Author Topic: Benching 315 lately?  (Read 30838 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Benching 315 lately?
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
Have you any videos?

I ask because I roughly that strong but I could not do 435lbs
im not doubting tbombz
but he is delusional....
see the arm thread where he tried to convince him self he hs better arms than i
ha ha ha ha
choice is an illusion

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
If the 315 is an all-out max set then there is no way someone who gets 10 reps of that can bench 435x1.  I would put their 1RM in that case at around 400 at most since you're going to lose at least one rep for every 10 pounds you add.

If the 315x10 was preceded by other taxing sets then I could see 435 perhaps.

I always get a kick out of all the jackasses at the gym who'll do 225x8 or so with their platonic lifting parter rowing the last four reps off their chest and afterwards be all "bro I could totally max 400 if I was warmed up / trained PLing" ;D
Very true....My rep scheme, 315x12, 350x6, 375x3, 405x1

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
I will start this thread tomorrow. But hear this. If I have an ME day then follow up with a speed day increasing bar speed you will increase 1rm depending on auxiliary lifts. Read verkohanshi (so). Going to finish watching duck dynasty then going to.bed. will finish this tomorrow.

that too. auxilary lifts do nothing to increase one persons bench press, squat, or deadlift past a certain stage of development. aka increasing weight on your  glute ham raises wont increase your squat or deadlift....im referring to general excercises. Obviously a better good morning will carry over to a better deadlift......nothing like some jackass preaching thats reverse hypers and band leg curls actually make your squat bettter ::)
l

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
that too. auxilary lifts do nothing to increase one persons bench press, squat, or deadlift past a certain stage of development. aka increasing weight on your  glute ham raises wont increase your squat or deadlift....im referring to general excercises. Obviously a better good morning will carry over to a better deadlift......nothing like some jackass preaching thats reverse hypers and band leg curls actually make your squat bettter ::)

Not true, you can't increase lifts just by doing bench, squat and DL by itself

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »

context is key here......the more advanced the athlete the less carry over they will get from general specific excercises.
 You can get stronger using sub maximal weights on the squat bench and deadlift and just doing squat benches and deadlifts in itself...
l

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
context is key here......the more advanced the athlete the less carry over they will get from general specific excercises.
 You can get stronger using sub maximal weights on the squat bench and deadlift and just doing squat benches and deadlifts in itself...

Joe Marino has proven himself capable of actually reproducing with a woman whereas you have trouble even reaching 2nd base on a consistent basis. I think I will trust his protocol superior to yours.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Have you any videos?

I ask because I roughly that strong but I could not do 435lbs
no.. I don't train to failure so when I say I did 315 for 13 you should keep that in mind.. Had more reps left in the tank

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
I like bombz, but there is no way he's doing that shit....

NO WAY.

Post a video up of that!!!

If you can do some shit like that then you are straight GANGSTER and the only guy I have ever seen do shit like that was most likely gassed to the hilt and had way more muscle on him than Tbombz did.

I'm not saying he's a liar... Well... I kind of am... but I don't mean to... I really mean more of that is ABSOLUTELY unbelievable seeing what we've seen of him.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
I like bombz, but there is no way he's doing that shit....

NO WAY.

Post a video up of that!!!

If you can do some shit like that then you are straight GANGSTER and the only guy I have ever seen do shit like that was most likely gassed to the hilt and had way more muscle on him than Tbombz did.

I'm not saying he's a liar... Well... I kind of am... but I don't mean to... I really mean more of that is ABSOLUTELY unbelievable seeing what we've seen of him.
He has extremely narrow clavicles, but that still doesn`t make him even remotely capable of doing any of that.  He is lying, plain and simple.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
no.. I don't train to failure so when I say I did 315 for 13 you should keep that in mind.. Had more reps left in the tank
;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

This is not true at all, for weight lifting or for sports conditioning and skill development in general.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »

5 pages
of claims
and the taliban
is the only
one with proof

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Of course you can, lol, there you go again trying to make this out to be rocket science, mumbo jumbo BS, just move weight simple as that ain't no top secret shit out there, people make me laugh, I was a personal trainer for years and I feel it is the most disgraceful job on the planet.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
This is not true at all, for weight lifting or for sports conditioning and skill development in general.

you misunderstood me.

a world class olympic weightlifter will only increase his clean and jerk by doing the clean and jerk....

a high school football player who is not at an elite level of development on the other hand, can increase his  bench press by doing flies or cable cross overs.
l

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

The man was having the set of his life and racked it with a few more in him, now that's what I call class.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »
The man was having the set of his life and racked it with a few more in him, now that's what I call class.
If he did 10 or 12 I would believe him cause those are round up numbers but 13 sounds like a number you would go to failure with but we are talking t-bombz here, his chest is flatter then a pan cake I would be shocked beyond belief if he even got 225 for 13, in fact I would still call BS on 2 plates for 13.

