Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 23, 2014, 09:27:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 246   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 383210 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1800 on: May 09, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »

Wednesday's workout, back:

ISO lateral front lat pull down,  4X12-6 @ 110 - 230
ISO row, 3X10-6 @ 90 - 120 added weight
Nebula low cable row, 2X90-140 added weight
Hammer reverse grip pull down, 2X10-8 @ 90 - 140
One arm dumbbell rows, 2X10-8 @ 45 - 55

I increased the reps and mostly kept the resistance the same.

Thursday's workout, Delts and Abs:

Nebula seated front press, 4X10-6 @ 60 - 130 added weight
Nautilus side lateral raises, 3X10-8 @ 70 - 110
Dumbbell bent lateral raises, 4X10 @ 27.5 - 10
ISO shrugs,  3X10 @ 90 -140 added weight
Cable upright rows, 3X10 @ 77
Abcoaster, 3 X 25 bodyweight
Nautilus cable crunch, 2X25-20 @ 70 - 80
Back raises or extensions, 2 X 10 @ BW
Report to moderator   Logged
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1801 on: May 10, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »

Wednesday's workout, back:

ISO lateral front lat pull down,  4X12-6 @ 110 - 230
ISO row, 3X10-6 @ 90 - 120 added weight
Nebula low cable row, 2X90-140 added weight
Hammer reverse grip pull down, 2X10-8 @ 90 - 140
One arm dumbbell rows, 2X10-8 @ 45 - 55

I increased the reps and mostly kept the resistance the same.

Thursday's workout, Delts and Abs:

Nebula seated front press, 4X10-6 @ 60 - 130 added weight
Nautilus side lateral raises, 3X10-8 @ 70 - 110
Dumbbell bent lateral raises, 4X10 @ 27.5 - 10
ISO shrugs,  3X10 @ 90 -140 added weight
Cable upright rows, 3X10 @ 77
Abcoaster, 3 X 25 bodyweight
Nautilus cable crunch, 2X25-20 @ 70 - 80
Back raises or extensions, 2 X 10 @ BW

good to see you are really motivated again..some nice tips here from the Guys here too. well i will blast my arms today...my big Guns.. Grin i have taken a liking to the machine curl in the Gym and use it to finish off my Biceps. Cable curls too and i have really just "rediscovered" the feeling of constant tension. Trained this really hot Blond yesterday..wanted to use the Vibrations plate.. kept looking into my eyes but like a true pro i carried on... Grin Wink funny how they all think these machines will do it all for them..  Roll Eyes still nice to watch them vibrate.. Cheesy
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1802 on: May 10, 2013, 06:02:43 AM »

Wow, I think you are describing the exercise exactly the way I do them on this machine. There used to be a shrug rack that looked kind of homemade in the gym which you loaded with plates on the sides. The grip was parallel which is really comfortable. Unfortunately, it seems to have vanished. The Hammer Strength ISO is great for shrugs. Today I went light on them because I am doing a trial run on more reps and less weight. When I want to use a lot of weight doing shrugs this equipment allows me to do that comfortably and I am still able to squeeze and pause at the top of the lift.
EXACTLY..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1803 on: May 10, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »

Today i did...
Barbell curls(straight bar) 3x10 superset with
skull crushers 3x10
seated DB curls3x10 with
close grip push-ups on mat 3xmax
preacher curls using low pulley cable(ez bar attachment) with
cable pushdowns using rope 3x10

forearms i did not train...abs 3x max hanging knee raises 1 set forwards,1 set left/right to hit obliques/serratus...
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1804 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »

good to see you are really motivated again..some nice tips here from the Guys here too. well i will blast my arms today...my big Guns.. Grin i have taken a liking to the machine curl in the Gym and use it to finish off my Biceps. Cable curls too and i have really just "rediscovered" the feeling of constant tension. Trained this really hot Blond yesterday..wanted to use the Vibrations plate.. kept looking into my eyes but like a true pro i carried on... Grin Wink funny how they all think these machines will do it all for them..  Roll Eyes still nice to watch them vibrate.. Cheesy

Yes all of you are being most helpful to me, not only with tips, but also with encouragement,

Before my wife and I moved to Oregon which was nearly 50 years ago, we belonged to the Beverly Hills Health Club. It was an interesting gym. The men's and women's gyms were completely segregated. A lot of actors and wanna be actors worked out there along with fat old producers and managers. The hand a line up of multiple vibrator machines which were especially popular with the senior set. The way they worked was you'd stand there with a wide belt around your waist and the machine would supposedly vibrate the fat off you. I don't think they worked, judging from the folks using them.

