Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 20, 2014, 09:57:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 251   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 409517 times)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5250 on: July 23, 2014, 05:13:40 AM »

Vince G was pretty extreme with his training & nutrition regimens. Every now and then I read his interviews/articles in Ironman magazine (early nineties when it was a good magazine, not that piece of crap it is today). Imagine him on this forum, damn... RIP Vince
I believe that 45 mins has a near perfect volume/intensity balance, esp with short rest intervals.

2 days later... and my pecs, vastus medialis ('teardrop') and hamstrings are pretty sore. Will I perform those 10x10 deads this evening? Not sure yet...
I have a ton of old mag's in basement 87/2000's ..gironda was interesting ,I like bench press to neck at times.ironman/musclemag was great in 90's
Report to moderator   Logged

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5251 on: July 23, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »

i had a pile of mags too Steve...till my wife threw them out Roll Eyes loved reading all the articles. lucky i cut out the best ones and still have it all in a Folder. preserved for eternity Grin
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

Where are my brave brothers and sisters?

« Reply #5252 on: July 23, 2014, 05:37:17 AM »

I have a ton of old mag's in basement 87/2000's ..gironda was interesting ,I like bench press to neck at times.ironman/musclemag was great in 90's

Wow, sounds like a schmoe's library  Grin
Guillotine presses are a stable in my trainer's chest routine, so my delts are toasted as well at the end of a workout. All chest work is done on flat benches, which is different from my own workouts.
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5253 on: July 23, 2014, 05:38:19 AM »

i had a pile of mags too Steve...till my wife threw them out Roll Eyes loved reading all the articles. lucky i cut out the best ones and still have it all in a Folder. preserved for eternity Grin

WHY?!  Angry
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5254 on: July 23, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »

WHY?!  Angry
I still have loads of books and Videos ( Videos from the dark Ages) Wink
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5255 on: July 23, 2014, 06:22:58 AM »

I still have loads of books and Videos ( Videos from the dark Ages) Wink

That's sweet, but I still wonder why she did that.
Love is nothing without acceptance, and accepting someone's passion is part of that.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5256 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »

Wow, sounds like a schmoe's library  Grin
Guillotine presses are a stable in my trainer's chest routine, so my delts are toasted as well at the end of a workout. All chest work is done on flat benches, which is different from my own workouts.
lol...your dutch D.P. RIGHT?

$
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5257 on: July 23, 2014, 07:31:22 AM »

lol...your dutch D.P. RIGHT?

Yes, and it's a sad day here. Two planes with the MH17 victims have just been arrived. A woman from my gym -well, the ladies-only branch- is one of them.. Undecided
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5258 on: July 23, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »

Yes, and it's a sad day here. Two planes with the MH17 victims have just been arrived. A woman from my gym -well, the ladies-only branch- is one of them.. Undecided
SAD...Berry Demay was one of my favorites from then by far ,did you ever seem him around or guest posing?

$
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5259 on: July 23, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »

SAD...Berry Demay was one of my favorites from then by far ,did you ever seem him around or guest posing?

Mine as well, one of my inspirations when I started training. I saw him 2 times (as guest poser and speaker) during the mid nineties and had a nice chat with him during a local show last year, down to earth & approachable guy.
I've also trained for a short time in the same gym, but only saw Erika Mes, here with Berry de Mey.

njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5260 on: July 23, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »

Mine as well, one of my inspirations when I started training. I saw him 2 times (as guest poser and speaker) during the mid nineties and had a nice chat with him during a local show last year, down to earth & approachable guy.
I've also trained for a short time in the same gym, but only saw Erika Mes, here with Berry de Mey.

THATS AWESOME..GUY HAD IT ALL AND WAS PRETTY LARGE/BALANCED AND ACTUALLY DIETED EXTREME FOR 88 LOOK WHICH HE WAS PEELED BUT SMALLER THAN 85/87 AND 91/94,,GREAT BBER

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5261 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »

That's sweet, but I still wonder why she did that.
Love is nothing without acceptance, and accepting someone's passion is part of that.
my wife is a very house proud woman. Religious too. Sometimes i wonder what the Hell she saw in a Crazy Guy like me. i really do not deserve her i know that.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5262 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

Nice pic.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5263 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:58 PM »

back/bi/abs home training ....very hot in basement soaked

pulldowns behind back 'classic'x4 12/12/10/10
seated lower cable rows x3 short straight bar
standing rverse grip pulls to waist 'slight torso bend/stretch'x3 10 reps per
db rows x3 done both hands together
underhanded close grip pulldowns to front pull to chin squeeze for upper back

bis
curl bar curls x3 set 10
db curls 45/45/45 sets 8/10
seated hammer conentration curls x3
2 sets 8/8 reps close grip curls half up/then top to middle portion

back was pumped/thick 'pic a liitle blurry and reg front shot ..

* IMG6303.jpg (25.98 KB, 269x291 - viewed 107 times.)

* IMG6288.jpg (54.45 KB, 295x412 - viewed 109 times.)

* IMG6233.jpg (95.76 KB, 720x1280 - viewed 106 times.)

$
wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

« Reply #5264 on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:23 PM »

Damn Steve,you look great buddy.

