Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 21, 2014, 07:21:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 231   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 320742 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3175 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »

Thanks Jay.  I booked to see the doctor again tomorrow morning.  I feel that the antibiotics weren't strong enough to rid me of this chest infection.  My body is set at a higher level after that 18 months of being on them constantly when I had the sinus infections.  They don't work on me anymore unless very high strength. 

Not only that, but the viruses keep getting stronger. Just be happy you aren't in my wife's situation. Because her health is so compromised, her kidneys cannot handle strong antibiotics. She was stuck having to take a weaker antibiotic and keep repeating it until her bronchial infection was gone.
Report to moderator   Logged
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #3176 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:38 PM »

Not only that, but the viruses keep getting stronger. Just be happy you aren't in my wife's situation. Because her health is so compromised, her kidneys cannot handle strong antibiotics. She was stuck having to take a weaker antibiotic and keep repeating it until her bronchial infection was gone.
That's terrible Jay.  I am so sorry to hear this. 
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3177 on: August 13, 2013, 11:54:03 PM »

That's terrible Jay.  I am so sorry to hear this. 

It is terrible for her. Take good care of your health. While I don't blame my wife for her ill health, she ignored a lot of signs that things weren't going well through the years and ended up waiting until it was too late to fix a lot of the health problems she has. Of course there is no guarantee that they wouldn't have happened anyway.

I am not a religious person, but I will readily say that our health is a gift as are our bodies. It is a sin to abuse that gift in my opinion....perhaps one of the worst sins we commit. Some folks are born with health problems, but many folks create them by showing disregard for their good health by eating poorly, not exercising and allowing stress to alter their lives.

I don't want to come off all pious about this. I am hardly perfect myself. I sometimes drink too much alcohol. I occasionally eat foods which are unhealthy and when it comes to allowing stress into my life I have poor resistance. So while I know what is right and good health wise, I don't always follow my own knowledge. Humans are imperfect and that just is the way it is.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3178 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »

Worked back today.

Weight 205 lbs.

After sitting on the phone with Xfinity for over an hour and not getting anything accomplished, I was more then ready to hit the gym, if for no other reason then to work off a little frustration.

The good thing about back exercises is you do most of them sitting down. I did the routine I posted many times before. I dialed the weight down on a couple of movements and concentrated on doing the exercise and strictly and slowly as possible. All-in-all, I feel like I had a good workout, hobbling from one station to the next. I kept my rest times to a minute or less. I'll know by Friday if I accomplished anything since I usually get a little sore the second day.

All this farting around with my leg has really put a hole in my routine. Each day when I work out, I realize that it has been nearly a month since the previous one. That's not good and it is going to stop!

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3179 on: August 15, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »

Yesterday  was legs....

i was in the Gym 1 hour before opening so i could move around freely...we are not open 24 hours.

Tri set...
Leg press 3x10-15
front squats (Smith machine)3x10
lunges (Smith machine) 3x10

tri sets....
seated leg curls3x10-15
romanian deadlifts 3x10-15
Hyperextensions 3x10-15(on the 45 degree bench it really finishes off my hams,glutes and lower back)

this was more than i normally do and was very productive. I will hit shoulders today with ...

Smith machine seated front press 4x10
seated DB side raises 4x10-12
rear delt machine 4x10-12
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3180 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »

Yesterday  was legs....

i was in the Gym 1 hour before opening so i could move around freely...we are not open 24 hours.

Tri set...
Leg press 3x10-15
front squats (Smith machine)3x10
lunges (Smith machine) 3x10

tri sets....
seated leg curls3x10-15
romanian deadlifts 3x10-15
Hyperextensions 3x10-15(on the 45 degree bench it really finishes off my hams,glutes and lower back)

this was more than i normally do and was very productive. I will hit shoulders today with ...

Smith machine seated front press 4x10
seated DB side raises 4x10-12
rear delt machine 4x10-12
holy shit thought I was staring at my workout..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3181 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »

holy shit thought I was staring at my workout..
Steve i doubt if i use your weight..but intensity i do.. i love to feel the fatigue, weights or running i give 100% .
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3182 on: August 15, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »

Steve i doubt if i use your weight..but intensity i do.. i love to feel the fatigue, weights or running i give 100% .
Cool

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3183 on: August 15, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »

I think because the leg problem is sapping my energy, I have slightly lightened the resistance throughout my routine until things get back to normal. Normal meaning that I hit each muscle group at least once each week.

What I find interesting is that by concentrating form and doing everything slowly and deliberately, I am actually feeling it more. I don't mean in a "Wow am I sore!" kind of way, but more of a good feeling where the soreness is more like an awareness of my muscles even when I am not working out. Pretty soon I will be strutting around like a full blown bodybuilder. LOL!

