Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:37:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tennessee atheists win right to distribute literature after schools give Bibles  (Read 1823 times)
loco
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: Today at 09:50:58 AM »

why do you keep repeating the same thing as if it some how supports the claim which you've already admitted was wrong

you need to learn when to fold

who gives a shit is Christians are only 1/3 of the population?

why don't you bump my post from 2007 again so that I can comment again on how some neuroscientists are starting to consider the fundamentalist mindset as a treatable mental illness

then you can pretend that you didn't see any of that....again... and ask me the same questions all over again

If the following is still your personal belief...

Besides, my personal belief is anyone who holds a fundamentalist belief in any religion is mentally ill (for real) which again makes for a pointless discussion

...then why are you still having a discussion with me if you believe that I have a mental illness and that having a discussion with me is pointless?  You seem just as mentally ill as you believe all theists are.

How do you know that your sources are 100% accurate?  Why do you keep avoiding my questions?
Report to moderator   Logged
Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Today at 01:19:22 PM »

If the following is still your personal belief...

...then why are you still having a discussion with me if you believe that I have a mental illness and that having a discussion with me is pointless?  You seem just as mentally ill as you believe all theists are.

How do you know that your sources are 100% accurate?  Why do you keep avoiding my questions?

That's the first good point you've made in this thread

Let's do a quick review

This thread was about a group of atheist being able to leave literature in a school where Gideons were also leaving bibles

By the 2nd page the consensus was pretty much that neither group should be doing anything at a public school

The thread rambled on for a couple of more pages of the usual diversion that happens on this board and then you made the absurd claim that "the world population is mostly christian".   When challenged on this you provided a link to CIA Factbook claiming that Christians were 33% of the population
You actually provided proof that your own claim was not correct

after many back and forths with me trying to explain elementary school math you finally conceded that your statement that world population was mostly christian was probably incorrect

Again, I simply pointed out that there was no probably about it.

Then you decided to use the angle of suggesting that the data is wrong (including the data that you provided) as if that somehow helps support your original point

To the question you asked about how do I know whether the data is 100% correct the obvious answer is that it's most certainly not 100% correct.    How could it be.
Do you think we have the ability to even count the world population down to the person much less categorize them by religion?

You seem to think if we can't do that then somehow your original claim gains support by this lack of 100% accuracy.   Ignoring of course the many many different estimates that put Christian at ~ 30% give or take a few points.   Even just a simple population count of Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist countries would show that the world is not mostly Christian

So back to my claim of 7 years ago that the fundie mingsight is akin to mental illness and therefor trying to have conversation with such a person is usually pointless....well I think that has been well documented in this thread

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!