Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 21, 2014, 12:40:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone tried Mark Bell's Slingshot?  (Read 856 times)
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« on: October 25, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »

Thinking of picking one up to help overload my chest once a month. If you have no clue what I am talking about just google it or watch the video on YouTube.
Report to moderator   Logged
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »

go for it. never tried it but do you think as he says you can bench 10-20% more? keep us informed of your results, interesting.
jpm101
Getbig IV

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »

Interesting, for $50 buck might be worth the investment. Good feature is that you just slide them on (need powder?) and easy to take with you. Probably would have to include some dead stops  (starts off the chest...without the slingshot) to keep full strength balance. I had to look the slingshot up, new to me.  

Guy's have used  bumper plates, when doing floor presses, for that super rebound affect. Or even wooden planks, for rebounds.
Bumper plates are exceptional for DL's and cleans also. As are the old style Hooper DL's, which no one seems to know about these days. Any of these versions; slingshots, bumper plates or Hooper's greatly help with using weight well beyond the normal abilities. Or what they may thing is normal.  Truth is, no one really knows are strong they really are, until tested.

Don't know if Donny posted this in the PL'ing/Strongman thread, might get some better answers there.  Good luck.

F
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »

Thinking of picking one up to help overload my chest once a month. If you have no clue what I am talking about just google it or watch the video on YouTube.

I presume these serve the same or similar purpose of bands and chains.

It appears to give you more assistance at the bottom of the movement, with decreasingly less assist towards the top - the idea being that the device provides adjusting resistance, thus offering maximum workload on the stronger and weaker parts of your ROM.

Yev33
Getbig III

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

it's more like a bench shirt than anything else

definetely helps at the bottom of the press

I have used it once but didn't see it's purpose in my training. Now if I was competing in geared powerlifting meets that would be a different story.

WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

good points... i'm thinking it would be fun to try during an extra set (after my last heavy set) to over-exhaust the muscle... apparently no powder is required... slides on/off easy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!