Author Topic: I went 12 months without training guys... but I lost hardly any progress..  (Read 5665 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
I decided to make this post because It's funny to see the getbiggers who are shit scared of missing a single workout, if you are natural you can go months between training and lose hardly anything unlike the pros who lose almost everything in 3 months of no juice.

Natural gains take fucking ages to go away, my bicep strength has hardly faltered despite not doing any weightlifting for 12 months+ I can still curl 50lbs dumbells with good form for 8 reps. I did lose 10kgs off my bench press which brings me down to twink level of 90kgsx8 again but considering when I first started lifting weights I was only doing 50kgx8 I still have not lost that much.

Im back on track now trying to fill up the green t-shirt.
 :-X

In before coolstorybro & you had nothing to lose anyway.  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
So you're saying for strength? I find that hard to believe, I miss a couple weeks and 455 feels like a ton to squat.

What about your size difference over the year?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
the weights he's mentioned are hardly earth shattering...

the first time i ever bench pressed (age 14) I could push 205 for 2 reps...

within a few week i could push 2 plates for 4...

if i stop training for a few weeks i lose the ability to press 3 plates for sets today... takes a few weeks to recover...

everything is relative

if i gave up lifting forever and waited until i was 70 to try again i bet i would lift what the OP is so proud of having lifted

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
Great. I'll only train once every 12 months for best results.

xoxo

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Great. I'll only train once every 12 months for best results.

xoxo

;D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
So you're saying for strength? I find that hard to believe, I miss a couple weeks and 455 feels like a ton to squat.

What about your size difference over the year?
::)
G

chaos

• Getbig V
Come on! Where's you guys sense of humor?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Oh. Ok.

In that case - haha.

G

chaos

• Getbig V
::)
Wait a sec....was that roll eye for my 455 squat? Lol! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
I noticed, a very long time ago, that guy's who worked for volume/pump did lose noticeable size/tone (tightness for a better term), ever as little as 2 or 3 weeks away from training. Guy's who juiced, a little more and faster...almost liking letting air out of a balloon.

Easy gainers tend to keep most of their muscle mass, but if only on the volume/pump protocol, do lose a bit of size, but still bigger than normal. Easy gainers, and about everyone else, kept most of their gains when training heavier and not so concerned with getting a pump. Preferring to train heavier may have many advantages when lifting and keeping what you worked so hard for. Including strength levels. Genetic disposition, after all, controls us all.

My ethnic/race background seems to produce easier muscle gains and strength. So there is somewhat of an advantage when training, being stronger/bigger than the normal population, before even starting to train with serious intent (or not so serous intent). . .Even the women seem stronger and athletic.   Really the luck of the draw when being born, i guess.   Good Luck.

F

Method101

• Getbig V
Re: I went 12 months without training guys... but I lost hardly any progress..
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
In terms of size loss I have noticed it in my chest the most but the strength/muscle that I have lost could be made back in 3 months even though it took over 12 months to lose it. I think the harder it is for you to build a muscle the quicker it goes away when you stop training it, the parts which seem to come easier stay for longer.

:-\

If you look at some old men who did alot of manual labour/training through their lives they tend to stay stocky even after they retire, it just takes ages for muscle/strength to go away if you are eating normally.

This is the total opposite of long distance running, I used to be able to run half marathons but in a few months of not training I went back to it and was knackered after a 30 minute light jog.

Edit: Woo I just read that you bench pressed 225lbsx4 after "a few weeks of training" and I have to say BULLSHIT. It took me nearly a year to be able to do 225lbsx1 and when I first started I could just about do 135lbsx3.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 03:10:25 AM »
Hmmm not sure i believe this. I can not train for a few weeks and ill pretty much still look the same , but its guaranteed that my top lifts for going to failure will lose at least 1 or 2 reps.
Same with cardio and flexibility, im a kickboxer and if for some reason im not stretching a couple times per week at least, its guaranteed that my flexibility decreases quickly.
Same with stamina, so im not overly convinced the TS is actually training that hard then cos max training would definetley suffer with a month of not training, nevermind a year ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:03:58 AM »

Edit: Woo I just read that you bench pressed 225lbsx4 after "a few weeks of training" and I have to say BULLSHIT. It took me nearly a year to be able to do 225lbsx1 and when I first started I could just about do 135lbsx3.

believe what you want... i was 5'11" and weighed 180lbs at 14 years of age

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 05:08:57 AM »

believe what you want... i was 5'11" and weighed 180lbs at 14 years of age

It's not unheard of.
I had a friend in high school who was on the football team. He was benching two plates his freshman year. He wasn't muscular, but he was one of those naturally big and strong kids - built when meat was cheap.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
I decided to make this post because It's funny to see the getbiggers who are shit scared of missing a single workout, if you are natural you can go months between training and lose hardly anything unlike the pros who lose almost everything in 3 months of no juice.

Natural gains take fucking ages to go away, my bicep strength has hardly faltered despite not doing any weightlifting for 12 months+ I can still curl 50lbs dumbells with good form for 8 reps. I did lose 10kgs off my bench press which brings me down to twink level of 90kgsx8 again but considering when I first started lifting weights I was only doing 50kgx8 I still have not lost that much.

Im back on track now trying to fill up the green t-shirt.
 :-X

In before coolstorybro & you had nothing to lose anyway.  ;D

pics or it never happened!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 04:18:13 AM »
You're not losing what's already been "in" you.
Everything that was trained onto you goes quickly when idle - see Chaos who's methodically pushing himself towards strength that's above his capacity... this peak shrivels fast.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »
You're not losing what's already been "in" you.
Everything that was trained onto you goes quickly when idle - see Chaos who's methodically pushing himself towards strength that's above his capacity... this peak shrivels fast.
The peak strength may drop but the strength gained will still be far above most untrained people.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
The peak strength may drop but the strength gained will still be far above most untrained people.

No doubt you're overall very strong, even for someone who seriously trains.
I wanted to point out that the highest overdrive mode relative to your base is the one that flattens out pretty fast.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
I wanted to point out that the highest overdrive mode relative to your base is the one that flattens out pretty fast.

i think this is a valid point... i find that even after 2-3 weeks off i lose a few reps at 3 plates

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Absolutely.  The most I've ever missed was two weeks but within two weeks back I was right back were I left off so ashort break can be overcome pretty quickly imo.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
In terms of size loss I have noticed it in my chest the most but the strength/muscle that I have lost could be made back in 3 months even though it took over 12 months to lose it. I think the harder it is for you to build a muscle the quicker it goes away when you stop training it, the parts which seem to come easier stay for longer.

:-\

If you look at some old men who did alot of manual labour/training through their lives they tend to stay stocky even after they retire, it just takes ages for muscle/strength to go away if you are eating normally.

This is the total opposite of long distance running, I used to be able to run half marathons but in a few months of not training I went back to it and was knackered after a 30 minute light jog.

it's possible some are just blessed.when i was 8 i pressed a 70 lb barbell. and didn't touch a weight again till ninth grade at which time i pressed 145 lbs which was all the weight at the time.don't consider that anything special.
F