Author Topic: Platz "Steroid Secrets of Pro Bodybuilders Revealed" VHS  (Read 56970 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Platz "Steroid Secrets of Pro Bodybuilders Revealed" VHS
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2009, 03:53:36 AM »

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
Was this video up at youtube at one time?
Would be curious to see that.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »

Necro, but for those who haven't watched this, do so before they remove it.  The full five hours is here.  It's funny how obvious it is who the 'secret pros' are.  At the time it was released, I bet this would have done a lot of good towards informing younger guys just what it's all about.  I don't even care about this stuff anymore, and after watching this, realized why pros don't want to talk: it's fucking boring :D 

Anyways, enjoy if you haven't watched.  I really thought what Ronnie, Cormier and Mike had to say.  And Lee.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
paul dillette in there too
"

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »
So Ronnie saying he was on gear for just 12 weeks out of the year?
C'mon.
?

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2016, 12:35:52 AM »
Ronnie's is the hardest to make sense out of, even with Tom asking the right questions.  That was one of the original critiques of this video series...most watching thought these guys were still lying.  Considering the state of pro BBing when this was made, it was a pretty gutsy move for these guys.  Lots of big name players.  As far as dosages, I have no reason to question them, but this has gotta be the closest thing that you'll ever get to hearing these pros talk about drugs. 

The more I watched, the more I realised why pro BBing is in the shape it is now, even back then.  12 weeks of prep, doing two shows a year, you're on gear half the year.  Timing the shows and staying somewhat healthy by having a clean off cycle is almost impossible, hence the 'no off season' that some of these guys say. 

Why they'd tell the truth in one part but lie in another is a bit odd.  Listening to Ronnie, the detail he goes into what he did and when, you can just tell he's telling the truth. But he's not giving away potential secrets that would give away his edge.  I can't remember when this was made, but I don't think he was Mr O at the time. 

The common thread is to beware of insulin and diuretics.  Makes sense.  The rest of it, the details, are inconsequential.  The take away from this whole series should be "here's what you can expect if you decide to go pro".  Frankly, I can't see why anybody would go for that.  And looking at the current scene, you can see the answer: not many.  Listening to the details about the drugs, you just say to yourself, "no thanks". 

It's also interesting to see how much they disagree on things.  Interesting watch, on a bunch of levels.  I wish I could have watched it back then.  Tom Platz should be commended for this series.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »
Ronnie's is the hardest to make sense out of, even with Tom asking the right questions.  That was one of the original critiques of this video series...most watching thought these guys were still lying.  Considering the state of pro BBing when this was made, it was a pretty gutsy move for these guys.  Lots of big name players.  As far as dosages, I have no reason to question them, but this has gotta be the closest thing that you'll ever get to hearing these pros talk about drugs. 

The more I watched, the more I realised why pro BBing is in the shape it is now, even back then.  12 weeks of prep, doing two shows a year, you're on gear half the year.  Timing the shows and staying somewhat healthy by having a clean off cycle is almost impossible, hence the 'no off season' that some of these guys say. 

Why they'd tell the truth in one part but lie in another is a bit odd.  Listening to Ronnie, the detail he goes into what he did and when, you can just tell he's telling the truth. But he's not giving away potential secrets that would give away his edge.  I can't remember when this was made, but I don't think he was Mr O at the time. 

The common thread is to beware of insulin and diuretics.  Makes sense.  The rest of it, the details, are inconsequential.  The take away from this whole series should be "here's what you can expect if you decide to go pro".  Frankly, I can't see why anybody would go for that.  And looking at the current scene, you can see the answer: not many.  Listening to the details about the drugs, you just say to yourself, "no thanks". 

It's also interesting to see how much they disagree on things.  Interesting watch, on a bunch of levels.  I wish I could have watched it back then.  Tom Platz should be commended for this series.

what you need to keep in mind is platz starts off saying he's concerned about the way things are going and that he's seen a bunch of his colleagues die recently. There's also a common theme with the interviews which is "more is not better" dorian says the same thing.  that said, I don't know how ronnie can spend 15k on prep for 2cc's of gear a week...it's not computing... ???
"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »

Necro, but for those who haven't watched this, do so before they remove it.  The full five hours is here.  It's funny how obvious it is who the 'secret pros' are.  At the time it was released, I bet this would have done a lot of good towards informing younger guys just what it's all about.  I don't even care about this stuff anymore, and after watching this, realized why pros don't want to talk: it's fucking boring :D 

Anyways, enjoy if you haven't watched.  I really thought what Ronnie, Cormier and Mike had to say.  And Lee.

Aaron Baker was one.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2016, 11:08:49 AM »
Ronnie's info was confusing.  Remember the money was back in the late 90s, which is when I think this was made.  Maybe Growth was more expensive then, who knows.  Maybe he's including his food bill.  Who knows.

I think these are the guys: Ronnie, Aaron Baker, Chris Cormier, Matarazzo, Priest, Dillett.  That's quite the roster of people willing to talk.