Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 19, 2014, 06:06:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 189   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 164564 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »

I change my my own oil, but then I got to clean my nails. Damn man you keep going at your age my father died at 72 amazing that you can keep rolling. A friend of mine I used to train fell  trying to get his dog from running out of the house severed two arteries in his arm busted through a glass window. Sad I tried calling him no answer he works construction so he will not be able to work for awhile.

It's a bitch when this kind of shit happens. I've heard that most accidents happen at home. Hope your friend is okay.

I used to change my own oil back in the day when I couldn't justify the expense of having someone do it for me. It is a big chore for me because I am claustrophobic and getting under a car gives me a panic attack. I was never smart enough to wear oil changing clothes and would invariably ruin something I was wearing. I may have done this subconsciously to convince myself that changing my own oil was not worth it.

Oil Can Henry's oil change cost me $31 with a $10 discount. I only change the oil every 5,000 miles which means I have it done about twice a year. Every other time, I take the car in the shop at my regular mechanic so he can check everything out to make sure all is good. My car runs like new. It has 114,000 miles on it and it is a 2004 model.
Report to moderator   Logged
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

It's a bitch when this kind of shit happens. I've heard that most accidents happen at home. Hope your friend is okay.

I used to change my own oil back in the day when I couldn't justify the expense of having someone do it for me. It is a big chore for me because I am claustrophobic and getting under a car gives me a panic attack. I was never smart enough to wear oil changing clothes and would invariably ruin something I was wearing. I may have done this subconsciously to convince myself that changing my own oil was not worth it.

Oil Can Henry's oil change cost me $31 with a $10 discount. I only change the oil every 5,000 miles which means I have it done about twice a year. Every other time, I take the car in the shop at my regular mechanic so he can check everything out to make sure all is good. My car runs like new. It has 114,000 miles on it and it is a 2004 model.
He never called back the friend with the severed arm I hope he is ok, being in that position understood probably a bunch of people calling. He came to my house once after years of no contact I used to train him his life has been sad his two brothers died in accidents and his dad died of heart attack. So being the person I am after hearing of the accident called him got VM.

So $21 not bad you don't have to get dirty and the oil and filter will cost about the same.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3227 on: August 22, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »

so in between all the fun here i trained shoulders...

Tri set...

seated DB press 4x10
seated side raises 4x12
seated bent over laterals 4x12

crunches (feet on bench) 3x max

calf raises on machine 5x15
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

Hello you old fellow geezers....delts/traps today....4iu Seros pre-workout..and 250 Test/150NPP

bent over laterals 3 sets
reverse incline bench rear laterals 3 sets
cable rear laterals 2 sets
one arm side laterals up and down the rack 2X
seated smith presses 4 sets
DB shrugs 4 sets
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: August 22, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »

Hello you old fellow geezers....delts/traps today....4iu Seros pre-workout..and 250 Test/150NPP

bent over laterals 3 sets
reverse incline bench rear laterals 3 sets
cable rear laterals 2 sets
one arm side laterals up and down the rack 2X
seated smith presses 4 sets
DB shrugs 4 sets
LOT OF REAR DELT WORK ?

$
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3230 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »

old geezers... Grin aint heard that in years
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: August 22, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »

LOT OF REAR DELT WORK ?

Yea I know....too much BP in PL days.....Trying to make up for it. besides it looks cool Grin
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »

Yea I know....too much BP in PL days.....Trying to make up for it. besides it looks cool Grin
I LIKE THE MOVEMENTS AND DO ALL 3 U DO ,JUST NOT IN ONE DAY/SESSION Grin...I LIKE 2 MOVEMENTS AT TIMES I'LL DO EXTRA.

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »

He never called back the friend with the severed arm I hope he is ok, being in that position understood probably a bunch of people calling. He came to my house once after years of no contact I used to train him his life has been sad his two brothers died in accidents and his dad died of heart attack. So being the person I am after hearing of the accident called him got VM.

So $21 not bad you don't have to get dirty and the oil and filter will cost about the same.

Don't want to mislead you. The regular price for an Oil Can Henry's oil change and 15 point check-up is $39 plus $2 for recycling the old oil, totaling $41. I had a $10 off coupon. I paid $31 not $21. I still think it is worth it.

