Author Topic: Who here objects to a 50% income tax rate on earnings above $1MIL  (Read 18060 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Who here objects to a 50% income tax rate on earnings above $1MIL
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
I don't agree woth a tax of any kind but of were going to have a system then I don't care of inheritance is taxed twice its still not money that the individual earned personally and if rather tax such wealth over other kinds that were earned by the individisl neong taxed

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
Individual being taxed.  Sorry got aanew phone and leaning how to use it on the internet. Late model blackmeet with touch let pad that is tough to use

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Of course not - why shouldn't people who make more money than you be forced to give that money to you? ::)

I don't need anybody else' money.  I've worked full time since I was 19.  I've been fortunate to never need unemployment, disability or any federal assistance.  I don't know that the percentage actually needs to be 50% over a million, but if you make over a million your either lucky or you've been aided by the social infrastructure of this country.  Like the president said, your business has benefited from the roads that all of us pay for.  For the police and firemen that we pay for.  For the teachers we pay for that educate your employees.  If it were me, I'd go back to Clinton rates for 250,0000-1,000,000 and 50% for 1,000,000 and beyond for two years.  But I'd never go above 50%.  In fact, once were back to solvency I'd reduce it by 5% in two year intervals until it got back down to Clinton rates so long as budgets were balanced and our economy was healthy, vibrant and strong.  Maybe then, at the end of a fiscal year the surplus could actually be rebated to individuals who paid into it.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
I don't need anybody else' money.  I've worked full time since I was 19.  I've been fortunate to never need unemployment, disability or any federal assistance.  I don't know that the percentage actually needs to be 50% over a million, but if you make over a million your either lucky or you've been aided by the social infrastructure of this country.  Like the president said, your business has benefited from the roads that all of us pay for.  For the police and firemen that we pay for.  For the teachers we pay for that educate your employees.  If it were me, I'd go back to Clinton rates for 250,0000-1,000,000 and 50% for 1,000,000 and beyond for two years.  But I'd never go above 50%.  In fact, once were back to solvency I'd reduce it by 5% in two year intervals until it got back down to Clinton rates so long as budgets were balanced and our economy was healthy, vibrant and strong.  Maybe then, at the end of a fiscal year the surplus could actually be rebated to individuals who paid into it.

Excellant post.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
I don't need anybody else' money.  I've worked full time since I was 19.  I've been fortunate to never need unemployment, disability or any federal assistance.  I don't know that the percentage actually needs to be 50% over a million, but if you make over a million your either lucky or you've been aided by the social infrastructure of this country.  Like the president said, your business has benefited from the roads that all of us pay for.  For the police and firemen that we pay for.  For the teachers we pay for that educate your employees.  If it were me, I'd go back to Clinton rates for 250,0000-1,000,000 and 50% for 1,000,000 and beyond for two years.  But I'd never go above 50%.  In fact, once were back to solvency I'd reduce it by 5% in two year intervals until it got back down to Clinton rates so long as budgets were balanced and our economy was healthy, vibrant and strong.  Maybe then, at the end of a fiscal year the surplus could actually be rebated to individuals who paid into it.
right right, its all luck...

dont worry about the hard work or the money they invested and risked they just opened a business and got lucky...

by the way spending cuts have a much bigger impact on savings then raising taxes so that would be the logical place to start

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
right right, its all luck...

dont worry about the hard work or the money they invested and risked they just opened a business and got lucky...

by the way spending cuts have a much bigger impact on savings then raising taxes so that would be the logical place to start

Utter nonsense.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
Utter nonsense.
hahah brilliant response...

its not up for debate abraham.

business owners put up their investments and risk losing them if the company goes under.

What do you risk working for them? your job...

they risk the capital they invested, depending on the type of business possibly even their assets outside of the business i.e. their homes, cars, cash etc.

Also spending cuts absolutely have a bigger impact on the bottom line than tax hikes.

I laid it out earlier in this thread but I can definitely make you look more foolish if youd like.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
hahah brilliant response...

its not up for debate abraham.

business owners put up their investments and risk losing them if the company goes under.

What do you risk working for them? your job...

they risk the capital they invested, depending on the type of business possibly even their assets outside of the business i.e. their homes, cars, cash etc.

Also spending cuts absolutely have a bigger impact on the bottom line than tax hikes.

I laid it out earlier in this thread but I can definitely make you look more foolish if youd like.

Good news for you tony. When they pay their fair share ( Back to clinton rates)  They also pay LESS TAXES on taxable income......LOL.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »

Good news for you tony. When they pay their fair share ( Back to clinton rates)  They also pay LESS TAXES on taxable income......LOL.

is this like your claim that the 30 million left uninsured by obama care will be claimed as revenue? ::)

what type of business did you own war horse?

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »
I think it is more important that the 50% who pay no taxes start contributing.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
is this like your claim that the 30 million left uninsured by obama care will be claimed as revenue? ::)

what type of business did you own war horse?

