Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 30, 2014, 01:02:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 233   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 329896 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1500 on: April 19, 2013, 09:03:05 PM »

All the Nautilus machines were built around the patten cam gear (Art Jones designed/invention...with exclusive rights), which looks like a nautilus sea shell (hence the name). The only difference is the outer designs of these machines.The heart and soul is the original cam gear housing.  Lot's of phoney machine going around , using the "just like" or "almost like" a Nautilus exercise machine, but not close at all. Unless Jones sold the rights to other company's to use  the gear design or name, to other company's. Or his family did.

I have a tribal/clan tat, call a pe'a body tat. Took about two weeks to finish.  On the whole one side of my pec, delt and arm. Seen the Rock lately, something like that. No modern needles, that's sissy stuff.......had to get it old style island tradition ...hurt like a mofo. Beer helped a lot, even the guy doing my tat's was drinking.  Island ways!

Good Luck.

I've seen videos of Māori's getting tattooed. It looks brutal. I have a high pain threshold, but not a lot of patience. I definitely don't have the patience to put up with something like this for two weeks.

* pe'a tattoo.jpg (7.81 KB, 205x246 - viewed 115 times.)

* pe'a tattoo 2.jpg (9.84 KB, 204x247 - viewed 110 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1501 on: April 20, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »

All the Nautilus machines were built around the patten cam gear (Art Jones designed/invention...with exclusive rights), which looks like a nautilus sea shell (hence the name). The only difference is the outer designs of these machines.The heart and soul is the original cam gear housing.  Lot's of phoney machine going around , using the "just like" or "almost like" a Nautilus exercise machine, but not close at all. Unless Jones sold the rights to other company's to use  the gear design or name, to other company's. Or his family did.

I have a tribal/clan tat, call a pe'a body tat. Took about two weeks to finish.  On the whole one side of my pec, delt and arm. Seen the Rock lately, something like that. No modern needles, that's sissy stuff.......had to get it old style island tradition ...hurt like a mofo. Beer helped a lot, even the guy doing my tat's was drinking.  Island ways!

Good Luck.
you know jpm you amaze me. If i talk about martial arts like i did on another thread you come over with your "expert" opinion and try to give a history lesson.. to me a guy who has trained for years but aside from this you now say needles are sissy. you have always got to push it son donīt you?. I can assure you, you would not say that to me. Tattoos we did as kids when i was 13/14 with a needle and Indian ink we stole from school art class. i still have these and covered them with professional tattoos. I knew guys who tattooed their hands ,neck,face...i never did this. Donīt talk about needles and tattoos you clown because you know nothing, infact you just get on my nerves with your BS. you are one arrogant asshole.
jpm101
Getbig IV

« Reply #1502 on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:20 AM »

Good morning Donny, hope your having a wonderful day. And many more of them.

You really take things way too seriously, guess that your nature. Example: That sissy remake was not meant to be taken seriously or literally. Sorry you miss that point. Tat's do cause pain, any one understands this. Just to note; some prison tat's are done with the end of a hot paper clip..open of course.

No sure where you got that "expert" thing, never claim anything like that. I do have a little experience, in different matters, and just passing it on. I like things explained to me, maybe I fault in trying to explain some thing to others with a bit more detail. I don't direct anything I might post to "Donny", just laying it out for the hundreds of others who might come to GB. Feel free to avoid anything I may write on GB, it's your choice after all. You seem like a very emotional and over sensitive chap.

You once wrote that you would like to punch me in the face, among other things..please wait at the end of the line, with all the others. Those PM's you kept sending me were not all that encouraging. But I really could care less. Quite a few other have posted me about you..... your fan base is not all that positive. Notice your extremely patronizing to some, on this thread. Must be a purpose for all that, because that's not your real nature.

Know we will not be BFF, just hoping we can just get along, to get along.  Good Luck.

F
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1503 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »

Good morning Donny, hope your having a wonderful day. And many more of them.

You really take things way too seriously, guess that your nature. Example: That sissy remake was not meant to be taken seriously or literally. Sorry you miss that point. Tat's do cause pain, any one understands this. Just to note; some prison tat's are done with the end of a hot paper clip..open of course.

No sure where you got that "expert" thing, never claim anything like that. I do have a little experience, in different matters, and just passing it on. I like things explained to me, maybe I fault in trying to explain some thing to others with a bit more detail. I don't direct anything I might post to "Donny", just laying it out for the hundreds of others who might come to GB. Feel free to avoid anything I may write on GB, it's your choice after all. You seem like a very emotional and over sensitive chap.

You once wrote that you would like to punch me in the face, among other things..please wait at the end of the line, with all the others. Those PM's you kept sending me were not all that encouraging. But I really could care less. Quite a few other have posted me about you..... your fan base is not all that positive. Notice your extremely patronizing to some, on this thread. Must be a purpose for all that, because that's not your real nature.

