Author Topic: Can we get an honest discussion about training naturally in your 30's  (Read 5404 times)

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Can we get an honest discussion about training naturally in your 30's
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »
same, infact i feel better than ever.
I'm 32 and feel the same as when I was 22, maybe you have a glandular disorder.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Can we get an honest discussion about training naturally in your 30's
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
What i notice now is that doing lighter weights for higher reps doesn't equal in the same amount of calories burnt when compared to heavy training.  I believe now more so than before that to stay as lean as possible, you have to train as heavy as possible - obviously not going for singles and doubles or sacrificing form.  I'm a six to nine type of guy. 

I find the problem with my diet to be that of inconsistency more so than eating too much.  what happens is that i know i can't eat 3.5hrs later so i end up eating too much at one seating.  That's what causes the distention in the stomach.  My body still craves a huge amount of food though.  Last two days ive been making a hard effor to eat like i used to.  7am, 1230pm, 4pm, 8pm, 11pm(myoplex).  This is how i ate when i was at my biggest.  I got my body so used to this routine that if i do anything less i feel lightheaded, sick and get a migraine. 

Tomorrow i'm doing chest/calves.  If i have a spotter, incline BB press and 20degree DB press.  Calves; seated then standing raise - though I'll be damn if i can find a standing calf machine.  When i get closer to my top poundage i'll start wrapping every joint up. 

My main problem with following a diet that would help me lean out is that I succumb to what my wife and I are used to eating. Not that we eat crap.

For example, this morning I made eggs Benedict and eggs Florentine for breakfast. We each had two poached eggs on English muffins with Hollandaise sauce. One English muffin half had a slice of Canadian bacon and the other half had spinach on it. All good stuff, but also high in fats. When my wife cooks, and she is an excellent cook, I eat what she fixes. Unfortunately, her portions are often huge.

I did much better watching my diet when I worked because most of my meals, with the exception dinner and on the weekends were my own decision. Now that I am retired, most meals are shared with my wife. The difference between our basic diet philosophy is that I eat to live and she lives to eat. Not that I am blaming her for my eating habits, be they good or bad.