I haven't worked legs since the fiasco a week and a half ago. I am approaching Saturday which is a usual leg day for me. I am not making any plans yet. I'll see how the pain is when Saturday comes. I may do a really light resistance leg workout just to keep things moving.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3184 on: August 15, 2013, 01:35:17 PM »

I think because the leg problem is sapping my energy, I have slightly lightened the resistance throughout my routine until things get back to normal. Normal meaning that I hit each muscle group at least once each week.

What I find interesting is that by concentrating form and doing everything slowly and deliberately, I am actually feeling it more. I don't mean in a "Wow am I sore!" kind of way, but more of a good feeling where the soreness is more like an awareness of my muscles even when I am not working out. Pretty soon I will be strutting around like a full blown bodybuilder. LOL!

I haven't worked legs since the fiasco a week and a half ago. I am approaching Saturday which is a usual leg day for me. I am not making any plans yet. I'll see how the pain is when Saturday comes. I may do a really light resistance leg workout just to keep things moving.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Jay stick to Leg press
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3185 on: August 15, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »

Jay stick to Leg press

I had not planned on doing regular squats. I thought I would try some light hack squats just to see how they felt; what do you think? I also intended to do high volume leg extensions with low resistance and doing each leg independently. There is no way I can do lunges right now. I barely have enough balance to stay upright on two legs much less one.  Huh
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3186 on: August 15, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

I had not planned on doing regular squats. I thought I would try some light hack squats just to see how they felt; what do you think? I also intended to do high volume leg extensions with low resistance and doing each leg independently. There is no way I can do lunges right now. I barely have enough balance to stay upright on two legs much less one.  Huh
LEG PRESS Wink
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

« Reply #3187 on: August 15, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »

Thanks Jay.  I booked to see the doctor again tomorrow morning.  I feel that the antibiotics weren't strong enough to rid me of this chest infection.  My body is set at a higher level after that 18 months of being on them constantly when I had the sinus infections.  They don't work on me anymore unless very high strength. 
You feel better you seem a bit more upbeat.
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

« Reply #3188 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »

My opinion only. Squats are the best thing you can do no matter the weight slow and under control if you can get your balance back. They fixed a knee issue I had from playing football, extensions only irritated the condition. It's a natural movement however if you can't do them as donny suggested leg press.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3189 on: August 15, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »

back /bi's,,, usually a day ago,, had a scare with 4 yr old my little pumpkin  ;Dwas on a slide little one in back yard and fell backwards of it so say's my almost 8 yr old Tongue and landed on arm she broke in 2 places last yr summertime ,well she cried blood curdling scream we took her to emergency room and xrays came back negatitive thank god cause it was a pain having cast arm whole summer last yr,,very sore and she will not use it her arm ,its only a day so we will see,,,anyway

back
hammer reverse pulldown x4 worked up to 2 45's and 25 per side last set for 6 and dropped to 2 plates for another 8 ,,good heavy weight /set
tbar row regular version x4 inner grip set 's 10 worked heaviest set close to 4 plates's on front..
low cable row with longer bar not usual close handle one x3
one arm db row 80/90/95 all done 10/10/10
pulldown i standup attach wide bar on hi part pully stand in front slight bend at waist pull bar in to lower stomach/hip area squeeze x3

weighted hypers x3

bi's
db curl 40/45/45
seated curl x3
curls with straight bar x3 95 ,,10/8/8/
rope curl lower cable version x3

abs superset crunches with roman chair side to side raise

clocked in 1:15 on workout

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3190 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »

My opinion only. Squats are the best thing you can do no matter the weight slow and under control if you can get your balance back. They fixed a knee issue I had from playing football, extensions only irritated the condition. It's a natural movement however if you can't do them as donny suggested leg press.

Thanks for the advice. I know that squats are the be all end all exercise. I cannot wait to get back to doing them. What worries me is the torn meniscus. Once I get this resolved, I hope to get back to squatting. One thing I remember about doing them is how pumped they get you. Yes they tax your energy like crazy while doing them, but afterwards you feel like a warrior.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3191 on: August 15, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »

Incidentally, I worked delts today.

Weight 206

Again, I won't detail the routine because it is just the same routine I have posted it before. On all but one exercise, I used the same resistance I used three weeks ago which I think is pretty great. I actually worked them to failure on a couple of exercises. On all the other movements, I maintained the resistance and still concentrated on form.