Know we will not be BFF, just hoping we can just get along, to get along.  Good Luck.
I USUALLY READ IF I'M IN A TRAINING THREAD YOUR POSTS AND THEY HAVE VALUE AND THEN ARE STAMPED WITH YOUR WAY OF PUTTING THEM SO TO SPEAK,,,SOME PEOPLE MIGHT FIND IT ARROGANT/CONDESCENDING,,,I DON'T NEED TO READ INTO IT TO FORM MY OWN OPINION OF YOU...DONNY IS A GREAT GUY ,,,SORRY ON UR TAKE.

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1504 on: April 20, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »

thanks Steve.. should not get my blood pressure up.. Grin
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1505 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »

jpm101 and Donny,

It looks like you two have some "history" going on. Please don't go all Hatfields and McCoys, it doesn't do either of you any good.
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1506 on: April 20, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »

My advice Donny is to ignore it and don't let it get to you.
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #1507 on: April 20, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »

i have always thought that jpm101 is extremely arrogant......i can no longer read his posts......the guy is a legend in his own mind.

another dude that i have tired of is Fortress..... he used to write for a magazine and would interview these guys that he now dogs out......he is very negative!!! i no longer care to read his posts.

both of these guys can piss up a rope for all i care!
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1508 on: April 20, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »

i have always thought that jpm101 is extremely arrogant......i can no longer read his posts......the guy is a legend in his own mind.

another dude that i have tired of is Fortress..... he used to write for a magazine and would interview these guys that he now dogs out......he is very negative!!! i no longer care to read his posts.

both of these guys can piss up a rope for all i care!
When I was in the USA at the New York pro Shawn Ray pointed out a guy getting into an elevator and he said he used to write for a bodybuilding mag. He told me his name but I can't remember now. I have always thought that fortress was a very negative person going by his posts. I don't like him personally.
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1509 on: April 20, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »

Update, weather is beautiful here. Just got done laying in the sun and getting a good dose of vitamin D. Am working on my tan since its the best time of the year here for enjoying the sunshine. Will go for a brisk walk this afternoon. This is the time when the croc makes its appearance. It bakes in the sun in the afternoons. If I see it I will get a pic.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1510 on: April 21, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »

Update, weather is beautiful here. Just got done laying in the sun and getting a good dose of vitamin D. Am working on my tan since its the best time of the year here for enjoying the sunshine. Will go for a brisk walk this afternoon. This is the time when the croc makes its appearance. It bakes in the sun in the afternoons. If I see it I will get a pic.

A former co-worker of mine was from down under, like you Booty. She couldn't believe how little interest Oregon dermatologist had in checking for skin cancer. From what she told me, it is big business there. She was permanently tanned but also freckled, which sometimes indicates a person actually has fairly fair skin.

I spent a good part of my early years crawling around the beach on Nantucket while my mom laid out in the sun to get a tan. While neither of us sunburned, she spent so much time in the sun tanning that she looked like a wrinkled prune when she was older. Fortunately, sunshine is fairly rare in the Pacific Northwest where I have lived the last 46 years, so I have not followed in my moms tan steps. No wrinkles here.
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1511 on: April 21, 2013, 12:27:59 AM »

A former co-worker of mine was from down under, like you Booty. She couldn't believe how little interest Oregon dermatologist had in checking for skin cancer. From what she told me, it is big business there. She was permanently tanned but also freckled, which sometimes indicates a person actually has fairly fair skin.

I spent a good part of my early years crawling around the beach on Nantucket while my mom laid out in the sun to get a tan. While neither of us sunburned, she spent so much time in the sun tanning that she looked like a wrinkled prune when she was older. Fortunately, sunshine is fairly rare in the Pacific Northwest where I have lived the last 46 years, so I have not followed in my moms tan steps. No wrinkles here.
We have the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world. Fortunately I have been lucky so far. I have French in me from the south part in my mothers side and my mum is very olive but my father is quite fair. I am more like my mum. I look after my skin very well. That us why I am tanning now, as its autumn here and so the ultraviolet rays are less intense. I always wear 30 plus sunscreen on my face, neck and chest. My chest still tans with the sunscreen though.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1512 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »

We have the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world. Fortunately I have been lucky so far. I have French in me from the south part in my mothers side and my mum is very olive but my father is quite fair. I am more like my mum. I look after my skin very well. That us why I am tanning now, as its autumn here and so the ultraviolet rays are less intense. I always wear 30 plus sunscreen on my face, neck and chest. My chest still tans with the sunscreen though.

Like you, I am olive skinned. Not only that, my Grandmother on my mom's side was French, although she was from Brittany, which isn't exactly Southern France. I also have a smattering of Cherokee Indian. I never burn in the sun. When I use a tanning bed, I protect the skin around my eyes with sunscreen as well as smearing it on my junk (is that too much information?).
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1513 on: April 21, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »

No not too much information.  Cheesy I don't wear sunscreen on my junk. I use coconut oil all over and apparently it protects from skin cancer. I love the smell too.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1514 on: April 21, 2013, 01:30:14 AM »

I just have to watch in summer my balding frontal temple areas. I go brown fast but it can get red in the upper head area ;o no joke... i have dry skin and a bit of sun helps. I am not however someone who sits for long periods outside. walking,jogging,cycling outside gets me brown. coconut oil sounds great.. but donīt wanna look like a lobster....LOL
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1515 on: April 21, 2013, 01:44:46 AM »

The lobster look is not a good look Donny. I am pretty certain that coconut oil has a natural sunscreen in it so you would be fine. Use the purest kind though, the type that can be eaten.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1516 on: April 21, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »

No not too much information.  Cheesy I don't wear sunscreen on my junk. I use coconut oil all over and apparently it protects from skin cancer. I love the smell too.

