Author Topic: Do you give money to the homeless?  (Read 5612 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Do you give money to the homeless?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »
Yes .
My wife's father passed and left her some money , we took a month vacation  (Europe and SouthAmerica ) and we spent about  $4000  helping poor people .  Broke before 40.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
Yes .
My wife's father passed and left her some money , we took a month vacation  (Europe and SouthAmerica ) and we spent about  $4000  helping poor people .  Broke before 40.

sounds like a great trip  :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »
sounds like a great trip  :)

Yes, it was

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

Yes, I have an sponsered kid in india (no pedo). But I also give to bums on the street. It's embarrassing that the us gives billions to fucknozzle countries like Libya and Afghanistan while Americans are hungry
X3

I sponsor a little negro child in Ghana for $35/month (no pedo.) I'm a softy for kids (no Sandusky.) His name is Ndagijimana and he shares a striking resemblance to Wiggs (no racist).

True story.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
No, you earn money by providing a service.  Standing with your hand out provides nothing to society.  Better for you to commit sepukku or learn to live in the forest.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
Yes, conditionally.

If they are provable war veterans or have a bad illness I always give them a little something.

You have time to stop and engage in a verification process? Just how does such a person prove that they are a veteran? Why are those who rampaged across Southeast Asia and assisted in the killing of hundreds of thousands in that region -- for no perceptible benefit to American security -- more deserving of your money than, say, persons who was on the cusp of poverty, lacked insurance, and lost their home in a fire?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
no

i'm greedy... honestly, that's it

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
You have time to stop and engage in a verification process? Just how does such a person prove that they are a veteran? Why are those who rampaged across Southeast Asia and assisted in the killing of hundreds of thousands in that region -- for no perceptible benefit to American security -- more deserving of your money than, say, persons who was on the cusp of poverty, lacked insurance, and lost their home in a fire?

Over the years, I've made small talk with some while getting coffee, waiting for trains, etc..... they'll mention VA appointments, show VA ID, mention various engagements, etc..... if I talk to to them a couple of times, and they seem legit they can have my change every once and a while. I also look at the general condition of a person, if they've lost limbs, sight, or are in general poor health, they, too, can have my change if they want it ex-service or not.

WWII, Korea, etc..... are not legitimate? I've known lots of poor vets from those Wars that have asked for help at certain times. And I quite frankly, don't care what they've done, most were young and doing what they thought was right in service of our country, and for that I give them a tad more respect.

As for people that are homeless due to fire, etc.......   No, I have sympathy for them, and if one was to pass the hat for a person in that circumstance, I'd offer something, but in my experience people like that generally aren't homeless too long, unless there is some other issue going on.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 04:27:07 AM »
When im not at home and im in a hurry and eat from fast food I sometimes give out the fries or the bread to the first homeless person I come across. Never money..

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 04:36:35 AM »
It depends..young and able-bodied?  No.  Older bum looking, obviously no hope of ever being self sufficient? yes.  An exception will be made if the younger person has a really good gimmick or routine...I'll always pay for quality entertainment.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 04:42:14 AM »
we practically dont have beggars on the streets in holland, and we have enough facilities for these people that they dont have to be on the street and sleep in a warm environment. we dont let them starve on the street.
and i fucking dont trust these romanians, i saw them enough in brussels , dirty people, when ur eating they come to you with their little "hungry" child and begging for money or walking through the train crying they need money for an operation.
at the end of the day pappa drives by with the big mercedes and cashes all they earned that day.
dirty people.

if only i knew they really needed money to eat something im more than willing to give some.

whitewidow

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 04:51:59 AM »
I offered Pellius some hand me down shoes and clothes :-\
pellius sports the 80's style reeboks with the strap up top-lol. Never has a shirt and always wears the same shorts. homeboy is broke! HGH addiction took all his money!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »
That depends on whether your mom has found accomodation since we last met.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »
That depends on whether your mom has found accomodation since we last met.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 05:43:28 AM »
Why or why not? Not judging just would like to know your answers.

I have given money and also  once took a homeless person in for a few weeks.

Having said that I despise lazy welfare maggots.

the trainer

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 05:47:49 AM »
Why or why not? Not judging just would like to know your answers.

No go get a job and learn to pay rent.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »
and also  once took a homeless person in for a few weeks.

i need a vacation..

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
Yes.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
No, you earn money by providing a service.  Standing with your hand out provides nothing to society.  Better for you to commit sepukku or learn to live in the forest.
This is very true.. The bums who make me something or entertain deserve a few bucks... the others can go fuck themselves

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 06:44:17 AM »
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
I used to see this guy every morning at an intersection begging for money.  I went to the nearby bank and heard people talking.  They say the guy comes in about 3-4 times a day to make deposits into his account.  You figure the guy may make a few hundred or more in a day, that adds up over the year.

True story:
I saw this semi-attractive blonde asking for money.  I gave her $20 for a blow job.  Doing my civic duty.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »
I used to see this guy every morning at an intersection begging for money.  I went to the nearby bank and heard people talking.  They say the guy comes in about 3-4 times a day to make deposits into his account.  You figure the guy may make a few hundred or more in a day, that adds up over the year.

True story:
I saw this semi-attractive blonde asking for money.  I gave her $20 for a blow job.  Doing my civic duty.

$10 an inch is a good rate

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
$10 an inch is a good rate

Fuck you, it was $10 a centimeter  :P

Purge_WTF

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
 I give 10% of my income (tithe) to help needy Jews, because the Bible says that God blesses those who bless them.

www.ifcj.com

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
I offer to take them to AA meetings, never get bothered twice.
time under tension