defensive, and disrespectful. Sort of ironic that he would be so condescending to Romney when talking about the military when he has never worn the uniform.

And regarding Iraq, he is not being honest. He wanted to keep troops in Iraq, but couldn't agree on the amount of troops that would stay there. Because they couldn't agree, Iraq asked us to leave. We were in Iraq at the Iraqi government's invitation. So, to criticize Romney for saying we should have troops in Iraq, when that is precisely what the president tried (but failed) to do, is pretty disingenuous.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2012, 03:03:46 AM »
Glad the debates are over. Not impressed at all with the president's performance yesterday. He was petty, defensive, and disrespectful. Sort of ironic that he would be so condescending to Romney when talking about the military when he has never worn the uniform.

And regarding Iraq, he is not being honest. He wanted to keep troops in Iraq, but couldn't agree on the amount of troops that would stay there. Because they couldn't agree, Iraq asked us to leave. We were in Iraq at the Iraqi government's invitation. So, to criticize Romney for saying we should have troops in Iraq, when that is precisely what the president tried (but failed) to do, is pretty disingenuous.

So petty, defensive, and disrespectful is worse than lying?
Sometimes i think you are posting while sitting drinking your tea with your grandmom discussing how to behave.
I bet someone could rape you as long as they asked nicely in a polite tone first. You are weird man..

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:47 AM »
I don't think we should be arguing about presidential diabetes, much less making jokes.
G