Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 26, 2014, 07:08:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 247   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 386986 times)
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5475 on: August 11, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »

A friend of mine is a big fan of the South Carolina cocks football team. I know some of you are from England and Scotland. The Cock refers to fighting male chickens.  It's there mascot. My friend is always talking about the cocks. I really try not to burst out laughing.
yeah..sorry man but i could not resist posting it... Cheesy
Report to moderator   Logged
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5476 on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »

Trained entire body again. Just going to run a short two miles tomorrow on my off day. Really felt broken down last week. Way to much running when combined with lifting left me feeling horrible. Just going to see how 2 miles feels on my off day. I should take a complete break for a week but I'm too nuts to do that.

njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5477 on: August 11, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »

chest/tri/abs @home..
warmed then went right to work sets like oldtimer..
chest press seated wide grip x2 sets 10

inner side grip x2x10

inc db press x2 x10

db flye flat supeset with db pullover x2

fdb press turn hands in at palms face supeset decline pushups x2

tris
pushdowns x3

superset incline close grip skull cushers with close grip press

kick backs x2

old school bench feet propped up dips x3

abs
floor crunches superset with lying leg raises x3

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5478 on: August 12, 2014, 01:21:07 AM »

Trained entire body again. Just going to run a short two miles tomorrow on my off day. Really felt broken down last week. Way to much running when combined with lifting left me feeling horrible. Just going to see how 2 miles feels on my off day. I should take a complete break for a week but I'm too nuts to do that.

i like to throw in some cycling too with running.  really works the muscles around the knee. I think it helps prevent joint pain. well it helps me. so tonight i will do legs..

i think i will try a stevo Giant set tonight as i will be working out fairly late before we close so will need to work fast. training Antagonistic muscles.

Squats
Seated Leg Curls
Leg Press
stiff legged Dead lifts

Calves i will do time permitting and the Giant set might also include leg extensions. sets at least 3 if time permits 4-5 per exercise.

This type of Giant set is not so intense as training a single muscle group but i like working opposite muscles together at times. Legs, arms, chest/back perfect.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5479 on: August 12, 2014, 04:04:04 AM »

chest/tri/abs @home..

inner side grip x2x10

inc db press x2 x10

tris
pushdowns x3

kick backs x2

abs

Like I said before I haven't got all the answers. I just find if I hit two work sets with one non taxing warm up set and no warm up  as I hit the second exercise for a body part I can use heavier weight than spinning my wheels with two or three sets of sub maximal sets before pyramiding to that top weight. Of course something like leg presses and squats might take more than one warm up set. Tell me what you think about it Njflex. We all know there is no one way to train or optimal way to train for everyone or we would all be on the same program.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5480 on: August 12, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »

i like to throw in some cycling too with running.  really works the muscles around the knee. I think it helps prevent joint pain. well it helps me. so tonight i will do legs..

i think i will try a stevo Giant set tonight as i will be working out fairly late before we close so will need to work fast. training Antagonistic muscles.

Squats
Seated Leg Curls
Leg Press
stiff legged Dead lifts

Calves i will do time permitting and the Giant set might also include leg extensions. sets at least 3 if time permits 4-5 per exercise.

This type of Giant set is not so intense as training a single muscle group but i like working opposite muscles together at times. Legs, arms, chest/back perfect.

I think this is the first summer I didn't throw in some bike riding. Never injured myself on a bike unless I crashed.  Grin  Great form of cardio. I'm not a very good cyclist but I if I go out for an hour ride I try to never coast but keep pedaling the entire way. I never feel the weakness from cycling that can feel sometimes from a hard distance run. Don't understand the underlining reasons why.  I use to ride a racing type bike but the comfort for me was terrible. Now I use a really nice hybrid bike. I go a lot slower with the thicker tires and upright seating position but I am working out with the same effort so the comfort is worth it to me.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5481 on: August 12, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »

Like I said before I haven't got all the answers. I just find if I hit two work sets with one non taxing warm up set and no warm up  as I hit the second exercise for a body part I can use heavier weight than spinning my wheels with two or three sets of sub maximal sets before pyramiding to that top weight. Of course something like leg presses and squats might take more than one warm up set. Tell me what you think about it Njflex. We all know there is no one way to train or optimal way to train for everyone or we would all be on the same program.
I hear ya,,,I like that u have that nice home gym,i go to gym but I have a home set up which is enough if I tax myself with supersets or pump type rep sets I can get by ,I have 3 kids and wife that works nites if I have no sitter or she's on schedule I have to train at home ,otherwise 4 days at gym no problem.i work around it and never get stale so its working

$
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5482 on: August 12, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »

I hear ya,,,I like that u have that nice home gym,i go to gym but I have a home set up which is enough if I tax myself with supersets or pump type rep sets I can get by ,I have 3 kids and wife that works nites if I have no sitter or she's on schedule I have to train at home ,otherwise 4 days at gym no problem.i work around it and never get stale so its working

I hear you on having difficultly with work and family. I had a lot of obstacles such as working revolving shifts. Working steady nights. Driving 105 miles to work at 3:30AM. With my 4 kids it wasn't always easy getting the workouts in. Luckily my job in quite few locations have gyms that I would hit when work allowed. Combining that with my home gym I always got the workouts in. I think the most difficult was the night shift. I always felt exhausted and sleep deprived.

Now that I'm retired I find I have all the time in the world but sometimes when you are the most busy you can paradoxically get the most productive workouts in. Larry Scott once wrote in effect, "During my prime I worked a 8 hour shift. I then hit the gym for two hours then went to night school." He said they were the most productive workouts he ever had.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5483 on: August 12, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

I hear you on having difficultly with work and family. I had a lot of obstacles such as working revolving shifts. Working steady nights. Driving 105 miles to work at 3:30AM. With my 4 kids it wasn't always easy getting the workouts in. Luckily my job in quite few locations have gyms that I would hit when work allowed. Combining that with my home gym I always got the workouts in. I think the most difficult was the night shift. I always felt exhausted and sleep deprived.

Now that I'm retired I find I have all the time in the world but sometimes when you are the most busy you can paradoxically get the most productive workouts in. Larry Scott once wrote in effect, "During my prime I worked a 8 hour shift. I then hit the gym for two hours then went to night school." He said they were the most productive workouts he ever had.
I NEVER MISS.. I LOVE TRAINING,,, GET IT IN SOMEHOW..

$
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #5484 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »

arm work this eve:

rope pushdowns   4 sets

pullover press  4 sets

overhead rope extensions   4 sets

standing ez bar curls   4 sets

one arm preacher curls  4 sets

hammer rope curls  4 sets
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5485 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:37 AM »

arm work this eve:

rope pushdowns   4 sets

pullover press  4 sets

overhead rope extensions   4 sets

standing ez bar curls   4 sets

one arm preacher curls  4 sets

hammer rope curls  4 sets
Nice work George Smiley i like the Pullover+press
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5486 on: August 13, 2014, 05:31:24 AM »

day off yesterday ...train tonite ..

sample my eating day today

meal 1 ate already whole wheat pita with eggbeaters/PEPPERS/TURKEY..Coffee italian roast  with fat free hazelnut creamer 'sweet tooth'

rest of workday packed
greek yogurt vanilla/scoop choc whey/banana

tuna made with low fat Italian dressing/whole wheat bread
wheat crackers
cup blueberries
peach
cherry /pomegranate snack bar
vitamin water

dinner????and after workout meal to be determined...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5487 on: August 13, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »

A friend of mine is a big fan of the South Carolina cocks football team. I know some of you are from England and Scotland. The Cock refers to fighting male chickens.  It's there mascot. My friend is always talking about the cocks. I really try not to burst out laughing.
Go the South Carolina Cocks... get your friend this t shirt ... Grin

* smallcockug9.jpg (84.66 KB, 357x500 - viewed 31 times.)