It surprises me that they are still in use at some clubs. I have not noticed any vibrator machines at the clubs I have been to in the Portland area.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1805 on: May 10, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »

no.. Jay...but just for you all in German...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOkwqpjJT78
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1806 on: May 10, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »

so there is more exercises but you get the point...stick to weight training. However it is ok for physio. I love to watch women vibrate on this... Grin
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1807 on: May 10, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

so there is more exercises but you get the point...stick to weight training. However it is ok for physio. I love to watch women vibrate on this... Grin

Well I must say the it looks really weird. The lady using it doesn't look too happy. Perhaps, she's having certain sensations which are distracting her?  Grin

Like you suggest, I will stick to weight training. I use a "Tens" when I have lower back soreness. Rather than vibrate it away, it shocks it away. Each pulse causes the muscles to contract and relax in very short bursts.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1808 on: May 10, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »

Friday, chest:

Weight 207

ISO lateral flat bench press, 4X10-2 @ 70 to 130 added weight
ISO lateral incline bench press, 4X10-6 @ 70 to 130 added weight
ISO lateral decline wide bench press, 3X10-6 @ 90 to 180 added weight. I also did one last set with no weight added @ 15 reps
Nautilus weight assisted dips, 3X10-6 @ 107 to 147
Nautilus pec deck, 3X12-8 @ 75 to 105
Nautilus super pullovers, 3x12-8 @ 90 to 120
Body Masters seated pec flys, 3X10 @ 60

I felt a little off today. My energy was low I think. Also, I worked out earlier than I prefer because I dropped my wife off for physical therapy and hit the gym while the PT's worked on her. My preferred workout time is after 2:30 p.m. Anyway, if you compare today's workout with last Friday, the resistance in about the same, but I have added reps. I did get a good pump.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1809 on: May 10, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »

Friday, chest:

Weight 207

ISO lateral flat bench press, 4X10-2 @ 70 to 130 added weight
ISO lateral incline bench press, 4X10-6 @ 70 to 130 added weight
ISO lateral decline wide bench press, 3X10-6 @ 90 to 180 added weight. I also did one last set with no weight added @ 15 reps
Nautilus weight assisted dips, 3X10-6 @ 107 to 147
Nautilus pec deck, 3X12-8 @ 75 to 105
Nautilus super pullovers, 3x12-8 @ 90 to 120
Body Masters seated pec flys, 3X10 @ 60

I felt a little off today. My energy was low I think. Also, I worked out earlier than I prefer because I dropped my wife off for physical therapy and hit the gym while the PT's worked on her. My preferred workout time is after 2:30 p.m. Anyway, if you compare today's workout with last Friday, the resistance in about the same, but I have added reps. I did get a good pump.
Jay you have my full respect, you are a good husband. I like your training posts with Steve. Steve would be an excellent trainer not just because of his knowledge but because he is very humble ..knows so much but never arrogant.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1810 on: May 11, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »

Today is a rest and relaxation day..so i think i will go to the local swimming baths and hit the whirlpool later. itīs not warm enough to swim outside yet, although last year you could at this time.. Karen and some of the Americanos here can no doubt swim year round outside..
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1811 on: May 11, 2013, 06:51:26 AM »

Ran 5 miles yesterday then foolish drank 4 beers. I've been fooling around with the weights for  around 7 months due to illness and injury. Feeling good now and it's time to get serious. Doing this workout today.

Power cleans and jerks 3 x 3 reps then 1x1 (Power)
Squats 2 x 8 then 1 x 1 (leg- I try to go deep)
barbell lunge 1 x 8         (leg)
standing leg curl 2 x 12   (leg)
Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 8  (chest-I go as low as I can and touch the bells at the top)
Pull ups 2 x max               (lats-dead hang trying to touch upper chest)      
low cable row 2 x 12          (lats- full stretch then keeping the upper back vertical at completion)
military press 2 x 8           (delts- all the way down to upper chest. I clean the barbell off floor to start)
standing dumbbell laterals 2 x 10  (delts-I try to reasonably keep arms extended )
dips with weight 2 x 8             (triceps chest- I go very deep. I never got anything from the standard half reps you see)
barbell curl 2 x 10                   (bicep-I'm a little sloppy on these but I'm trying)
hanging leg raise 2 x max        (ab)
ab pulley 2 x 25                       (ab)
standing calf 2 x 15                   (calf-good stretch and all the way up)
weighted back extensions 2 x 15 (lower back-these always makes my lower back feel great)
grip and neck work                    ( I use ivanko grippers or iron mind)

I'm starting with moderate weights hoping to add roughly 5 lbs an exercise every workout. At 6 workouts I should max out then I will change the routine to a split or just change the exercises. Trying to do this workout twice week with running. So maybe 3 days off between work outs. I work out without any HRT or steroids.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1812 on: May 11, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »

jay and old timer cool great workouts ...

legs boyz and girlz,,,

leg press x4 warmed  then 4 plates x12,5 plates x12,6 plates x10,7 x10
hack squats x3 3 plates x12,4 plates x10,5 plates x9
fun part here 45 plate per hand lunges up flight steps every other step up, down,up ,down x2 probably 15 steps up with skip then 20 down can't skip step down will cause death lol....
leg extensions x3 220.235.250 x12

hams dumbell stiff legged on stand 55/60/70 lb dumbells x12
lying leg 140/150/155

calves seated calf raise x4 3 plates up to 4 plates at final set 10/20 rep scale light to heaviest weight..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1813 on: May 11, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »

yeah oldtimer1 is Rich and i know him from Raw iron forum...good guy and knows lots...and lots. great guy to be on here too.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1814 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »

yeah oldtimer1 is Rich and i know him from Raw iron forum...good guy and knows lots...and lots. great guy to be on here too.
great,,,