Your friend has been though hell, it seems. Of course as one gets older the likelihood of friends and relatives dying increases. When death is most shocking is when it is the result of an accident or an illness not related to old age. My nephew died in a car accident when he was 10 years old. My little sister died of oat cell lung cancer when she was barely 50 years old. These deaths were unexpected and hard to comprehend. 
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »

I LIKE THE MOVEMENTS AND DO ALL 3 U DO ,JUST NOT IN ONE DAY/SESSION Grin...I LIKE 2 MOVEMENTS AT TIMES I'LL DO EXTRA.

I forget your up north in Jersey right? I am down by Philly.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 22, 2013, 12:28:31 PM »

I forget your up north in Jersey right? I am down by Philly.
YEAH.WIFE WENT TO SCHOOL THERE.

$
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »

YEAH.WIFE WENT TO SCHOOL THERE.

Cool...stronger than the storm Grin
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »

took a cue from k bordner

i do calves 1st on delt day did standing calf raises

delts
fr press smith x4 with drop last set
did k bordners run the rack side delts 30/25/20/15 10 per x2 wicked pump
rear delt machine x3
bent over rear delt raise x2
uprights  pre made curl bar inner grip x3

shrugs front x3 and rear x2 on hammer chest press

forarms reverse curl x3,weighted rope rolls x3

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: August 23, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »

Thought I was going to work delts yesterday but got sidetracked. Instead I spent all afternoon touring the Northwest Natural 2013 Street of Dreams homes, http://www.streetofdreamspdx.com/. This is a fun gift I give myself every year since it takes place during my birthday month. I really enjoyed myself and the homes were filled with ideas that I cannot afford to use....but, so what. After 3 and a half hours of walking up and down stairs, my leg was killing me. All I could think of was coming home and stretching out in the recliner with ice on my ankle. So, no delts yesterday.

Today I got with the program and worked chest. It has been a month since my last pec workout. I decided to see if I could do what I did a month ago and I succeeded. -No increases in resistance or the number of sets or reps and yet I felt really good at the end the routine which I knocked off in about an hour. There is no sense in posting the details since they have been posted previously. Tomorrow is quads and calves....well see. The last time I did this routine it knocked me out of the game for over a week.

I see the doctor midweek next week to discuss surgery on my knee. At this point, my feeling is lets just do it. I am not getting better on my own and my knee and leg pain is totally sapping all my energy anyway which is destroying my workout routine. Something needs to change and change quick. I am done with this shit.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: August 23, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

Thought I was going to work delts yesterday but got sidetracked. Instead I spent all afternoon touring the Northwest Natural 2013 Street of Dreams homes, http://www.streetofdreamspdx.com/. This is a fun gift I give myself every year since it takes place during my birthday month. I really enjoyed myself and the homes were filled with ideas that I cannot afford to use....but, so what. After 3 and a half hours of walking up and down stairs, my leg was killing me. All I could think of was coming home and stretching out in the recliner with ice on my ankle. So, no delts yesterday.

Today I got with the program and worked chest. It has been a month since my last pec workout. I decided to see if I could do what I did a month ago and I succeeded. -No increases in resistance or the number of sets or reps and yet I felt really good at the end the routine which I knocked off in about an hour. There is no sense in posting the details since they have been posted previously. Tomorrow is quads and calves....well see. The last time I did this routine it knocked me out of the game for over a week.

I see the doctor midweek next week to discuss surgery on my knee. At this point, my feeling is lets just do it. I am not getting better on my own and my knee and leg pain is totally sapping all my energy anyway which is destroying my workout routine. Something needs to change and change quick. I am done with this shit.
pulling 4 ya jay....get better

$
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: August 24, 2013, 06:19:15 AM »

Major shoulder issues again....both...can't sleep.....I guess it's the price of getting old...Can't do dips at all right now.
Arms again...because I felt like it(Friday) 4iu Seros pre-workout.

cable preacher curls 4 sets
rope pushdowns with a pause at the bottom 4 sets
one arm cable preachers 3 sets
dip machine 4 sets
DB curls 3 sets
overhead cable extensions 4 sets
hammer curls 2 sets
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »

Major shoulder issues again....both...can't sleep.....I guess it's the price of getting old...Can't do dips at all right now.
Arms again...because I felt like it(Friday) 4iu Seros pre-workout.

cable preacher curls 4 sets
rope pushdowns with a pause at the bottom 4 sets
one arm cable preachers 3 sets
dip machine 4 sets
DB curls 3 sets
overhead cable extensions 4 sets
hammer curls 2 sets

My sister tore her rotator cuff doing dips. She has had problems with it ever since. Dips are a good exercise as long as they are done right and with resistance you can handle with good form.

