Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 19, 2014, 08:19:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 189   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 164645 times)
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

Well I've posted in here.  HAHA   Grin
yes u have,,,, Grin
Report to moderator   Logged

$
Viking11
Competitors
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »

Well I've posted in here.  HAHA   Grin
Well then where's your training posts? Or at least naked workout pics?
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

Let me interject here, this thread will be moderated at my discretion.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

Well then where's your training posts? Or at least naked workout pics?
Am just reading the thread.
Viking11
Competitors
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

All righty then, Cap'n Happy..
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »

I got home from the gym at about 4:30 p.m. My "workout" went well. I did 20 minutes of light cardio before jumping on the machines. My total time working out was a little shy of an hour. Because I have not seriously worked out for many months, I kept to resistance very light. As I mentioned, to get my ass back into a routine, I decided a full body work out done at least three times a week would be my initial goal.

Interestingly enough, I slept late this morning and when I finally got up, I found myself talking myself out of going to the gym today....not sure why. Anyway, I bit the bullet and went and now I am glad I did. Tomorrow I may go there and swim some laps. Wednesday, I be back on the machines and I'll increase the resistance slightly. I am going to take this one step and one day at a time.

One thing that is encouraging at the gym I go to is that there are a lot of us old farts who have spent a lot of our lives being gym rats. Of course there are also a lot of younger people who work out there too. It is a nice mix. I was amused by a fellow that spent more time setting up his laptop on treadmill then he did actually walking. I find I do best with minimal distractions, although I do like some tunes. My daughter gave me an Ipod a few years ago, which I am going to charge up for my next session.  
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »

I hope you are being serious. It would be good if there was at least one thread which didn't veer off topic and was relatively serious. I am hoping....
chaos
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »

I hope you are being serious. It would be good if there was at least one thread which didn't veer off topic and was relatively serious. I am hoping....
Dead serious. There was a request for this sticky so some of the older, more experienced lifters could share their experiences and ideas. I will not allow this to turn into another flirty "show us your tits" thread. Everyone is welcome to contribute and offer ideas, but that other shit will be deleted. Take it to the g&o.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

I thought it would be good to also write about my diet, since some of us more mature types aren't following the same diet we did when our metabolisms were faster.

Today I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean with 2% milk and a very small glass of orange juice for breakfast. Since I didn't get out of bed until the day was half over, I skipped lunch. My wife and I did go to Starbucks and I had a grande Chai latte. For dinner we had sautéed portabella mushroom "burgers" on whole wheat buns. I spread some artichoke dip on mine and had tomatoes on the side. Added to this was acorn squash on the side, with salt pepper and butter. To drink, I had a scotch neat.

As I write this I am drinking a cup of Chai tea, sans milk, but with one teaspoon of sugar. We will probably break open a package of harvest cookies from our local market in an hour or so. Harvest cookies are kind of like eating a granola bar that is instead a cookie. -Full of sugar, but fools you into thinking you are eating healthy.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »

I thought it would be good to also write about my diet, since some of us more mature types aren't following the same diet we did when our metabolisms were faster.

Today I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean with 2% milk and a very small glass of orange juice for breakfast. Since I didn't get out of bed until the day was half over, I skipped lunch. My wife and I did go to Starbucks and I had a grande Chai latte. For dinner we had sautéed portabella mushroom "burgers" on whole wheat buns. I spread some artichoke dip on mine and had tomatoes on the side. Added to this was acorn squash on the side, with salt pepper and butter. To drink, I had a scotch neat.

As I write this I am drinking a cup of Chai tea, sans milk, but with one teaspoon of sugar. We will probably break open a package of harvest cookies from our local market in an hour or so. Harvest cookies are kind of like eating a granola bar that is instead a cookie. -Full of sugar, but fools you into thinking you are eating healthy.
cool prime,,,i did the tuna/chick/rice thing strict for yrs,,,still follow it but allow other things carb wise,some sugars. fruits,and even pasta ,,i still do zero cardio and maintain under 10 pct bf..training is important not drug's 1st then train ,,i have old school methods to this day,,

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »

cool prime,,,i did the tuna/chick/rice thing strict for yrs,,,still follow it but allow other things carb wise,some sugars. fruits,and even pasta ,,i still do zero cardio and maintain under 10 pct bf..training is important not drug's 1st then train ,,i have old school methods to this day,,

I was thinking today about the possibility of using an energy booster like Ephedrine to jump-start weight loss. Any thoughts about this?