Delt day is also abs day. Since I don't worry about resistance when doing abs, they were no problem. Of course, I do high reps on these exercises. I did notice that I was somewhat burnt out from the delt/trap exercises, but I soldiered on anyway. Thursday's routine is the longest one of the entire week. You should be proud of me. I am of myself.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3192 on: August 16, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

delts changed it up ..
standing front press x4
side laterals x3 and 1 drop set
bent over seated rear delt raises x3
cable uprights x3
finished 2 sets standing db press

shrugs x4 and 2 sets 20 rep 45 lb plate per hand at sides and pull up/hold/squeeze

forarms reverse curls,reverse cable wrist curls

calves standing calf raise x5...

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3193 on: August 16, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »

Took a nap this afternoon and missed the gym. Tomorrow I will work chest. The problem was that we woke up too damn early so we could attend a breakfast meeting with fellow retirees. I am never up as early as 7:30 a.m. Come 4:00 p.m. and I was ready for bed.  Wink

My wife made the most delicious Asian chicken salad for dinner:

Chicken
Shredded Napa and red cabbage
Chopped green onions
Water chestnuts
Shredded carrots
Fresh ginger
Asian sesame salad dressing....with a little kick.

French roll w/butter

This was a healthy and yummy meal.

Later we will have peach and lemon sorbet.

It has been unusually humid for this part of the country the past few days. I did some gardening and was drenched in a way that suggested I'd taken a shower in my clothes. For some of you this may not seem unusual, but I rarely sweat.

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3194 on: August 17, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »

Took a nap this afternoon and missed the gym. Tomorrow I will work chest. The problem was that we woke up too damn early so we could attend a breakfast meeting with fellow retirees. I am never up as early as 7:30 a.m. Come 4:00 p.m. and I was ready for bed.  Wink

My wife made the most delicious Asian chicken salad for dinner:

Chicken
Shredded Napa and red cabbage
Chopped green onions
Water chestnuts
Shredded carrots
Fresh ginger
Asian sesame salad dressing....with a little kick.

French roll w/butter

This was a healthy and yummy meal.

Later we will have peach and lemon sorbet.

It has been unusually humid for this part of the country the past few days. I did some gardening and was drenched in a way that suggested I'd taken a shower in my clothes. For some of you this may not seem unusual, but I rarely sweat.

you are lucky she Cooks good Grin Today was a work Day in the Gym. I have my Weekend rest from Training but i like to throw in some calf raises and abs. I actually integrate a few sets with Training People so i am always Training muscles i want to work on.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #3195 on: August 17, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »

you are lucky she Cooks good Grin Today was a work Day in the Gym. I have my Weekend rest from Training but i like to throw in some calf raises and abs. I actually integrate a few sets with Training People so i am always Training muscles i want to work on.

I am on my weekend "rest" too. Instead of hitting the gym, I worked in the yard for 5 hours.

As payback for cooking such a great dinner last night, I am taking my wife out for dinner tonight. She's been wanting to go to this Portland barbecue restaurant she saw on show on television called Podnah's Pit. It is way across town, but what the heck, I like barbecue too. http://www.podnahspit.com/ Hope it is delicious.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3196 on: August 17, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »

I am on my weekend "rest" too. Instead of hitting the gym, I worked in the yard for 5 hours.

As payback for cooking such a great dinner last night, I am taking my wife out for dinner tonight. She's been wanting to go to this Portland barbecue restaurant she saw on show on television called Podnah's Pit. It is way across town, but what the heck, I like barbecue too. http://www.podnahspit.com/ Hope it is delicious.
you and your wife enjoy your meal together.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3197 on: August 18, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »

hope everyone is well and feeling good,and all...busy wknd worked sat :Pno gym,today sunday family breakfast/in laws lunch Shocked,,so basement
workout for me,unfortunatley legs enough to get pump my machine does hamstring standing curls,quad extensions too..

so i did extensions,leg curls,stiff legged db ,squat thrusts,lunges,calf raises about 20 or sets all together repped hi ,just pump..
quads looked ripped in good basement light Wink,,, Grin...

* IMG3737.jpg (34.88 KB, 237x315 - viewed 58 times.)

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #3198 on: August 19, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »

CHEST Grin
Parallel bar Dips 4xmax
push ups using push up bars 4xmax
flat bench flys 4x10

hanging knee raises wearing ankle weights 4x15-20
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

« Reply #3199 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »

CHEST Grin
Parallel bar Dips 4xmax
push ups using push up bars 4xmax
flat bench flys 4x10

hanging knee raises wearing ankle weights 4x15-20
Nice workout Donny, low volume high intensity. Dips are king.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 231   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!