Sounds like you better lay off the shoulder/delt work until you see the doctor and find out what is up with yours. You should not be in that much pain. It might be something minor, but better to know and take care of it before it becomes something major. Shoulder injuries are slow to heal.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3242 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »

My sister tore her rotator cuff doing dips. She has had problems with it ever since. Dips are a good exercise as long as they are done right and with resistance you can handle with good form.

Sounds like you better lay off the shoulder/delt work until you see the doctor and find out what is up with yours. You should not be in that much pain. It might be something minor, but better to know and take care of it before it becomes something major. Shoulder injuries are slow to heal.
Great advice Jay. I love Dips.. give the chest a great shape and not just the lower area.
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: August 24, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »

Good point....I already tore the left supraspinatus tendon and had that re-attached a few years ago. Of course it's the right one now. Really thought the GH would help. Dips and overhead presses are out for a while. Laterals seem to be fine. Upright rows are out too. 
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: August 24, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »

Great advice Jay. I love Dips.. give the chest a great shape and not just the lower area.

Lately, I have been using a Nautilus seated dip machine. In the past, I used the Nautilus weight assisted machine. Both offer the ability to really control the resistance which allows me to concentrate on the movement better. The seated version facilitates the most controlled movement of the two machines since there is almost no chance of swinging or changing the position of one's body. Some folks would argue that neither of these machines encourage going the limit on resistance, which they don't really. My question to you is do you think for dips to be really effective doing them heavy is necessary or do you think doing them with absolute control will work the muscle better?
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3245 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »

Lately, I have been using a Nautilus seated dip machine. In the past, I used the Nautilus weight assisted machine. Both offer the ability to really control the resistance which allows me to concentrate on the movement better. The seated version facilitates the most controlled movement of the two machines since there is almost no chance of swinging or changing the position of one's body. Some folks would argue that neither of these machines encourage going the limit on resistance, which they don't really. My question to you is do you think for dips to be really effective doing them heavy is necessary or do you think doing them with absolute control will work the muscle better?
I Train Dips with Body weight and pull ups too. I have used extra weight but i find superseting Dips with  push ups saves my Joints, Training Dips heavy is not always an answer to muscle growth. Most People cheat and do half reps...i work slow and concentrate. i also like muscle endurance and Speed so i Train for it.
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: August 24, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »

I rarely do dips after 2 people I know tore their pec. One was a chick. Undecided

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: August 24, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »

I rarely do dips after 2 people I know tore their pec. One was a chick. Undecided
there very effective for me ,but the catch is yrs ago i used some weight added ,now adays a no/no,i see young kids 2 45's strapped and doing some good reps ,props to them,again i do 15/20 2 sets end of chest work out ,amazing pump 4 me.sometimes cable crossovers/dip superset is nice finisher.

$
Wez
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: August 25, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »

Sunday morning Chest....4iu Seros pre-workout

incline DB press 4 sets 45/55/65/75
incline flys 3 sets 35
decline cable flys 3 sets 20 pause at bottom
smith machine flat bench drop sets 225/185/135 3 sets
pec deck ss with machine press 2 sets

protein drink and go home.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »

sat was a allaround upper body workout from home 2 sets of chest press/pulldowns inner underhand/reg pulldowns/triceps/cable curls on my machine and some lateral side dbell,shrugs with dbell ,,just pumping stuff ,family barbecue ,drank a tad/eat meat  Grin,,

sunday leg brutal

leg press 4 plates /5 pl/6 pl/7 pl,,,reps 12/12/10/10
squat close footed 225/275/315...12/10/10
lunges walking 80 and 90 lbs on back walk and walk....
extensions drops set x3 205 x10 then 195x8,,220 x10/190x8/repeat last set ...wicked pump

hams
stiff legged dlift 135x12/185x19,235x10/255x10
seated leg curls x3

calves seated calf raise 3 45's x15/3.5 plates x12/3.5 and 10 added x10
standing calf raise x3

$
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 189   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!