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1815 on: May 11, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »

this is what i like to do for stress relief.. i trained with a man some years ago who was in Japan and trained with Saito Sensei in Iwama..Reinhard Meyer Resse Germany. Sadly passed away but was a big influence on my technique. i learned the short,sharp body movements and ken and jo. I still do the Kata i learned from him. He died of cancer and asked me and a couple of others to go to Japan with him because he knew it was his last time. I still have my Ken, jo, Tanto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7IQf6kqxMk
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1816 on: May 11, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

I wish I could do some training with a sword. I just don't know what Japanese art would cover that? I just recently started to develop an interest in swords. A soldier back in the day really had it brutal. They always depict in movies a little stab wound from a sword. I have seen videos of guys cutting in half a 200 pound plus size pig with a sword. Again, war is brutal now and war back in the sword days was also brutal. I was about to buy a real sword not a decorative junk metal one but I heard they are very dangerous to swing around. A misguided tap from a razor sword can cause a serious or fatal injury. I guess this sounds bizarre from a guy that has carried a handgun for 30 years and owns other modern weapons. Just something about weapons like swords, spears, and bows that brings me back in time. I think many military guys can understand that.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1817 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »

I wish I could do some training with a sword. I just don't know what Japanese art would cover that? I just recently started to develop an interest in swords. A soldier back in the day really had it brutal. They always depict in movies a little stab wound from a sword. I have seen videos of guys cutting in half a 200 pound plus size pig with a sword. Again, war is brutal now and war back in the sword days was also brutal. I was about to buy a real sword not a decorative junk metal one but I heard they are very dangerous to swing around. A misguided tap from a razor sword can cause a serious or fatal injury. I guess this sounds bizarre from a guy that has carried a handgun for 30 years and owns other modern weapons. Just something about weapons like swords, spears, and bows that brings me back in time. I think many military guys can understand that.
very true..i like Aikido for itīs calmness and dynamic sphere. I like the joint locks and pins. It always intrested me. I like the fact you can divert energy and..use balance to your advantage.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #1818 on: May 11, 2013, 07:08:07 PM »

Is Aikido the martial art that also does sword practice? I would be interested in that art. It does not sound like it's not an easy art to learn. Where I live in NJ it's rare to find a school in that art. Brazilian jiu jitsu schools are everywhere in every town.

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1819 on: May 12, 2013, 02:34:51 AM »

Is Aikido the martial art that also does sword practice? I would be interested in that art. It does not sound like it's not an easy art to learn. Where I live in NJ it's rare to find a school in that art. Brazilian jiu jitsu schools are everywhere in every town.

well all Aikido comes from Daito Ryu Aiki Jutsu.. the movement are deprived from the sword. All Aikido principles come from this. Each school has itīs own direction, Iwama Ryu: more ken , jo kata... Yoshinkan Aikido: more emphasis on groundschool techniques(taught to the Tokyo Police) indeed Gozo Shioda andwas known to be hard, there is a Japanese 6th Dan in München i have only spoke to him.
He was an Uchi Deshi from Shioda(direct student) told me some intresting things. Tomiki Aikido is also intresting with "Randori" from Judo..Tomiki was a judo master too. His style is very realistic and not like the "Aiki kai" dancing you see now..schools such as from master Tohei with more emphasis on "Ki"...my tip... Yoshinkan Aikido...the closest to Daito Ryu, i love the wrist locks and kote-gaeshi..and if you want Kata, Iwama Ryu which is what i learned. There is more schools which i tried too, Tendo Ryu from Shimizu sensei which i liked but more round movements and Dynamic.(he comes to Germany a lot and i was at a seminar and met him) He was the last Uchi Deshi from the founder of Aikido..

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1820 on: May 12, 2013, 02:35:44 AM »

ooops.... Grin well you can still read it...
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1821 on: May 12, 2013, 06:01:24 AM »

well i will go now for a run... might just do some Tabata sprints in the woods... got a great app in my phone which is a hit cardio timer. I like more a 45min steady run but just to shake it up....
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1822 on: May 12, 2013, 08:25:08 AM »

donny,,mrn,,, knows little exercises for calves for instance front shin rolls for tibialias definition,,and some rear calf ,,,,

* IMG2788.jpg (435.2 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 99 times.)

* IMG2807.jpg (13.66 KB, 173x231 - viewed 106 times.)

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1823 on: May 12, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »

donny,,mrn,,, knows little exercises for calves for instance front shin rolls for tibialias definition,,and some rear calf ,,,,
yeah knows a lot...looking great steve.. well i was running was weird.. sun and then like small hail stones.. i mean at this time of year...
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #1824 on: May 12, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

tonight:

leg extensions  5 sets     

squats  4 sets

romanian deadlifts   4 sets

seated leg curls   4 sets
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 246   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!