Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 19, 2014, 08:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 251   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 407789 times)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5100 on: July 03, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »

Do you find Stiff deads/Romanian Deads and hypers better than just doing Deadlifts ? With your back and legs you could lift a good weight. I know you Zero in on muscle Groups Steve. I know it depends on Ham glutes but still.
I LOVE ALL THOSE MOVEMENTS ROMANIAN DEADS ARE SAME AS GOOD MORNINGS?YEAH DEADS ARE LIKE SQUATS LOVE EM OR HATE EM AND FORM IS IMPORTANT,MAYBE I SHOULD..
Report to moderator   Logged

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5101 on: July 03, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »

I LOVE ALL THOSE MOVEMENTS ROMANIAN DEADS ARE SAME AS GOOD MORNINGS?YEAH DEADS ARE LIKE SQUATS LOVE EM OR HATE EM AND FORM IS IMPORTANT,MAYBE I SHOULD..
yes all good . Just different engagement  in the muscles. Both great .
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5102 on: July 04, 2014, 05:31:48 AM »

I will do Back tonight ..

Close grip chins 4-5 sets
BB Rows 3-4 sets
Seated Close grip rows 3-4 sets
straight arm BB Pullovers 3-4 sets ( i really like BB Pullovers)

The last 2 exercises i think ill superset them see how i feel. Doing Pullovers first then Close grip rowing.
The Scott
Getbig IV

Give us this day, our daily oyster...

« Reply #5103 on: July 04, 2014, 06:39:44 AM »

I am allowed to train again but only every few days and with very light weights in the range of 10  to 45 or so pounds for free weights and up to 100 pounds on such things as the lat pulldown machine and machine bench press. 

Four sets of 15 reps on lat pulldown.

Four sets of 15 reps on Smith machine rows.

Four sets of one arm DB rows, 15 reps each set/arm.

Four sets of curls with a straight bar.

Four sets of Scott ( Grin) bench curls, 15 reps each set.

Four sets each direction of cable wrist curls for forearms, 15 to 20 reps each set.

That was it on Tuesday and today I can train again and will do chest, shoulders and triceps.  My bodyweight has gone down about 40 pounds now and I will continue to drop down as required by my doctors.  Fun times, indeed.

I thought hard about writing this up here as the sets and weights are humiliating (not that I was ever super strong, mind you) but realized that my acceptance of being mortal again is perhaps an important component of my well being.  I am now 57 and still plan on being fit for as long as I live.  I look to one of my childhood heroes for inspiration, Dave Draper.  Still fit in his 70s.  If he can do it, so can we all.

Thanks gentlemen!
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5104 on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »

I am allowed to train again but only every few days and with very light weights in the range of 10  to 45 or so pounds for free weights and up to 100 pounds on such things as the lat pulldown machine and machine bench press. 

Four sets of 15 reps on lat pulldown.

Four sets of 15 reps on Smith machine rows.

Four sets of one arm DB rows, 15 reps each set/arm.

Four sets of curls with a straight bar.

Four sets of Scott ( Grin) bench curls, 15 reps each set.

Four sets each direction of cable wrist curls for forearms, 15 to 20 reps each set.

That was it on Tuesday and today I can train again and will do chest, shoulders and triceps.  My bodyweight has gone down about 40 pounds now and I will continue to drop down as required by my doctors.  Fun times, indeed.

I thought hard about writing this up here as the sets and weights are humiliating (not that I was ever super strong, mind you) but realized that my acceptance of being mortal again is perhaps an important component of my well being.  I am now 57 and still plan on being fit for as long as I live.  I look to one of my childhood heroes for inspiration, Dave Draper.  Still fit in his 70s.  If he can do it, so can we all.

Thanks gentlemen!
Good to see you back  Smiley Yeah Dave Draper is a cool Guy.
The Scott
Getbig IV

« Reply #5105 on: July 04, 2014, 07:15:59 AM »

Good to see you back  Smiley Yeah Dave Draper is a cool Guy.

Thanks!  I've been training consistently for nearly forty years with layoffs for illness/injury only.  I've met Dave and he is indeed, a great guy. His wife I have only spoken with, but she is a sweetheart of a woman and they compliment on another well.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5106 on: July 04, 2014, 07:22:58 AM »

Thanks!  I've been training consistently for nearly forty years with layoffs for illness/injury only.  I've met Dave and he is indeed, a great guy. His wife I have only spoken with, but she is a sweetheart of a woman and they compliment on another well.
your workout Looks fine to me. Are you Training everything 2x a week old School style or once a week. i take it once a week as you wrote you will Train every few Days. Long time 40 years, bet you have seen some cool things along the way. would be great to hear a few stories.
The Scott
Getbig IV

« Reply #5107 on: July 04, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »

your workout Looks fine to me. Are you Training everything 2x a week old School style or once a week. i take it once a week as you wrote you will Train every few Days. Long time 40 years, bet you have seen some cool things along the way. would be great to hear a few stories.

