Author Topic: Ziggler Champ??  (Read 3705 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Ziggler Champ??
« on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:45 AM »
So what is the hold up? Guy wins his briefcase and has had more Losses than Wins since then.

It is too close to Wrestlemania to have him in cash it in and main event.

If I was booker...Hell in a Cell, Punk beats Ryback with Brass knuckles or something shady, thus keeping Ryback still a force, Ziggler comes in out of no where, cashes in,wins and is now a huge face.

Ryback and Punk go on to feud without the belt at risk and Ziggler is now a new face.....

Thoughts??

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ziggler Champ??
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
So what is the hold up? Guy wins his briefcase and has had more Losses than Wins since then.

If I was booker...Hell in a Cell, Punk beats Ryback with Brass knuckles or something shady, thus keeping Ryback still a force, Ziggler comes in out of no where, cashes in,wins and is now a huge face.

Ryback and Punk go on to feud without the belt at risk and Ziggler is now a new face.....

Thoughts??
they'll probably involve brock lesnar in the angle at hell in a cell. probably attacks ryback and getting cm punk dq'd.
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »

Thoughts??

Ziggler is the SMACKDOWN Money-In-The-Bank winner. He can't cash it on the WWE Champion, only the World Champion.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
There's the Main event belt and then there's all others. As much as I like Ziggler he's never gonna be the main event guy. If Ryback wins the belt it's only so he can loose it straight to Cena. They can put over Ziggler the same way they did with D Bryan by using Show and Henry. Sheamus fills in for Henry for this one though.. 

The main event belt is whatever World title is on RAW. Remember how the World Heavyweight title was THE "richest prize in the industry" when Triple H had it? Even when Batista beat Helmsley for it, Batista was considered to be THE MAN.

Then, when WWE did the draft and moved Batista (and the world title) to Smackdown and Cena (with the WWE title) to RAW, CENA and his belt became top drawer.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »
I've always disliked this whole system.
There should only be ONE F'ng world title, and it should NOT change hands more than 20 times per year.

I know that times, audiences, and the product all change, but not all changes are good.
Vince hasn't had his finger on the pulse for some time now, and many long-time fans are fed up with today's programming.
Yes, he still draws crowds, but even if another Bruno, Hogan, Austin, etc. comes along, I think the WWE's glory days are behind it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
I've always disliked this whole system.
There should only be ONE F'ng world title, and it should NOT change hands more than 20 times per year.

I know that times, audiences, and the product all change, but not all changes are good.
Vince hasn't had his finger on the pulse for some time now, and many long-time fans are fed up with today's programming.
Yes, he still draws crowds, but even if another Bruno, Hogan, Austin, etc. comes along, I think the WWE's glory days are behind it.

I guess they felt back in 2002 that the roster was so big, with so many guys from WCW that they effectively had two wrestling organizations; hence they could justify two world titles.

So, they split the undisputed title back up, after Lesnar beat Rock at SummerSlam.

What I don't get is that the unified the tag titles and the Women's/Divas' title. If they're going to do that, why not do so with the WWE and World titles, especially with the boundaries of Raw and Smackdown basically gone?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:53:20 AM »
Sheamus has had it since Mania and Punk is close to 365.

I haven't watched in a long time, but good...this is how they should be treating their titles.
Vince's belts have always "meant" something. It'd be better if he doesn't lose that.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »
I am all about lengthy title runs but Sheamus and Punk just don't do it for me. Punk is cramming his title reign down our throats...getting old.

But then again that is Vince....cram it down your throat

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:56 AM »
I am all about lengthy title runs but Sheamus and Punk just don't do it for me. Punk is cramming his title reign down our throats...getting old.

But then again that is Vince....cram it down your throat

Maybe there's an eventual heel plan in there. I always thought they may try something like that with Cena - kill the audience with kindness until they can't stand it, more boo him, and he turns on them. For whatever reason(s), they haven't done this...yet. Perhaps they feel they'd lose too much in merchandise sales. Who knows?

Another point to consider about Sheamus' push is that he is supposedly good buddies with Hunter, which carries a good bit of weight in the Fed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »
One side note:

Is Cena still playing the "controversial superstar" angle in which he gets booed and cheered by the same crowd? I know he was still getting mixed reactions as recently as his big Mania program with Rock.

I made an observation the other night while searching through old Sabu footage and came across his match with Cena at ONS. Okay, that was what, 2005-ish? During commentary, J.R. referenced Cena as "the controversial superstar" as he received his usual mixed reaction. This night, the phenomenon was particularly strong, as it was a predominantly ECW audience at the show; this was the event where fans threatened: "If Cena wins, we riot." ::)

With regards to Cena's love/hate fanbase, how long will they play this out before taking it in a new direction? IMO, the last few years have given wonderful momentum for a Cena-turn, and I've often pictured him forming his own rebel fan-base, which would be different than the Attitude Era, in which certain heels became cool and were cheered.
This would be different and unique: it would be more like a demographic-specific thing where Cena may have the little kids, "young adult" women, and pre-teen girls cheering him, while everyone else (like adult and pre-teen males) boos him.

I still hope they'll try something like this. In my mind, they'll need to turn to something different eventually. As I mentioned above, he's been working the same love/hate angle for quite a while now.