Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 19, 2014, 01:51:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 189   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 164362 times)
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: January 02, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »

Anyone setting goals for this year? For me I am going to keep it pretty simple, stay healthy and hang with a steady routine. I already know work is going to be a ball buster this year so my aim is consitency, slow steady progress. I have some numbers I would like to reach of course but staying with the workouts when work gets busy will probably be the biggest challenge.
A good post. maybe you can do an abbreviated routine when your very busy and will keep you "ticking over". when iīm very busy i do this and just concentrate on the important basic exercises. My goals are really pretty much the same as yours...i think a good goal is to try to be positive and keep healthy. Funny i met an old friend the other day who i have not seen for 9/10 years and he said iīm quieter.. Smiley
Report to moderator   Logged
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »

Anyone setting goals for this year? For me I am going to keep it pretty simple, stay healthy and hang with a steady routine. I already know work is going to be a ball buster this year so my aim is consitency, slow steady progress. I have some numbers I would like to reach of course but staying with the workouts when work gets busy will probably be the biggest challenge.

If you mean like making resolutions, then no. I don't believe in that. However, I do expect to get back into good exercise routine, which I have fallen away from in the past year. I am also going to try to keep it simple and not become obsessed with working out, like I've sometimes done in the past. At the grand old age of 68 with friends and family dropping like flies, I've concluded that variety is the spice of life. I will make every effort to live life to its fullest each and every day because one never knows which day will be their last one.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: January 02, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

If you mean like making resolutions, then no. I don't believe in that. However, I do expect to get back into good exercise routine, which I havefallen away from in the past year. I am also going to try to keep it simple and not become obsessed with working out, like I've sometimes done in the past. At the grand old age of 68 with friends and family dropping like flies, I've concluded that variety is the spice of life. I will make every effort to live life to its fullest each and every day because one never knows which day will be their last one.
prime...you will i am sure be around for a long Time  yet
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 02, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »

prime...you will i am sure be around for a long Time  yet

Not to be melodramatic or anything, but some days I would agree with you and sometimes I feel very old and tired.

Today, I found out that a cousin of mine just died a few days ago in his sleep. Armand was just 71 years old, two and a half years older than me. He was a farmer in the Midwest and he was hardy fellow. When I was a kid of seven and lived with these cousins, he was like my big brother. This part of my family are hardy people who live good clean uncomplicated lives for the most part. They should out live the rest of us.

Three days ago, a good friend's husband, who is younger than I am, fell and fractured his skull among other injuries. He was put on a permanent feeding tube today as well as other life support since he cannot breath on his own. Frankly, it doesn't look good for him.

A long time ago, a friend and fellow bodybuilder (actually he got me started bodybuilding) complained to me that you really start to realize how mortal you are when your contemporaries start dying. Well guess what? My contemporaries have been dying for some time now.

The weather was beautiful today as I drove around running errands. The sun was out and the air was crisp. I had my two puppies in the car with me. It was one of those days when you just want to live forever....but sadly, that isn't possible.

njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 02, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »

Not to be melodramatic or anything, but some days I would agree with you and sometimes I feel very old and tired.

Today, I found out that a cousin of mine just died a few days ago in his sleep. Armand was just 71 years old, two and a half years older than me. He was a farmer in the Midwest and he was hardy fellow. When I was a kid of seven and lived with these cousins, he was like my big brother. This part of my family are hardy people who live good clean uncomplicated lives for the most part. They should out live the rest of us.

Three days ago, a good friend's husband, who is younger than I am, fell and fractured his skull among other injuries. He was put on a permanent feeding tube today as well as other life support since he cannot breath on his own. Frankly, it doesn't look good for him.

A long time ago, a friend and fellow bodybuilder (actually he got me started bodybuilding) complained to me that you really start to realize how mortal you are when your contemporaries start dying. Well guess what? My contemporaries have been dying for some time now.

The weather was beautiful today as I drove around running errands. The sun was out and the air was crisp. I had my two puppies in the car with me. It was one of those days when you just want to live forever....but sadly, that isn't possible.

tough news,,,but your health is still ok considering prime,,,and think u never know you could go 10 20 more yrs to late 80's 90 like nothing,,,but yeah time passes very fast Undecided,,,

$
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »

so Today i wanted to use my bike and not my car..but itīs raining heavy today Sad. Maybe tonight when iīm home it will be ok to go for a run or walk...how are you feeling today Karen?
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »

so Today i wanted to use my bike and not my car..but itīs raining heavy today Sad. Maybe tonight when iīm home it will be ok to go for a run or walk...how are you feeling today Karen?
I haven't exercised in 3 days so am feeling very frustrated.  I am off to gym with a taped nose. 
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2013, 03:35:23 AM »

Cheer up Karen  Wink
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:52 AM »

Cheer up Karen  Wink
Easier said than done.   30 mins treadmill....
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: January 03, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »

Easier said than done.   30 mins treadmill....
proud of you Girl... Grin
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02:03 AM »

proud of you Girl... Grin
Haha thanks   Grin  I will tape my nose tonight before bed so that no swelling will occur and then tomorrow I will do the programme that I have.  I did notice that I got no additional swelling from my cardio with my nose taped so that is a good thing. 
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:06 PM »

tonight i went for an hour walk, was raining a bit but was very refreshing. Finished off with some Abs at home.. Basic crunches on the floor(feet flat on floor) 3 sets to failure and some twisting.
hrspwr1
Getbig III

flirtin with disaster everyday

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »

Had a good hike [light pack] yesterday, today was lifting. Bench, bb rows, curls and since the sun was out I carried the bar outside and did 3 sets of clean and press. Nice to be out in the sun. Followed that with a 20 min ride on the mountain bike for legs. For some reason my legs REALLY respond to that bike.
 Tomorrow is run and heavy bag.
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 03, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »

There was less swelling in my nose when I woke after a night of having it taped.  I am not sure if I am taping it correctly but since I have an appointment tomorrow with a surgeon he can tell me if it's right.  I will do my programme today and write it up afterwards. 
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »

On Saturday, we are having a big birthday party for my wife. Her sister and her husband are coming down from Seattle to put the party on at our house. So once again, my exercise has been to spend time in the yard making it perfect. My wife's sister is a master gardener. Just a little more to go and I'll have all the fall/winter clean-up done.

I was going to hit the gym on Wednesday, but I got caught up doing a bunch of errands and it was too late by the time I got home. That is probably okay since all the folks who made New Year's resolutions to get fit were probably crowding the gym. It is looking like next week is the week where I have no more excuses and I will be in the gym getting myself fit as a fiddle.
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 03, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »

So I took this programme out of Kranks training journal.  My times will be terrible but you have to start somewhere.  I didn't get all the reps for pushups...just couldn't do 21 reps so I did what I could.  My nose was throbbing afterwards where the incision was made which is between my nostrils.  Got a bit of mucus buildup as well.  

Pushing:  Push press, dips, pushups

reps 21 for each, then 15 reps for each and then 9 for each.

time:  8.30 mins 72 secs

Pull:  Pullups, curls  ( I did assisted pullup machine)

reps, same above  21,15,9

time:  6.22 mins 50 secs

I am going to go brisk walking outdoors later at around 6pm when the sun isn't as strong.  Will walk for one hour.  I just want that mental relaxation which walking gives me.

Edit:  I decided to not go brisk walking as my shoulders feel heavy and my body feels tired after that workout.  It's setting in.  Plus my nose is very blocked.  I will be in the kitchen instead making a nice spinach salad, potatoe bake and salmon.   Tongue
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »

I am going to take another programme from Kranks journal tomorrow.  I like that one where you do barbell back squats and then do a set of back extensions and repeat.  I know I would like this one. 
syntaxmachine
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:30 AM »

I'm a little over half the requisite age to participate in this thread; when should I go on PEDs?
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2013, 02:15:32 AM »

I'm a little over half the requisite age to participate in this thread; when should I go on PEDs?
How old are you because this thread is for anybody over 40 and there is a range of ages on here. 
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2013, 03:22:16 AM »

I am going to take another programme from Kranks journal tomorrow.  I like that one where you do barbell back squats and then do a set of back extensions and repeat.  I know I would like this one.  
yes why not karen.. who said anyone hast to train in a certain way? results are what matters. some great workouts on here from everyone. Itīs great to see this area of the Forum come alive on other threads too.
Had a good hike [light pack] yesterday, today was lifting. Bench, bb rows, curls and since the sun was out I carried the bar outside and did 3 sets of clean and press. Nice to be out in the sun. Followed that with a 20 min ride on the mountain bike for legs. For some reason my legs REALLY respond to that bike.
 Tomorrow is run and heavy bag.
i like the workout basic and outdoor too. clean and press i think i will do today in my shoulder and arm workout Smiley some great variety in workouts here from you all..good ideas for me too Wink
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2013, 03:25:19 AM »

yes why not karen.. who said anyone hast to train in a certain way? results are what matters. some great workouts on here from everyone. Itīs great to see this area of the Forum come alive on other threads too. i like the workout basic and outdoor too. clean and press i think i will do today in my shoulder and arm workout Smiley some great variety in workouts here from you all..good ideas for me too Wink
Yes it's good to mix it up and we can learn from each other.   Smiley 
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2013, 03:25:28 AM »

On Saturday, we are having a big birthday party for my wife. Her sister and her husband are coming down from Seattle to put the party on at our house. So once again, my exercise has been to spend time in the yard making it perfect. My wife's sister is a master gardener. Just a little more to go and I'll have all the fall/winter clean-up done.

I was going to hit the gym on Wednesday, but I got caught up doing a bunch of errands and it was too late by the time I got home. That is probably okay since all the folks who made New Year's resolutions to get fit were probably crowding the gym. It is looking like next week is the week where I have no more excuses and I will be in the gym getting myself fit as a fiddle.
I think its great that you keep busy prime..you are very much in demand by the sounds of it !
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2013, 03:26:41 AM »

Yes it's good to mix it up and we can learn from each other.   Smiley 
yes thatīs the idea to motivate each other and learn from each other...well put Karen.
syntaxmachine
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2013, 03:29:26 AM »

How old are you because this thread is for anybody over 40 and there is a range of ages on here. 

booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2013, 04:00:39 AM »

Welcome to the mature bunch.  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 189   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!