Right now I will train all body parts once a week.  As for stories, I have a few.  I somewhat resemble Draper and we met at a contest he was judging at the high school I attended back in the mid 70s.  He was of course, much bigger than I especially so his bone structure with wrists that are quite large.  When we ran into one another it was almost like a mirror albeit a fun-house version if you will.  I looked at him in amazement and he looked right back at me in terror.

I said, "You look like me!"  His reply was, "I'm older.  You look like me."  My mom used to tell  me we were related when I was around 10 or so, but later told me it was just to give me something to aspire to.  It worked.  I was in Tijuana in the late 70s and got swamped by a crowd of itty bitty Mexicans chanting "Dafe!  Dafe!  Dafe Drapers!"  It wasn't that I didn't have the heart to tell them they were wrong, I don't speak Spanish.

Those guys loved Dave and who can blame them, he really is a fine gentleman.

njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5108 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:57 AM »

the scott is great guy ,great old stories insight.

delts
seated press machine narrow grips elbows tuck in a bit x4
cable side laterals'change it up'pulled hi as well above delts a bit x4
upright db rows 'digging these lately'30/35/40 sets 10/12 reps
rear lateral raises db 25/30/30/30 sets 10

shrugs lot of trap work today.
close inner grip x3 225/275/295
reverse x2 225/275 x15 reps i like these too..
2 sets db to sides 85/90

i like a classic side chest 'i think i hit well at times  Smiley...i have maintained some good thickness for someone about to turn 46'not enhanced'no hrt/trt.

* IMG6097.jpg (110.43 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 71 times.)

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5109 on: July 04, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »

the scott is great guy ,great old stories insight.

delts
seated press machine narrow grips elbows tuck in a bit x4
cable side laterals'change it up'pulled hi as well above delts a bit x4
upright db rows 'digging these lately'30/35/40 sets 10/12 reps
rear lateral raises db 25/30/30/30 sets 10

shrugs lot of trap work today.
close inner grip x3 225/275/295
reverse x2 225/275 x15 reps i like these too..
2 sets db to sides 85/90

i like a classic side chest 'i think i hit well at times  Smiley...i have maintained some good thickness for someone about to turn 46'not enhanced'no hrt/trt.
looking Great Steve.. yes looking Forward to Hearing some stories from Scott... Grin so now im going to hit my back. its warm today.. well warm for me.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5110 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:58 AM »

looking Great Steve.. yes looking Forward to Hearing some stories from Scott... Grin so now im going to hit my back. its warm today.. well warm for me.
yeah x2...todays is july 4th here'independence day'forgot to mention last night tremendous down purs due to extreme humidity and flooding within minutes major hiways blocked off it took me 45 minutes to get close to gym 'its 10 minutes usually'so i get to street i go down to get to block by gym i see water lots  Undecided..stupidly i must say i drove through it and 3/4 way in car studders i'm like fuk i knew it too deep,konks out and smoking front and rear pipes'check engine /catalytic failure,studdering,i wait 5 minutes it starts right when this young girl 'not kidding'hot in shorts and tank top says i will help push it  Cheesy...i say thanks i'm ok and it rolled slowly out and i parked for good 10 minutes to clean out it was smoking bad real bad.its running fine today/check engine light off,,its a bmw they are strong cars but all the electronics are fuking crazy in them..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5111 on: July 04, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »

yeah x2...todays is july 4th here'independence day'forgot to mention last night tremendous down purs due to extreme humidity and flooding within minutes major hiways blocked off it took me 45 minutes to get close to gym 'its 10 minutes usually'so i get to street i go down to get to block by gym i see water lots  Undecided..stupidly i must say i drove through it and 3/4 way in car studders i'm like fuk i knew it too deep,konks out and smoking front and rear pipes'check engine /catalytic failure,studdering,i wait 5 minutes it starts right when this young girl 'not kidding'hot in shorts and tank top says i will help push it  Cheesy...i say thanks i'm ok and it rolled slowly out and i parked for good 10 minutes to clean out it was smoking bad real bad.its running fine today/check engine light off,,its a bmw they are strong cars but all the electronics are fuking crazy in them..
Mate get yourself a Land Rover..  Grin
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5112 on: July 04, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

Mate get yourself a Land Rover..  Grin
Tongue...rovers bad rep in usa...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5113 on: July 04, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »

Tongue...rovers bad rep in usa...
yeah really ? loved cross Country driving in them. Rip through almost anything.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5114 on: July 04, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »

yeah really ? loved cross Country driving in them. Rip through almost anything.
i believe it,,rep here is oilleaks/major electrical issues and again depending who was owning them or partnered buissness wise like jaguar same thing british/ford/bmw all involved over the years..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5115 on: July 04, 2014, 08:55:19 AM »

i believe it,,rep here is oilleaks/major electrical issues and again depending who was owning them or partnered buissness wise like jaguar same thing british/ford/bmw all involved over the years..
they were good for our purposes. even welded an ACL on the back for laying phone cables and line...all good fun.

