Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 22, 2014, 08:10:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 252   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 412940 times)
AVBG
« Reply #1025 on: February 11, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »

Good work D!

so today i will do a simple but taxing workout...
Warm up jump rope and ABS:
reverse crunches with
Crunches twisting 3xmax reps untill i feel they are worked.

Dumbbell Flat press 5x8-10
Incline Dumbbell press 5x8-10
Decline Dumbbell Press 5x8-10

I will not tri set today as i think with 5 sets and so much pressing i will need the rest in between. however sitting on my ass in between sets i do not like so i will jump rope in between. I will not have a problem with my stamina because my heart is well conditioned. I also feel itīs wise to start with flat press as there is "overspill" to the upper and lower areas. Decline press is also a great exercise that really hits it all too and is very often overlooked.. good if you have some shoulder issues too. I think after 10 sets pressing upper and flat presses i would have difficulty doing Dips and with Bells i can adjust the weight.. so thatīs why decline Dumbbell press.
Report to moderator   Logged
AVBG
« Reply #1026 on: February 11, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »

Arms

4 sets db incline curls (super sets) 16-45lb @ 20-10 reps
4 sets db overhead tricep extension (super sets) 16-45lb @ 15-6 reps

4 sets ez bar curls (super sets) 135lb @ 12 reps
4 sets close grip bench (super sets) 135-180lbs @ 12-10 reps

2 sets dips (super sets) to failure
2 sets db hammer curl (super sets) 45lb to failure

30 min steady state cardio - recumbent bike
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1027 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »

Thank you Alex, it was very hard not to do a flying movement but it was Brutal. Another thing i noticed was i left out the push ups at the end...no way i could do them.(which i normally do)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1028 on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »

Thank you Alex, it was very hard not to do a flying movement but it was Brutal. Another thing i noticed was i left out the push ups at the end...no way i could do them.(which i normally do)
THAT GETS GREAT PUMP AT END,, I DO CHEST DIPS NO WEIGHT 15/20 INTENSE PUMP/SWELL...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1029 on: February 11, 2013, 01:53:16 PM »

THAT GETS GREAT PUMP AT END,, I DO CHEST DIPS NO WEIGHT 15/20 INTENSE PUMP/SWELL...
I canīt do them after flat and incline presses...i am honest here i just am finished after benches. my triceps are maybe too weak...respect steve...15-20 reps i would not make...maybe 8 good reps but not more. ( i mean parallel bar dips)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1030 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »

donny got me thinking for chest workout i did 2 nite
fdb press 60x12,70x12,80 x10,85x8
inc press 135,185,195,185 with drop to plate
hammer flat 3x  2 plates per side x10,2 plates and some change x8
cable crossovers x3
dips x10 supeset elevated pushups x10 2x nice finish for donny,,,,

tris
overhead cable extensions x4
pushdowns x3
tridip machine x3
close grip bench x2

abs

$
booty
Getbig V

« Reply #1031 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »

make sure you get your check ups.. I was ill for a while pains..Diarrhea and blood. I was shocked when i saw the pictures of my colon. I was told it could have burst and i would not be here.. suppose i refused to accept i was ill and chronic ill. been living with it over 10 years so anyway my story is over back to training...LOL. Karen and Steve best wishes to your Daughters.
That's scarey Donny.  I am glad you are okay now though.  You are very lucky.  And thank you.  Just playing nurse and it's tiring.  I am not sleeping well, as I am up several times in the night checking on my baby girl. 
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1032 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:37 AM »

donny got me thinking for chest workout i did 2 nite
fdb press 60x12,70x12,80 x10,85x8
inc press 135,185,195,185 with drop to plate
hammer flat 3x  2 plates per side x10,2 plates and some change x8
cable crossovers x3
dips x10 supeset elevated pushups x10 2x nice finish for donny,,,,

tris
overhead cable extensions x4
pushdowns x3
tridip machine x3
close grip bench x2

abs
yes great workout steve...Dips and push ups are great..the push ups just polish it off. Thank  you for your kind words too.. you guys motivate me 100%. The input by all here makes me really proud to write here.
That's scarey Donny.  I am glad you are okay now though.  You are very lucky.  And thank you.  Just playing nurse and it's tiring.  I am not sleeping well, as I am up several times in the night checking on my baby girl.  
Thank you Karen..yeah i suppose iīve had a few near scrapes and nearly met the Grim Reaper a couple of times...still here and i hope for a while... Grin
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1033 on: February 12, 2013, 05:09:39 AM »

so Back today:
warm up as always jumping rope
abs: sit ups on floor 3x50(full sit ups) warms my lower back and waist area very well.