Should hit up a masters contest.....if you don`t do it,you`ll soon be sleeping with the fishes!  Grin

Seriously,big props my friend.  Wink
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #5265 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:18 PM »

Steve is one of the most dedicated folks here. I absolutely agree that he deserves all the recognition he can get.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5266 on: July 23, 2014, 09:00:01 PM »

Damn Steve,you look great buddy.

Should hit up a masters contest.....if you don`t do it,you`ll soon be sleeping with the fishes!  Grin

Seriously,big props my friend.  Wink
Wink..coming from u thats as good as it gets...miss wes here ...

$
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5267 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:48 PM »

Steve is one of the most dedicated folks here. I absolutely agree that he deserves all the recognition he can get.
thanks jay,,trying to get your legs ready for a posedwon..

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #5268 on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »

thanks jay,,trying to get your legs ready for a posedwon..

I wish I could say I was doing this Steve. I think my legs are atrophying at this point. I have been so lax at hitting the gym lately. All my focus has been on my wife's health and on the remodeling project we are trying to get going on our house.

I committed to spending $150,000 to make this dump work for three generations, so that our daughter and her husband are quilted into taking care of Margie and me when the time comes that we cannot take care of ourselves. As it turns out, raising the money (securing a loan) was the easy part. The project was supposed to commence last Monday. Due to the availability of the flooring we've chosen, it won't start for another two weeks. I suspect I will be in Germany for my granddaughter's wedding at the height of this phase of the remodeling project. Maybe this is a good thing, since my doctor recently diagnosed me with high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation and because remodeling is more stressful than I had imagined.

I am sure my heart would be just fine if I just got my lazy ass back in the gym. I keep hanging out on Getbig because people like you are such an inspiration. The other day my daughter expressed concern because she thinks my health is not what it once was, (she's right about that). At least I am not turning into some fat blob. In contrast, I keep getting leaner. I demonstrated how I could pull my chinos off with ease while not unbuttoning them just this morning. It was kind of a fun demonstration actually....better than having a spare tire hanging over my belt, huh?

Anyway, long reply short, thanks for reminding me that I'd suggested we engage in a leg development contest. You are my motivation. I have not conceded yet. Still hanging in there.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5269 on: July 24, 2014, 03:08:27 AM »

totally agree Steve is a top guy
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5270 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:51 AM »

I wish I could say I was doing this Steve. I think my legs are atrophying at this point. I have been so lax at hitting the gym lately. All my focus has been on my wife's health and on the remodeling project we are trying to get going on our house.

I committed to spending $150,000 to make this dump work for three generations, so that our daughter and her husband are quilted into taking care of Margie and me when the time comes that we cannot take care of ourselves. As it turns out, raising the money (securing a loan) was the easy part. The project was supposed to commence last Monday. Due to the availability of the flooring we've chosen, it won't start for another two weeks. I suspect I will be in Germany for my granddaughter's wedding at the height of this phase of the remodeling project. Maybe this is a good thing, since my doctor recently diagnosed me with high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation and because remodeling is more stressful than I had imagined.

I am sure my heart would be just fine if I just got my lazy ass back in the gym. I keep hanging out on Getbig because people like you are such an inspiration. The other day my daughter expressed concern because she thinks my health is not what it once was, (she's right about that). At least I am not turning into some fat blob. In contrast, I keep getting leaner. I demonstrated how I could pull my chinos off with ease while not unbuttoning them just this morning. It was kind of a fun demonstration actually....better than having a spare tire hanging over my belt, huh?

Anyway, long reply short, thanks for reminding me that I'd suggested we engage in a leg development contest. You are my motivation. I have not conceded yet. Still hanging in there.
lol..ur a good man/dad/gradndfather,,,that's all u could do..nice job man..my dad turned 71 today....

$
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5271 on: July 24, 2014, 06:15:13 AM »

THATS AWESOME..GUY HAD IT ALL AND WAS PRETTY LARGE/BALANCED AND ACTUALLY DIETED EXTREME FOR 88 LOOK WHICH HE WAS PEELED BUT SMALLER THAN 85/87 AND 91/94,,GREAT BBER

'88 was his year with a 3rd placing at the 'O in LA.
Yes, he had it all, almost flawless, just like Bob Paris.

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5272 on: July 25, 2014, 01:30:28 AM »

will do arms tonight..

BB curls 3 sets
Incline DB curls 3 sets
concentration curls 3 sets

Lying BB tri extensions 3 sets
Incline Bench BB tri extensions 3 sets
One arm pulley pressdown (reverse grip) 3 sets

Forearms: Reverse grip ez bar preacher curl 3 sets

Abs: Crunches Superset with Bench leg raises

Cardio: 15 mins cross Trainer,15 mins Bike, 10 mins Rowing.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5273 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:55 AM »

'88 was his year with a 3rd placing at the 'O in LA.
Yes, he had it all, almost flawless, just like Bob Paris.

agree... bob Paris looked great !
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

« Reply #5274 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:02 AM »

will do arms tonight..

BB curls 3 sets
Incline DB curls 3 sets
concentration curls 3 sets

Lying BB tri extensions 3 sets
Incline Bench BB tri extensions 3 sets
One arm pulley pressdown (reverse grip) 3 sets

Forearms: Reverse grip ez bar preacher curl 3 sets

Abs: Crunches Superset with Bench leg raises

Cardio: 15 mins cross Trainer,15 mins Bike, 10 mins Rowing.

Sounds like POF (Positions of Flexion) training, smart!
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 251   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!