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »
If he did 10 or 12 I would believe him cause those are round up numbers but 13 sounds like a number you would go to failure with but we are talking t-bombz here, his chest is flatter then a pan cake I would be shocked beyond belief if he even got 225 for 13, in fact I would still call BS on 2 plates for 13.
Hmmm...I can do 275 for 15 and 225 for 40..Where does that leave me

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »
Hmmm...I can do 275 for 15 and 225 for 40..Where does that leave me
You lose 25 reps from 225 to 275  ???.... 50 lb only, wow that is strange. I can do 225 for 40 as well but can do 315 for 15, I could easily hit 25 reps on 275. For you to lose 25 reps in only 50 lb is bizarre

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
Of course you can, lol, there you go again trying to make this out to be rocket science, mumbo jumbo BS, just move weight simple as that ain't no top secret shit out there, people make me laugh, I was a personal trainer for years and I feel it is the most disgraceful job on the planet.

So I guess we can throw out verkohanski's and the Russian conjugate theories from about the last 60 year's out the window because bodybuilders on getbig said you can't, right?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
you misunderstood me.

a world class olympic weightlifter will only increase his clean and jerk by doing the clean and jerk....

a high school football player who is not at an elite level of development on the other hand, can increase his  bench press by doing flies or cable cross overs.

You are completely 100% wrong.  Are you aware of what the training programs used by Olympic lifters and professional power-lifters are like?  They are much broader than just performing the competition lifts over and over again with various weights.

For example here is Scot Mendelson's "bench press" workout:

http://strongestman.org/?p=207

Is it your contention that his training is suboptimal and he would be better off removing all the non-bench exercises or replacing them with more benching ???

If your point is simply that "you should include Lift X in a workout routine to get better at Lift X" then that is obvious and trivial and no one in the entire thread has taken a contrary position, in which case it is you who is misunderstanding.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »
So I guess we can throw out verkohanski's and the Russian conjugate theories from about the last 60 year's out the window because bodybuilders on getbig said you can't, right?
What are you talking about about?

You said you can not up your bench by just benching and I said that is BS, I benched 515 raw and only benched, nothing fancy, just benched. Those theories and rocket science may work, not saying they don't, but they won't work for me that is for sure, all I care about is mentally preparing myself for the set and after that I am a fucken zombie madman possessed doing a set and every time this allows me to go to then next level.

Look couching and training people for performance is great, nothing against that, especially for athletic ability but for gaining muscle and strength it is fucken pathetic anybody  that has not been training for 2 years will gain a lot of size and strength by simply moving weight around, you don't need a couch for this or a trainer, it's a joke and if you've been training longer then 2 years you don't need to be trained by then unless you are stupid.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »
You are completely 100% wrong.  Are you aware of what the training programs used by Olympic lifters and professional power-lifters are like?  They are much broader than just performing the competition lifts over and over again with various weights.

For example here is Scot Mendelson's "bench press" workout:

http://strongestman.org/?p=207

Is it your contention that his training is suboptimal and he would be better off removing all the non-bench exercises or replacing them with more benching ???

If your point is simply that "you should include Lift X in a workout routine to get better at Lift X" then that is obvious and trivial and no one in the entire thread has taken a contrary position, in which case it is you who is misunderstanding.
Nothing special there, most people train there shoulder, triceps and pretty much every body part there is anyway, of course you have to, but you don't have to bring in chains and weird odd exercise and claim it's the holy grail

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
I'm surprised everyone's so crazy about 315lb. Its really not that impressive like it used to be. I've seen quite a few guys including myself handling that at the gym no problem.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »
I'm surprised everyone's so crazy about 315lb. Its really not that impressive like it used to be. I've seen quite a few guys including myself handling that at the gym no problem.

That's great, man.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
Lots of casual 315 benching going on in this thread... ::) ::) ::)

I thought all getbiggers clear this 'warm up' weight ?
L