Wide Grip over hand chins 2x max
parallel grip chins 2xmax

Barbell rows 4x10 Superset with
Dumbbell pullovers 4x15

Deadlifts 4x10 (straight sets)
Shrugs 3x15
AVBG
« Reply #1034 on: February 12, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »

Traps/rear delts

3 sets db shrugs 45lbs @ 20 reps

4 sets bb shrugs 135-315lbs @ 15-6 reps

2 sets bb close grip upright rows 135lbs @ 10-12 reps

5 sets rear delt raises 35lbs @ 10-12 reps

Cardio 15 mins: recumbent bike Intervals (2 mins slow/1 min full pace x 5)
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1035 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »

Traps/rear delts

3 sets db shrugs 45lbs @ 20 reps

4 sets bb shrugs 135-315lbs @ 15-6 reps

2 sets bb close grip upright rows 135lbs @ 10-12 reps

5 sets rear delt raises 35lbs @ 10-12 reps

Cardio 15 mins: recumbent bike Intervals (2 mins slow/1 min full pace x 5)
do you recomend training traps alone ?
AVBG
« Reply #1036 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

My traps are lagging, so amongst delts I am focusing on bringing them up.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1037 on: February 12, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »

My traps are lagging, so amongst delts I am focusing on bringing them up.
ok thanks Alex..i am always looking to learn here..nice workout your traps will be solid.. Smiley
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1038 on: February 12, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »

I'VE DONE TRAPS WITH DELTS AND BACK AT TIMES....I NOTICED HEAVY WEIGHTS WORK BUT THEN GOING FOR HIGHER REPA TRAINING 12/15 GETS THEM GOING AS WELL,I DO DBELL OR SMITH FR AND REAR ON SMITH WORKS WELL,,OR RUN THE RACK 100 DOWN TO SAY 60 LBS DBS 5/8 REP EACH SET ...

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1039 on: February 12, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »

I train traps with delts. I have also combined them with an upper back workout.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1040 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:34 PM »

I have mostly trained my traps with back.. i feel more the connection after Deadlifts and rows. My lats just need that last movement (shrugs). However itīs intresting to see diffrent workouts and think about it. tend to agree with Steve direct trap work i like with higher reps and my heavy lifting i do with Deadlifts.
AVBG
« Reply #1041 on: February 12, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »

ok thanks Alex..i am always looking to learn here..nice workout your traps will be solid.. Smiley

I like getting to the gym everyday spending up to 45 mins so I don't have to group to many  bodyparts together
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1042 on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »

I like getting to the gym everyday spending up to 45 mins so I don't have to group to many  bodyparts together
i agree and you can get an intense workout in there. I have trained full body, upper/lower(is not bad) but i am the same as you..i devote my energy to 1 bodypart and with the overlap i train it all. You canīt train your muscles so intense with a full body workout not with so many exercises and most important with ..FOCUS on the muscle group(s)
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1043 on: February 12, 2013, 03:46:42 PM »

I do not think you can train with just Basic Exercises..you have to attack your muscles with "isolation" moves too..they finish off the workout and fine tune a great physique. 1 bodypart training is not new and most just think itīs from the muscle mags. They say itīs just steroids but thatīs bullshit and i have never touched steriods and get results. training 4 or 5 days a week works if you KNOW how to train.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1044 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »

i agree and you can get an intense workout in there. I have trained full body, upper/lower(is not bad) but i am the same as you..i devote my energy to 1 bodypart and with the overlap i train it all. You canīt train your muscles so intense with a full body workout not with so many exercises and most important with ..FOCUS on the muscle group(s)

Not having trained on a regular basis for some time now, it seems like the smart thing to do is to train the whole body, using lighter resistance and training only 3 days a week to get back in the swing of things. I might add in some cardio only days in between weight resistance days. I am interested in feedback on this idea.

Looking over prior workout routines, I was lifting a lot of weight with not many reps once warmed up. I trained each muscle group once per week with the exception of abs and calves. While I realized good increases in strength and possibly some size, I am not sure it is the best routine for a senior citizen such as me, although I got the routine from a fellow who was designing routines for men over 40 years old. The idea of training once a week was based on the fact that it takes a more mature person longer to recover from a workout.

Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #1045 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »

I have found the advantage to going to the gym pretty much daily and at about the same time is that it becomes very routine and thus more difficult to miss a day. It is similar to missing a meal when you are used to eating it at the same time each and every day.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1046 on: February 13, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

I have found the advantage to going to the gym pretty much daily and at about the same time is that it becomes very routine and thus more difficult to miss a day. It is similar to missing a meal when you are used to eating it at the same time each and every day.
I like to make a point of doing some sort of training every day.. even if itīs just a few Ab exercises and jumping rope. I will later go for a run and i like looking around the streets..sometimes funny. I think iīm going to have to give up coffee itīs giving me heartburn...anyone else find this too? a random question i know... Grin
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #1047 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

I like to make a point of doing some sort of training every day.. even if itīs just a few Ab exercises and jumping rope. I will later go for a run and i like looking around the streets..sometimes funny. I think iīm going to have to give up coffee itīs giving me heartburn...anyone else find this too? a random question i know... Grin
coffee gives me heartburn too.....
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #1048 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »

coffee gives me heartburn too.....
yeah i donīt drink a lot of it but i think itīs not good for me..
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1049 on: February 13, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

yeah i donīt drink a lot of it but i think itīs not good for me..
DRINK 1 MAYBE 2 PER DAY.NO HEARTBURN CONSISTENT.LIKE IT BLACK ITALIAN ROAST SOME SPLENDA...OR USE NON FAT HAZLENUT CREAMER,,,

$
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 252   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!