* thOAUUF76G.jpg (16.46 KB, 234x300 - viewed 24 times.)
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5488 on: August 13, 2014, 08:03:07 AM »

day off yesterday ...train tonite ..

sample my eating day today

meal 1 ate already whole wheat pita with eggbeaters/PEPPERS/TURKEY..Coffee italian roast  with fat free hazelnut creamer 'sweet tooth'

rest of workday packed
greek yogurt vanilla/scoop choc whey/banana

tuna made with low fat Italian dressing/whole wheat bread
wheat crackers
cup blueberries
peach
cherry /pomegranate snack bar
vitamin water

dinner????and after workout meal to be determined...
looks good Steve .. so iīm doing a Home Back workout later.

Warm up jumping rope..
wide grip front chins 3-4 sets
BB Bent over rows 3-4 sets
BB Pullovers 3-4 sets
Upright rows 3 sets

No cardio tonight.  maybe do some rowing with the Band i got the other Day..play around a bit
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #5489 on: August 13, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »

Nice work George Smiley i like the Pullover+press
the pullover press is out of this world!!!

sensational pump in the tris!!!
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5490 on: August 13, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »

the pullover press is out of this world!!!

sensational pump in the tris!!!
even just doing a pullover i feel my triceps working but with a press itīs a hard exercise...
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #5491 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:24 AM »

chest/tri/abs @home..

inner side grip x2x10

inc db press x2 x10

tris
pushdowns x3

kick backs x2

abs

looking solid steverino!
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5492 on: August 14, 2014, 05:43:12 AM »

Shoulders and Cardio later.

Giant Set ..

Dumbbell Circle Raises 3 sets
DB side Raises 3 sets
Lying one arm rear DB raises(really like these) 3sets
DB seated Press 3sets.

Dumbbell Circle is a very interesting exercise that really infact works the whole Delts. Gironda Exercise.
Cardio : Running

* 003.jpg (50.13 KB, 333x500 - viewed 89 times.)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5493 on: August 14, 2014, 06:19:30 AM »

DELT/BI AT HOME....1 DAY AT HOME I DON'T MIND BUT 2 GOOD GYM BODYPARTS CHEST/DELT/ARMS I HAD AT HOME,,BACK AND LEGS WILL BE DONE AT GYM...WIFE WORK SCHEDULE AT NIGHT THREW ME OFF THIS WEEK,NO EXTRA BABYSITTING AT NIGHT THIS WEEK,,

DELTS 'I DID OK FOR HOME'ANYWAY SAME EXACT EXERCISES AND CLOSE TO TOP WEIGHT I DO AT GYM..

STARTED SIDE RAISES DROPS 'MY FAVORITE'30/20/15 X3 SHOOT FOR 10 REPS PER DROP 'KILLER PUMP
CABLE UPRIGHT ROWS X3
FRONT RAISES CURL BAR UNDERHAND GRIP'
BENT OVER REAR DELT RAISES 30 LB DBELLS X4
FRONT ARNOLD TWIST PRESSES FACE IN AND TURN OUTWARDS AT TOP..45/45/50 10/10/7 'TOASTED BY THESES LOL...

BI'S
CABLE CURL CLOSE GRIP X3 REPPED HIGHER ON THESE 15/15/10 I THINK LAST WAS LOWEST
SEATED DB CURLS WITH 45'S 8-10 LAST SET DID 45-6 GRABBED 30'S FOR 8..3 SETS TOTAL
DB 30'S CONCENTRATION ON INNER LEG FOR SUPPORT I USE HAMMER GRIP ON THESE'SAW A PRO DOING THEM ON A VIDEO'THERE GOOD.
CURL BAR WIDE FINISHED X3 CURLS TOP TO SLIGHLTY BELOW HALWAY POINT 'PARTIALS TO KEEP STRESS ON BI'

MY BASEMENT IS STEAMING TOTALLY SOAKED THATS THE GOOD PART'LIKE ROCKY 4'LOL...

BACK WITH TRAPS 2 NITE....TRAPS USUALLY DONE WITH DELTS SO GOOD CHANGE WITH BACK 2 NITE..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5494 on: August 14, 2014, 06:29:21 AM »

DELT/BI AT HOME....1 DAY AT HOME I DON'T MIND BUT 2 GOOD GYM BODYPARTS CHEST/DELT/ARMS I HAD AT HOME,,BACK AND LEGS WILL BE DONE AT GYM...WIFE WORK SCHEDULE AT NIGHT THREW ME OFF THIS WEEK,NO EXTRA BABYSITTING AT NIGHT THIS WEEK,,

DELTS 'I DID OK FOR HOME'ANYWAY SAME EXACT EXERCISES AND CLOSE TO TOP WEIGHT I DO AT GYM..

