Author Topic: Who was in denial and who wasn't?  (Read 1620 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Who was in denial and who wasn't?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
There are many news serivces, magazines, etc that are inaccurate ALL THE TIME but still remain wildly popular for their entertainment value.

Kind of like your posts.
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
I disagree.   There are many news serivces, magazines, etc that are inaccurate ALL THE TIME but still remain wildly popular for their entertainment value.

You know, nat'l enquirer, other tabolids, bat boy has baby with politician, etc... They're still at every checkout in america because they sell $$$$

Same with rassmussen.  A nice motivational security blanket to keep it close.  Be 80% right and keep the entire right-wing base happy, or be 98% right and they stop visiting the site.
Exactly.

This is nothing new either.  In 1898, the USS Maine had an explosion and the Newspapers, particularly William Randolph Hearsts publications, blamed it all on Spain to start the Spanish-American War.  It worked.  It was all a complete lie and war ensued.  A total lie that people, much later found out, yet it had no impact on Hearst`s credibility.  His papers grew and grew and grew and he continued to manufacture news on and on and on.

"Remember the Maine!"

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
In the aftermath of this election, considering all the predictions and admissions which posters do you think were in complete denial of Romney's chances and who were not?

YOU.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
YOU.

I wanted Romeny to win (lesser of 2 turds), but thought the election was a toss up.  In the end it was OB clearly winning.