Good to know. I enjoy the odor of coconut oil. I think I have some which is an after shower oil that I sometimes use, because I like the way it makes my skin feel and how I smell.

Here is an interesting article regarding coconut oil: http://www.naturalnutritionadvisor.com/blog/?p=981
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1517 on: April 21, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »

legs today '''went to church.

quads
leg press 5 plates x12.6 plates x10,2 sets 7 plates x8/8
hack squats 3 plates x12,4 plates x10,5 plates x8
walking lunges 50 lb dbells x2
extensions x3 220 on stack 12 reps goal..

hams
dumbell stiff legged on a small stand 50/60/75 12/10/8
lying leg curl x3 140 on stack 12 rep sets

calves seated calf raise 3 set drops 8-10 reps 3.5 plates drop 25 off,, again drop 25 plate off .

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1518 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »

legs today '''went to church.

quads
leg press 5 plates x12.6 plates x10,2 sets 7 plates x8/8
hack squats 3 plates x12,4 plates x10,5 plates x8
walking lunges 50 lb dbells x2
extensions x3 220 on stack 12 reps goal..

hams
dumbell stiff legged on a small stand 50/60/75 12/10/8
lying leg curl x3 140 on stack 12 rep sets

calves seated calf raise 3 set drops 8-10 reps 3.5 plates drop 25 off,, again drop 25 plate off .

When I work quads, even when not doing Nautilus, I always do leg extensions first to warm up my knees. What are the arguments for and against doing extensions first? You use a lot of weight when doing leg extensions.

Compared to you, my hams are weak. No way could I use the weight you are using on lying leg curls. Stiff legged dead lifts are easier for me, but I rarely do them.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1519 on: April 21, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »

When I work quads, even when not doing Nautilus, I always do leg extensions first to warm up my knees. What are the arguments for and against doing extensions first? You use a lot of weight when doing leg extensions.

Compared to you, my hams are weak. No way could I use the weight you are using on lying leg curls. Stiff legged dead lifts are easier for me, but I rarely do them.
i do them 1st as well i do them heavy as well ,,i'll usually get up to 250/275 for 12 on sets on extensions as a warm up then squat sets 315/365/405 and then the lunges and so on,,,i do staright bar stifflegged up to 275 with barbell but to he honest 225 is the right groove i'm scaling back a tad on few leg exercises,,my legs are pretty freaky size/strenth,condition wise ...

$
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #1520 on: April 21, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »

i like to perform leg extensions first.....in an effort to warm up the knees.....but also to pre exhaust  the quads.....i seem to get more out of squats when i do them second in the routine.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1521 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »

i do them 1st as well i do them heavy as well ,,i'll usually get up to 250/275 for 12 on sets on extensions as a warm up then squat sets 315/365/405 and then the lunges and so on,,,i do staright bar stifflegged up to 275 with barbell but to he honest 225 is the right groove i'm scaling back a tad on few leg exercises,,my legs are pretty freaky size/strenth,condition wise ...

And my legs aren't freaky. This says a lot. The biggest they have ever been is 27" which is no big deal for a guy my height. Right now they are a little over 24" which makes them mere toothpicks.  Grin
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1522 on: April 22, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »

i like to perform leg extensions first.....in an effort to warm up the knees.....but also to pre exhaust  the quads.....i seem to get more out of squats when i do them second in the routine.
me too.. i did this yesterday, short ,sharp...direct to the point !!

leg extensions 3x15 superset with
Smith machine squats 3x10

seated leg curls 3x15 superset with
seated leg press 3x10-15

seated calf raises 5x15 itīs a calf machine where you are sitting at an angle and is like a seated calf raises on a leg press but special for calf, will take a pic. so it was short and fast. I am now doing a 3 day split due to work. still you have to adapt.. Wink wanted to do some Romanian Deads in there too but was short on time.
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #1523 on: April 22, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »

hope everyone had a pleasant weekend!

here is my delt routine:

standing barbell presses   3 sets

cable side laterals    3 sets

reverse cable flyes   3 sets

db shrugs    3 sets
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1524 on: April 22, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »

spur of the moment today i combined chest and triceps, was going to do chest and back but i donīt know i just went by instinct..never usually combine chest and triceps.

negative BB press 3x6-10
Butterfly machine 3x12
Incline DB press 3x10
Seated Dips machine 3x12
Rope pushdowns 3x12-15

finished off with crunches 3x max and used an ab roller. Then 30 min Hill programme on running machine(was dying) Grin
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 233   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!