Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event  (Read 38459 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event
« Reply #500 on: July 20, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »
not only that... but Gov brewer just loosened gun permit restrictions.  Criminals don't follow gun laws anyway, but this sure won't help things.

Brewers' fault 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #501 on: July 20, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
Were you a bag of shit for blaming palin for giffords? 

I did NOT.  Here ya go...

We gotta be careful not to jump to any conclusions.  She also did a lot to send national guard forces to the Mexican border.  So it could very well have been related to that, and not this 'hit list' which you mention that caused so much controversy.  Or it could be something else. 

Her poor husband is an astronaut - he is stuck in space right now.  Geez.

That was my first thought - she did a ton with pushing national guard into mexico and it could be nearing outright war with such an attack like this from a foreign gang.  Hopefully it has nothing to do with domestic politics - it'll only make things uglier here. 

Straw agreed back there that I blamed nobody but the shooter:
I haven't seen 240 blame anyone other than the shooter

Here I actually defended Palin
Regardless, nobody is blaming her.  She delivered a VERY tasteless image which is the ONLY known connection to this poor congresswoman and gun violence.  But it may not be relevant.

I never actually even brought up palin:
Read page 1.  NEURO brought up palin, dude.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Good.

Loughner sentenced to life in prison without parole

Editor's note: Jared Loughner, the Arizona man who pleaded guilty to the January 2011 attempted assassination of then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole. The shooting at a meet-and-greet in Tuscon killed six people and wounded 13 others, including Giffords. We'll provide you with the latest details from inside and outside the courthouse as well as reaction when it comes in.

[Updated at 2:16 p.m.] Judge Larry Burns has sentenced Loughner to seven consecutive life terms in prison, plus 140 years, without the possibility of parole.

Burns said six of the life sentences represent the six slain victims, and one represents the attempted assassination of Giffords.

"Each of those victims was important," Burns said. "It reflects each of those individual lives. There is a symbolic nature in this."

"He should never get out of prison. I find this is just punishment. He will never have the opportunity to pick up a gun and do this again," Burns said.

. . . .

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/08/victims-enter-court-for-giffords-shooter-sentencing/?hpt=hp_t1