I have no issues with hypertension, so I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem for me to use it.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »

I was thinking today about the possibility of using an energy booster like Ephedrine to jump-start weight loss. Any thoughts about this?

I have no issues with hypertension, so I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem for me to use it.
yeah caffeine whether drink or using pills,or ephedra and bronkaid boosters which allow more blood and used to clear lungs..get heart rate going,,

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »

yeah caffeine whether drink or using pills,or ephedra and bronkaid boosters which allow more blood and used to clear lungs..get heart rate going,,

-Right. Today when I was doing cardio, my heart rate never went above 106. I know I can get it up a lot higher, because I have done so in the past with no problem. However, I was easing into the whole work out thing today and didn't want to overdo any aspect of it.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »

-Right. Today when I was doing cardio, my heart rate never went above 106. I know I can get it up a lot higher, because I have done so in the past with no problem. However, I was easing into the whole work out thing today and didn't want to overdo any aspect of it.
good luck,,,take it easy lol,,,easier said than done,,,

$
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 03:01:10 AM »

Just take it one step at a time but with Cardio you will be surprised how quick you get back in shape.I will be out pounding the streets again tonight and there is a nice route i will do. It starts flat and then inclines....inclines and when i am on my way back about 40 mins later i have to hit it again, it is a mental challange... Wink
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 03:09:22 AM »

Dead serious. There was a request for this sticky so some of the older, more experienced lifters could share their experiences and ideas. I will not allow this to turn into another flirty "show us your tits" thread. Everyone is welcome to contribute and offer ideas, but that other shit will be deleted. Take it to the g&o.
yes this is the idea behind this thread to keep it serious and on track.
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »

another thing here would be exercises that are useless and downright dangerous to do. for example the pulldown to the back is not a good exercise as it has contributed to more shoulder injuries than  it's worth from my experience.
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »

another thing here would be exercises that are useless and downright dangerous to do. for example the pulldown to the back is not a good exercise as it has contributed to more shoulder injuries than  it's worth from my experience.
skull crushers for me painful,useless,,,behind neck press ,,,,

$
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »

What i find interesting is a gym i worked in had Hammer strengh machines, the Boss always said that supinated pull downs are hard for your shoulder. I have always had better results using this grip (under hand). I really do believe as you wrote Funky that behind the neck work is very hard for your shoulder structure. I loved the Hammer strength (supinated) grip pull down.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »

skull crushers for me painful,useless,,,behind neck press ,,,,
skull crushers work for me ( try 2 Bells hammer grip maybe kinder to you ) but BB behind the neck press...terrible Sad
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »

another shoulder wrecker is upright close grip rows for traps.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »

PRIMEMUSCLE....are you still with us ?
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »

PRIMEMUSCLE....are you still with us ?

I had a breakfast meeting today. I just got home. -Nothing to post at the moment regarding exercise, since all I exercised so far today was my voice and a little hand to mouth action while eating. I'll get back to you in bit. I am headed to the gym to swim some laps in the next hour or so. When I get home there are leaves all over my yard begging to be raked up and put out with the yard debris recycle tonight. I may be otherwise occupied until this evening when I will post an update.

Keep in mind that I live in Oregon and what that means in terms of time zones. Presently, it is 1:35 p.m.
Donny
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »

I had a breakfast meeting today. I just got home. -Nothing to post at the moment regarding exercise, since all I exercised so far today was my voice and a little hand to mouth action while eating. I'll get back to you in bit. I am headed to the gym to swim some laps in the next hour or so. When I get home there are leaves all over my yard begging to be raked up and put out with the yard debris recycle tonight. I may be otherwise occupied until this evening when I will post an update.

Keep in mind that I live in Oregon and what that means in terms of time zones. Presently, it is 1:35 p.m.
Tomorrow i want you to move your arse
chaos
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »

Now I don't do this one all the time but never had any issue with it or bnp.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 189   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!