Author Topic: Western PA gun owner shoots 7yo son  (Read 2062 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Western PA gun owner shoots 7yo son
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »

http://www.fox28.com/story/20295161/officials-boy-7-shot-to-death-at-pa-gun-store

Sad as shit, but maybe this dad should have clung more to his son than to his gun.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Western PA gun owner shoots 7yo son
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
http://www.fox28.com/story/20295161/officials-boy-7-shot-to-death-at-pa-gun-store

Sad as shit, but maybe this dad should have clung more to his son than to his gun.

Sad, it has to the guns fault. Why you titled the thread like that is beyond me.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
Sad, it has to the guns fault. Why you titled the thread like that is beyond me.

It's the guy's fault.  I don't know how you can argue gun's fault.

The title identifies who, where, and what. 

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
I am from Western PA. Mercer is about 45 minutes away from me, and is pretty much just a bunch of trailer trash.. The whole side of PA is pretty much redneck white trash. We have  A TON of hunters. This doesn't surprise me. I fucking hate it here.

RIP to the 7 year old.

I support guns and hunting btw, just not the trash that both bring.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
He will be haunted by this for life.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
It's the guy's fault.  I don't know how you can argue gun's fault.

The title identifies who, where, and what. 
I'm not. You could have titled it a little different. It's like Bob Costas started the thread.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:17:04 PM »
Some people should not own guns.  Irresponsible gun ownership gives all gun owners a bad name.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »

I hope so.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
I'm not. You could have titled it a little different. It's like Bob Costas started the thread.

Fuck Bob Costas.

I jumped the gun by violating the 24-hour rule.  I'll take the 'shitbag' label for that one, but wasn't going to be on tomorrow and didn't want someone else to beat me to it.  

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
He shot his own kid in the chest with a 9mm because he didn't think the gun was loaded? Is he retarded?  What an asshole.

Here's the filthy fat stupid fuck. He was probably drunk on bacon grease.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »
i've had guns on my kitchen table since before I could walk, and I haven't taken a shit or bought a burger without a 40 caliber in 15 years.

NEVER have I EVER not known if the gun was chambered.  NEVER have I shown a lack of trigger discipline.  NEVER.   Period.

I support testing out the ass to get a permit.. a lot of hillbillies ready to open up on the first dude with sagging pants, packing guns they can't control with no grasp of safety or the law.   It's laughable, the low level of permit training that is required, to be honest.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »

No shit. Sad as hell

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
i've had guns on my kitchen table since before I could walk, and I haven't taken a shit or bought a burger without a 40 caliber in 15 years.

NEVER have I EVER not known if the gun was chambered.  NEVER have I shown a lack of trigger discipline.  NEVER.   Period.

I support testing out the ass to get a permit.. a lot of hillbillies ready to open up on the first dude with sagging pants, packing guns they can't control with no grasp of safety or the law.   It's laughable, the low level of permit training that is required, to be honest.
Yes it about protection, against hillbillies and thugs. But as you say trigger discipline you have to have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
Yes it about protection, against hillbillies and thugs. But as you say trigger discipline you have to have.

To this day, I still fear my gun every time I pick it up.  it's not a set of keys or a wallet - it's a life-changing tool the moment you stop respecting its power.

It's like when you're speaking to a crowd and you measure every word BEFORE you speak, while with your friends you just blurt shit out.
When that gun is present, you think thru every action before doing it.  You don't just grab shit, you don't just rack it or empty it.  You PAUSE and think shit thru.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
He shot his own kid in the chest with a 9mm because he didn't think the gun was loaded? Is he retarded?  What an asshole.

Here's the filthy fat stupid fuck. He was probably drunk on bacon grease.
Like I said.. white fucking trash.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
To this day, I still fear my gun every time I pick it up.  it's not a set of keys or a wallet - it's a life-changing tool the moment you stop respecting its power.

It's like when you're speaking to a crowd and you measure every word BEFORE you speak, while with your friends you just blurt shit out.
When that gun is present, you think thru every action before doing it.  You don't just grab shit, you don't just rack it or empty it.  You PAUSE and think shit thru.
Exactly, you gotta think if you got a gun cause if you make a wrong move you go to to prison but same time this world is crime so I had rather think than get taken down by a thug.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »

YES!  The same as working inside an electric panel. 

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
Was his hand actually on the trigger, is that how it fired? He pulled the trigger randomly, not thinking there'd be a bullet in it? Or did it just go off in an unexpected manner without any touch to the trigger?

Either way, in this case, he was negligent to not realize there was a bullet in the gun, ESPECIALLY if he (accidentally?) pulled the trigger while the gun was aimed at his son.

Guns don't kill people... people kill people by using guns.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »
modern guns dont just go off, you must pull the trigger (accidentally or purposefully). period.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
modern guns dont just go off, you must pull the trigger (accidentally or purposefully). period.

That's the way I see this as well.  Either way, the dad must be removed from the gene pool.