* $_35.jpg (19.74 KB, 300x225 - viewed 67 times.)

* 89_DSC00276.jpg (35.56 KB, 550x413 - viewed 69 times.)

* 110-bikinicab-03.jpg (24.92 KB, 617x384 - viewed 65 times.)
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5116 on: July 04, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »

When I was working I had a brand new company car every three years.  I didn't need a car for myself except to buy a six pack or go to the park for a run. I drove a 17 year old Toyota Tercel. Every time I turned the key it turned on. No repairs outside of brakes maintenance during that time.

It was a wicked down pour years back in Toms River, New Jersey. I came around a curve and the water was deep down this street. There were cars stuck every where. A jacked up pick up truck went through it and the two guys in it yelled at the top of the lungs when they made it. Believe it or not I was pissed at the thought of going out of my way for a detour and I started driving. The car was smoking stream and making a dying sound. I told myself how foolish I was. The motor kept chugging but dying. All of a sudden the water was getting lower and the engine started to come back to life. The guys in the pick up truck just looked like they saw a Kangaroo bouncing a basketball as I made it through. I sold that car to a college kid buying a new car and it's still running perfect. It's about 21 years old now. 
The Scott
Getbig IV

« Reply #5117 on: July 04, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »

When I was working I had a brand new company car every three years.  I didn't need a car for myself except to buy a six pack or go to the park for a run. I drove a 17 year old Toyota Tercel. Every time I turned the key it turned on. No repairs outside of brakes maintenance during that time.

It was a wicked down pour years back in Toms River, New Jersey. I came around a curve and the water was deep down this street. There were cars stuck every where. A jacked up pick up truck went through it and the two guys in it yelled at the top of the lungs when they made it. Believe it or not I was pissed at the thought of going out of my way for a detour and I started driving. The car was smoking stream and making a dying sound. I told myself how foolish I was. The motor kept chugging but dying. All of a sudden the water was getting lower and the engine started to come back to life. The guys in the pick up truck just looked like they saw a Kangaroo bouncing a basketball as I made it through. I sold that car to a college kid buying a new car and it's still running perfect. It's about 21 years old now. 

Sweet!  Great little cars, those Toyotas.  My sister still has her '74 Corolla. 
The Scott
Getbig IV

« Reply #5118 on: July 04, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »

Four sets of 15 reps on vertical machine bench press.

Four sets of 15 reps on pec dec.

Four sets of 15 reps DB laterals.

It hurt too much to even try and do shoulder presses with 12 lb. DBs.  Damnit!

Four sets of tricep pushdowns, 15 reps per set.

I wanted to do more and to be even more honest I really miss my H.I.T. training but I cannot risk either right now.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5119 on: July 04, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »

4th july fireworks in jersey...

* IMG6123.jpg (145.71 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 59 times.)

* IMG6125.jpg (155.64 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 60 times.)

* IMG6130.jpg (142.36 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 62 times.)

* IMG6141.jpg (178.67 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 60 times.)

$
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5120 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »

more...

* IMG6139.jpg (162.33 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 63 times.)

* IMG6117.jpg (179.94 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 63 times.)

* IMG6141.jpg (178.67 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 63 times.)

* IMG6125.jpg (155.64 KB, 864x1536 - viewed 66 times.)

$
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5121 on: July 05, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »

It was rainy day yesterday for the 4th. They are having the fireworks at the shore here today. We know a great spot where the fire works seem to explode right over head.

Changing things up as I do almost weekly. Trained chest and bicep today. Very disgusted that I can't do any pressing with any serious weight due to my bad shoulder. I just do what I can do but it's almost embarrassing using light weights for pressing. I feel I'm seriously down in the muscle department but I look fit.  Sad

After I lifted I  went for 3.1 mile run.  Saw a slightly chubby girl running toward me in a sheer sports bra top.  Wink Made me run with a smile for awhile. Nice boobs has that effect on me.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5122 on: July 05, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »

leg day'heavy'

hack squats
1 plate warm x20...3/4/5/6..haven't done 6 in a while..reps 12/12/10//7
lying leg sled 200/220/240/260 12/12/10/10
walking lunges x2 80lb bar on back
extensions 205/220/235 sets 12

hams
sldl135/185/235/235
lying leg curls 140/150/155

seated calf raise
3 plates.3.5/3.5/3.5 12-15 slow stretch to top.with heavier weight sets did 8 reps full and 4-5 strtched heel down then came to level position 'cheat or half reps'

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5123 on: July 06, 2014, 01:23:07 AM »

4th july fireworks in jersey...
well i hope my Americano Bros had a great time... nice pics Steve. Today i will just go for a run and then just mellow out.. Sundays are Boring...
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #5124 on: July 06, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »

squats   3 sets

leg presses  3 sets

leg extensions  3 sets

unilateral leg curls  3 sets

lying leg curls   3 sets

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 251   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!