Author Topic: Reebok Crossfit Oly Lifter shoes  (Read 5186 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Reebok Crossfit Oly Lifter shoes
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:57:12 AM »
Damn, might have to check these out
http://shop.reebok.com/us/N?searchTerm=Reebok+CrossFit+OLY+Lifter

An Reebok Pumps Triple Break---you adjust the amount of air in the heel
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/PTBM/PTBMReview.html

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Reebok Crossfit Oly Lifter shoes
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:24:49 AM »
Parker... anything that you wear that is is in any way or form linked to cross fitness will automatically reduce your test count by 100% - your man card will also be removed, permanently.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »
useless gimmicks  :-\

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
Crossfit is extremely homoerotic.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
Companies are making sneakers now aimed at people who do the tough mudders and warrior dash.

...I wonder if people will be stupid enough to spend $110.00 on sneakers that will be trashed after one race ???

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
useless gimmicks  :-\
You don't spend millions on usesless gimmicks.
Look at the Reebok Oly lifter shoes---the strap to hold in the midfoot. The front tread is smooth for forefoot grip, helping with the lifts. The rears are also flat, helping with such exercises as squats.

What is sad, is that this was designed for the Crossfit craze---when this is the exact shoe that could have been designed for Someone like Phil Heath. Sad really.

Now, the Reebok Pump Triple Break is a tennis shoe. And designed to give you varying degrees of support via the pump. Instead of having a air unit in the heel that doesn't change (Nike Airs), they give a unit that one can "tune" to their liking. Nike had "tuned" air at one time---well, this is true tuned air.
See this technology on a running shoe would be great.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »
I know a guy (one of those running mad marathon girls) that buys himself once a month new runners (at least 200 Euros or so) he is not married no kids and has a good job.
For him its not a waste of time since he thinks the shoe is loosing its spring after a month, for me its just another sign that I cannot wait for that big beautiful meteor to suckerpunch earth.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »
Parker... anything that you wear that is is in any way or form linked to cross fitness will automatically reduce your test count by 100% - your man card will also be removed, permanently.

I beg to differ.

Do you like WSM competitions?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
I know a guy (one of those running mad marathon girls) that buys himself once a month new runners (at least 200 Euros or so) he is not married no kids and has a good job.
For him its not a waste of time since he thinks the shoe is loosing its spring after a month, for me its just another sign that I cannot wait for that big beautiful meteor to suckerpunch earth.

I just dropped $900 bucks for a pair of caiman belly cowboy boots. I'll probably wear them 2 or 3 times a year. I'm not a cowboy and no self-respecting cowboy would wear boots like those anyhow... no meteor in sight.  ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »
You don't spend millions on usesless gimmicks.
Look at the Reebok Oly lifter shoes---the strap to hold in the midfoot. The front tread is smooth for forefoot grip, helping with the lifts. The rears are also flat, helping with such exercises as squats.

What is sad, is that this was designed for the Crossfit craze---when this is the exact shoe that could have been designed for Someone like Phil Heath. Sad really.

Now, the Reebok Pump Triple Break is a tennis shoe. And designed to give you varying degrees of support via the pump. Instead of having a air unit in the heel that doesn't change (Nike Airs), they give a unit that one can "tune" to their liking. Nike had "tuned" air at one time---well, this is true tuned air.
See this technology on a running shoe would be great.

just new gimmicks to keep punters interested/buying..

it's like the soap powders and the gillette razors. they can't accept that sometimes things just can't get any better no matter what

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »

it's like the soap powders and the gillette razors. they can't accept that sometimes things just can't get any better no matter what

I swear to god I have been using the same gillette razor for the last 6 month and I shave once per week.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »

Have you seen literally the research that Nike, Adidas, Reebok do and spend on how the foot moves when running? How we move when doing certain movements.
It's evolutionary---when you see for instance, the research  that Nike put into the Shox brand---going thru carbon fiber, developing new materials, it's like how car manufacturers develop new tech to use on cars...
And then they have to market it, and stylize it...I think you are getting that part confused with the actual tech part. Design and marketing have to be involved in order to sell the tech---to make it look cool, chic, or "sexy". The typical layman cares not about the technology, only that the shoes look "cool", and cost $120-150, and that they are the "first one to rock them", yet will only wear them a few times a yr, or only because they are "in" to wear.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
these shoes are ugly as sin, and parker i hope you don't believe the groundbreaking "research" nike, adidas, etc. do really improve your performance at all...  if anything, the real R&D effort is aimed at reducing costs.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
Have you seen literally the research that Nike, Adidas, Reebok do and spend on how the foot moves when running? How we move when doing certain movements.
It's evolutionary---when you see for instance, the research  that Nike put into the Shox brand---going thru carbon fiber, developing new materials, it's like how car manufacturers develop new tech to use on cars...
And then they have to market it, and stylize it...I think you are getting that part confused with the actual tech part. Design and marketing have to be involved in order to sell the tech---to make it look cool, chic, or "sexy". The typical layman cares not about the technology, only that the shoes look "cool", and cost $120-150, and that they are the "first one to rock them", yet will only wear them a few times a yr, or only because they are "in" to wear.

yes, and it's all very good. my point is there's only so much advancements they can make with running shoes, yet they always have to be seen to be making improvements otherwise they get left behind so they just keep bullshitting the suckers willing to part with their cash.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
these shoes are ugly as sin, and parker i hope you don't believe the groundbreaking "research" nike, adidas, etc. do really improve your performance at all...  if anything, the real R&D effort is aimed at reducing costs.
Reducing costs and charging more.

Nike pioneered using carbonfiber in shoes---it's lightweight, stronger than steel, and and be used as a spring.
The "sleeve" or boot design---first seen in their Aqua socks, then applied to running shoes and basketball shoes (Hauraches) helped reduce weight considerably, plus kept the foot locked in and with certain materials wicked away sweat. Now, will they make you run faster, or play basketball or dunk,  hell no! But they can help the person better perform...quicker steps---lighter shoes with more grip, and a more secure help with better times. Everything helps.
Fact is, most people who buy the shoes that Nike and company spend so much research on, will not be
hardcore athletes.

**Back in the day, I  always wished Jordan would go play ball in a pair of Prowings, just to prove that one could play in any shoe---now whether they'd last a game is one thing.  

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
I don't buy or buy into such grandiose foot wear. Overpriced and gimmicky for the most part and ugly as sin on top of that.
I loved the grey addidasss shoes of the 80ies - slick and comfty to wear.