If 30 million people start paying a 100- 200 dollars a month to insurance companies for policies...that is revenue you retard.   And dont worry bout expenses out because actuaries do the math. 

Quit asking me stupid questions

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »

If 30 million people start paying a 100- 200 dollars a month to insurance companies for policies...that is revenue you retard.   And dont worry bout expenses out because actuaries do the math. 

Quit asking me stupid questions
the money for the 30 million is coming from other ppls pockets!!!

so youre taking from one pot to fill another but you still think youre coming out ahead?

hahah what a furtada

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
I think it is more important that the 50% who pay no taxes start contributing.

Listen up girl.  47% don't pay income tax.  However, because of the low level of income they pay out a MUCH greater percentage of what they make in taxes than do the rich.  Gas tax, sales tax, etc. etc.  A person making $20,000 doles out more per dollar earned than say the person making 2 million, or 200K or 75K for that matter.  Stick to what you know.  Kitchen work and blowjobs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »
Listen up girl.  47% don't pay income tax.  However, because of the low level of income they pay out a MUCH greater percentage of what they make in taxes than do the rich.  Gas tax, sales tax, etc. etc.  A person making $20,000 doles out more per dollar earned than say the person making 2 million, or 200K or 75K for that matter.  Stick to what you know.  Kitchen work and blowjobs.
and?

why does that give the govt the right to take away more money from someone else?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
and?

why does that give the govt the right to take away more money from someone else?

It's a matter of fairness.  If all the taxes someone making 20K a year pays adds up to 8K.  That's 40% of their income going to taxes.  Yet Willard Mitt Romney makes millions and in a good year pays 13-15% something is not right.  Like me, your here on getbig talking shit and wasting time.  It's all good, it's all fun.  Neither one of us is probably in that +250K category anyways.  My question to you is why do you insist on carrying water for these people and voting against your best interest?  Is it the fairy tale that one day you will win the lottery of inherit millions?  Because in all likelihood, that is a fairy tale.  If not that, I have to assume it's because you've taken the race bait.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »
It's a matter of fairness.  If all the taxes someone making 20K a year pays adds up to 8K.  That's 40% of their income going to taxes.  Yet Willard Mitt Romney makes millions and in a good year pays 13-15% something is not right.  Like me, your here on getbig talking shit and wasting time.  It's all good, it's all fun.  Neither one of us is probably in that +250K category anyways.  My question to you is why do you insist on carrying water for these people and voting against your best interest?  Is it the fairy tale that one day you will win the lottery of inherit millions?  Because in all likelihood, that is a fairy tale.  If not that, I have to assume it's because you've taken the race bait.
b/c what you dont understand is that its not in the country's best interest!!!

WE CANNOT TAX OUR WAY OUT OF THIS BY JUST TAXING THE RICH...

you continue to play this idiotic game of trying to take more from the "rich" to provide for the "poor". The govt is over spending and if they continue EVERYBODY WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

Spending cuts are much more effective at helping reduce the debt than tax hikes...thats a FACT

if you think we cant cut spending and have EVERYONE keep more of their hard earned money youre a dumb ass.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »

you continue to play this idiotic game of trying to take more from the "rich" to provide for the "poor". The govt is over spending and if they continue EVERYBODY WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

Spending cuts are much more effective at helping reduce the debt than tax hikes...thats a FACT

if you think we cant cut spending and have EVERYONE keep more of their hard earned money youre a dumb ass.

tony

you need to chill

you're going to stroke out

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »

Serious question because I don't know - how much lower were his  taxes by % due to the millions he gave to charity?  Any, none?
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

tony

you need to chill

you're going to stroke out

hahah yea I know and the Texans are on right now too plus im basically neck and neck in fantasy football this week and need a win.

Im wound pretty tight right now.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »

I always laugh when someone says "Why do you vote against your best interest?"

There is a bigger picture beyond myself. The world would be a pretty fucked up place if everyone put their best interest above everything else.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

There is a bigger picture beyond myself. The world would be a pretty fucked up place if everyone put their best interest above everything else.
exactly, I understand best interest...what they dont understand is they are voting for best short term interest not long term.

We are just digging the hole deeper and deeper and sooner or later the politicians are going to look at the middle class for money b/c they cant get enough from the "rich"

its just simply idiotic to think we can keep spending and spending and never have it effect the middle class.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
Treating the symptom not the problem.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »

Half of this country votes against their best interest.  Hence the problems we face.  We've been operating on republican ideas for the better part of 40 years.  The results speak for themselves. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
Half of this country votes against their best interest.  Hence the problems we face.  We've been operating on republican ideas for the better part of 40 years.  The results speak for themselves. 
at a certain point in time you will have to stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about the future.

Either that or the politicians will do it for you.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
at a certain point in time you will have to stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about the future.

Either that or the politicians will do it for you.

I'm not worried about myself at all.  They can take back their 2-3 percent break I received.  I'd gladly pay that money back to insure that people of all walks of life have health care, SSI and an overall safety net at their disposal.  Pot, meet kettle.