Author Topic: Bill Maher- Republicans need to find a better source for Information  (Read 6562 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bill Maher- Republicans need to find a better source for Information
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »
I'm sure you believe that but how about showing some proof.
All the stories after the 2010 midterms talked about the low turnout compared to 2008 which is common for midterm elections and recall elections as well.
If Obama's policies were the factor then why weren't they a factor in 2010

They were a factor. As was the lower turnout. ObamaCare was among the (if not, the leading) driving force for the midterm elections. It practically gave rise to the Tea Party. I know turnout is lower in midterms than in general elections. But, 2010's turnout was higher than normal.

The Dems expected to lose a few seats here and there but not to lose 60+ and the House. That hadn't happen in over 70 years.

I'm sure you believe that the Repub agenda is something different than I characterized but maybe that's part of your parties problem because that was the obvious message to me and many others (like all those people who didn't vote for your guy). I'm well aware  Romney promised tax cuts for everyone. I just believe that to be a lie and the middle class will wind up paying for just like always happens

A lie? PLEASE!! Raising taxes on the middle class is the kiss of death. Why do you think Obama pushed the expiration of the Bush tax cuts until AFTER this election?

The agenda is the economy, especially when the current president will likely have higher unemployment at the end of his first term when he did, when he first took office.

btw - nice job parrotoing the latest meme that Romeny lost because Obama voters "want something" from goverment.    Keep telling yourself that because if you believe it's true it means your party  never win again unless you can find away to get rid of minorities or find a new message

I didn't say Romney lost because Obama voters want something from government. I said he lost because he didn't match McCain's turnout, with fewer Republicans showing up.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
The Tea Party originally started with Ron Paulers and then was quickly hijacked by the Koch Brothers and American Freedomworks, paying for old people to ride buses to various events.

It was completely manufactured and is a failure and will continue to be.  The only people who support the Tea Party are snake handlers and early dementia patients.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
They were a factor. As was the lower turnout. ObamaCare was among the (if not, the leading) driving force for the midterm elections. It practically gave rise to the Tea Party. I know turnout is lower in midterms than in general elections. But, 2010's turnout was higher than normal.

The Dems expected to lose a few seats here and there but not to lose 60+ and the House. That hadn't happen in over 70 years.

A lie? PLEASE!! Raising taxes on the middle class is the kiss of death. Why do you think Obama pushed the expiration of the Bush tax cuts until AFTER this election?

The agenda is the economy, especially when the current president will likely have higher unemployment at the end of his first term when he did, when he first took office.

I didn't say Romney lost because Obama voters want something from government. I said he lost because he didn't match McCain's turnout, with fewer Republicans showing up.

Yes, that's why Romney needed to lie about it

he even said that he couldn't tell people  what he was really going to do because he would be attacked  for it

in case you've forgotten (and it appears you have) Undemployment was 8.3% when Obama took office  in February 2009 (and was over 9% 2 months later before much if any of the stimulus was in effect) and it's 7.9% today
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet?request_action=wh&graph_name=LN_cpsbref3

Lucky for Obama that most voters have a better memorty than you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »

right

you just said this

not the same thing at all

The "stuff" quote is actually from O'Reilly but that's the talking point you're repeating:

The GOP isn't appealing to minorities, by and large, because it's not promising indefinite government aid.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
The Tea Party originally started with Ron Paulers and then was quickly hijacked by the Koch Brothers and American Freedomworks, paying for old people to ride buses to various events.

It was completely manufactured and is a failure and will continue to be.  The only people who support the Tea Party are snake handlers and early dementia patients.

dont forget the people who have conversations with God

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »

in hindsight the Koch Brothers would have been better off continuing to fund the tea party moonbats rather than give millions if not hundreds of millions to Karl Rove

If nothing else they could have achieved the same results for a lot less money