Author Topic: Predict the debt in 2016  (Read 8455 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Predict the debt in 2016
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 04:45:38 AM »
Congress + Obama are both increasing the debt in a huge way.  The way both parties are trying to sneak this bill through, ugh.
I know bro, when it was just the dems you couldn't give a shit and now that the reps are in on it you are outraged.

I know bro, I know....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 06:58:42 AM »
I know bro, when it was just the dems you couldn't give a shit and now that the reps are in on it you are outraged.

I know bro, I know....

look man, until you get on the birther bandwagon, I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

if you can look at the MOUNTAIN of evidence that obama wasn't born here - and you still back him legitimacy - well, I don't know what to say.  I was shocked to hear you say you weren't a birhther

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 07:03:46 AM »
I believe it was 8 but either way its splitting hairs, he has added a mountain of debt either way.

"He" has not added a mountain of debt....a lot of that debt was the legacy of two unfunded wars. a huge tax cut from Bush that we really didn't need, and Bush's drug prescription plan which was admirable but cost a lot of money....add on to that the the Great Recession cost us millions of jobs thus reducing the tax base substantially and thats where the bulk of the debt came from......not from Obama spending wildly as you are implying......

DESTROYED AGAIN 8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
I don't trust anyone in DC, but I do think with his business background he would have done things differently.  Many people in the private sector just think differently than government employees.

This is actually a huge myth...the old "let a businessman run government because he would make it more efficient" way of thinking NEVER happens in the real world of politics where there has to be compromise.....and you can't just order things to be the way you want them to.....besides....almost all presidents have had or ran businesses before they were president......and definitely those in the presidents inner circle are people who have extensive experience in the business world

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 07:29:46 AM »
I don't trust anyone in DC, but I do think with his business background he would have done things differently.  Many people in the private sector just think differently than government employees.

Bush2 and Hoover were the two "business background" presidents.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Bush2 and Hoover were the two "business background" presidents.   

Bush 1 as well....ran Texaco I think...Jimmy Carter......millionare farmer

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 08:02:23 AM »
Unfortunately, the world economy runs on debt.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
The debt is manageable right now - though way higher than it should be and getting dangerously huge - with total unfunded liabilities figured in it's probably upwards of 75 trillion or higher

It's like a mortgage - if you make 60 k a year and keep spending reigned in you can afford say a 150 k home because you pay on it over time, the problem is that when the interest equals the principal borrowed you can't pay it off - we are heading there

As the debt gets bigger we have to take more money from other areas to cover the interest payments - so less $ for education, infrastructure etc... and eventually with all the leeches living off the system it will implode

Capitalism can be a great thing, but must be handled with care or it can be a train wreck

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »
"He" has not added a mountain of debt....a lot of that debt was the legacy of two unfunded wars. a huge tax cut from Bush that we really didn't need, and Bush's drug prescription plan which was admirable but cost a lot of money....add on to that the the Great Recession cost us millions of jobs thus reducing the tax base substantially and thats where the bulk of the debt came from......not from Obama spending wildly as you are implying......

DESTROYED AGAIN 8)
so the next president can blame Obama for his explosion on govt spending then?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
so the next president can blame Obama for his explosion on govt spending then?

they always do, don't they? :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 04:24:20 PM »
they always do, don't they? :)
you know it, I dont think obama has taken responsibility for any spending yet.