STARTED SIDE RAISES DROPS 'MY FAVORITE'30/20/15 X3 SHOOT FOR 10 REPS PER DROP 'KILLER PUMP
CABLE UPRIGHT ROWS X3
FRONT RAISES CURL BAR UNDERHAND GRIP'
BENT OVER REAR DELT RAISES 30 LB DBELLS X4
FRONT ARNOLD TWIST PRESSES FACE IN AND TURN OUTWARDS AT TOP..45/45/50 10/10/7 'TOASTED BY THESES LOL...

BI'S
CABLE CURL CLOSE GRIP X3 REPPED HIGHER ON THESE 15/15/10 I THINK LAST WAS LOWEST
SEATED DB CURLS WITH 45'S 8-10 LAST SET DID 45-6 GRABBED 30'S FOR 8..3 SETS TOTAL
DB 30'S CONCENTRATION ON INNER LEG FOR SUPPORT I USE HAMMER GRIP ON THESE'SAW A PRO DOING THEM ON A VIDEO'THERE GOOD.
CURL BAR WIDE FINISHED X3 CURLS TOP TO SLIGHLTY BELOW HALWAY POINT 'PARTIALS TO KEEP STRESS ON BI'

MY BASEMENT IS STEAMING TOTALLY SOAKED THATS THE GOOD PART'LIKE ROCKY 4'LOL...

BACK WITH TRAPS 2 NITE....TRAPS USUALLY DONE WITH DELTS SO GOOD CHANGE WITH BACK 2 NITE..
Yes Home training can also be great.. the undergrip front raises i like. Remember Bertil Fox did Side raises with DBs with this grip... you are one dedicated trainer Steve. good to throw in some new exercises now and again.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5495 on: August 14, 2014, 06:32:06 AM »

Yes Home training can also be great.. the undergrip front raises i like. Remember Bertil Fox did Side raises with DBs with this grip... you are one dedicated trainer Steve. good to throw in some new exercises now and again.
I'VE DONE THOSE SIDE RAISES LIKE THAT...YOU HAVE TO GO LIGHT 'RELATIVE'OR U LOSE THE EFFECT..I SHOULD REVISIT THOSE.

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5496 on: August 14, 2014, 06:49:19 AM »

I'VE DONE THOSE SIDE RAISES LIKE THAT...YOU HAVE TO GO LIGHT 'RELATIVE'OR U LOSE THE EFFECT..I SHOULD REVISIT THOSE.
me too ! Itīs a bit like Circle raises, you work lighter but the tension on the muscles is longer,great range of motion and when used in a superset/triset/giant set good stuff .
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #5497 on: August 14, 2014, 06:59:09 AM »

me too ! Itīs a bit like Circle raises, you work lighter but the tension on the muscles is longer,great range of motion and when used in a superset/triset/giant set good stuff .
TRAINING IS INFINITE THERES NO ENDLESS POSSIBITIES TO CHOOSE,ONLY THING THAT DOES IS HOW BIG ONE CAN GET.DRUGGED OR NOT .

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #5498 on: August 14, 2014, 07:06:58 AM »

TRAINING IS INFINITE THERES NO ENDLESS POSSIBITIES TO CHOOSE,ONLY THING THAT DOES IS HOW BIG ONE CAN GET.DRUGGED OR NOT .
Not really maximal size for me but Quality and also being flexible and fast.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #5499 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:43 AM »

Day off for me from the weights. I'm staying away from running for awhile to let injuries clear and to rest up from the exhaustion I have been feeling. Actually walked today instead of running for two miles. Felt good not to be pounding myself into the ground with cardio and felt completely relaxed when I was done. Maybe next week I'll gradually start reintroducing running back into my program.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 247   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!