Author Topic: "Why The obama Victory Is The Best Result For The Resistance"  (Read 4413 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: "Why The obama Victory Is The Best Result For The Resistance"
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
Medicare is for those over 65, who contributed to the system, and is a pretty good health-care program.  You cannot expand it for everyone of all ages.

Actually you can expand it for everyone.  For example they take roughly $300 per month out of my paychecks for me to have Blue Cross Blue Shield.  Along with that I still have large copays and sickening deductables.  On top of that my company foots the bill of roughly $6000 per employee per year.  Private healthcare has an administrative cost of roughly 25 cents on the dollar.  Most of which goes to CEO's and higher ups.  Government healthcare has an administrative cost of under 5 cents on the dollar.  So at a minimum govt. care saves us 20 cents on the dollar.  If all the above mentioned funds were invested into Medicaid for all, not only would we cover everyone but we'd get more bang for our buck.  If you enjoy paying 20% more for anything, than theres no use in carrying on with this discussion.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
We can't provide comprehensive coverage for eveybody. It would be way too expensive. But we could set up universal coverage of eveybody for only life threatening and seriously debilitating illnesses

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 11:17:15 PM »
Actually you can expand it for everyone.  For example they take roughly $300 per month out of my paychecks for me to have Blue Cross Blue Shield.  Along with that I still have large copays and sickening deductables.  On top of that my company foots the bill of roughly $6000 per employee per year.  Private healthcare has an administrative cost of roughly 25 cents on the dollar.  Most of which goes to CEO's and higher ups.  Government healthcare has an administrative cost of under 5 cents on the dollar.  So at a minimum govt. care saves us 20 cents on the dollar.  If all the above mentioned funds were invested into Medicaid for all, not only would we cover everyone but we'd get more bang for our buck.  If you enjoy paying 20% more for anything, than theres no use in carrying on with this discussion.

Sure, and it's much more efficient to call the IRS about an overpayment than it is to VISA, as well.  Government is just more efficient for some reason.  You've convinced me.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
We can't provide comprehensive coverage for eveybody. It would be way too expensive. But we could set up universal coverage of eveybody for only life threatening and seriously debilitating illnesses

Pre-existing illness = help, my home is on fire, I need homeowner's insurance, immediately.

Just pay the IRS penalty of $750-1,500 per year, and wait to get a disease before you buy health insurance.  How great is that?

And it's all so cheap.......

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
You ignored my comment about paul Ryan funding the same 700 billion in Medicare savings

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »
Maybe, but there are way too many drug addicts for people to really function as a whole. People addicted to illegal drugs, and prescription drugs...We are a highly addicted society. It possibly was planned that way. The drugs, entertainment, sex, food all pacify us. take away that and it's chaos. Many of the people if they have their drugs taken away, will steal, rob, and kill just for a fix...how does that bode for a "revolution" when many of the populace can't even get their heads right?
Face it, the one's in charge have the American populace by the balls.
When they can't get their hands on the drugs anymore because the system collapsed you will see some "I Am Legend" shit going down all over the place.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
You ignored my comment about paul Ryan funding the same 700 billion in Medicare savings

Obamacare is actual law.

Ryan has a "plan."......BFD

One is going to happen.  The other isn't. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »
Either the cuts are undesirable or they arent

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »
Either the cuts are undesirable or they arent

Obama is going to transfer money from Medicare to Obamacare.

That is the law, and it is not good, not desirable.

Bush wanted to privatize Social Security.  It didn't happen because the public didn't want it.  See how that works?  You don't force it down our fuckin' throats..........

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:09 AM »
  20 Trillion Debt

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 12:09:42 AM »
He cut excess in the Medicare system and put it to use subsidizing insurance for those who can't afford it. Give it a couple years for all the changes to kick in and we can take a look at public opinion again then.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 12:29:40 AM »
He cut excess in the Medicare system and put it to use subsidizing insurance for those who can't afford it. Give it a couple years for all the changes to kick in and we can take a look at public opinion again then.

there's the bullshit right there.  You just said it.

"He cut the excess in the Medicare system"  --- where is that "excess?"  If it was "excess" why was it paid in the first place?  See the bullshit?  All of a sudden, there is suddenly $714 billion sitting right there called "waste and fraud." 

sure..........

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »
Paul Ryan agrees with him about it.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »
Paul Ryan agrees with him about it.

Ryan proposed a voucher system as a choice, which was never going to see the light of day.

That's why I tried to compare it with Bush's privatizing SSI.  They are ideas. 

Difference is, Obama actually twisted arms and got this through. 

Who gives a shit was Ryan dreamed up?  In 2014, we all come under Obamacare, like it or not.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »
Ryan also cut the Same 700 billion from Medicar that obama did except in ryans plan he didn't give that money to other healthcare services like obama he just cut the funding period. The point is that both democrats and republicans agreed that the 700 billiob was excess and should be cut so your Argent against obama because he cut those funds doesn't really hold up.  In fact obama extended the life of Medicare without fecesong benefits. As for obama care. The only thing undesirable about it is your forces to bui insurance and the employer mandate is a drag on the economy. But in return you get kids staying on their parbys plans till they are 28, women paying the same as men, care for those with per rapstong conditions, no life time limits on care,  subsidized insurance for the poor... Etc

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 01:26:53 AM »
There isn't any $700 billion "excess."

Ryan's plan included transferring money for a voucher program within Medicare.

Obama simply transfers the money to a brand new entitlement.

Ryan's plan aint' law, so you can argue about all you want.  It's like discussing Bush's Social Security plan.  It's a smoke screen. 

Obamacare is real.  Bush's plan never was.  Neither was Ryan's.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 01:43:18 AM »
Yes he wanted to voucherizeT. He also wanted to cut the same 700billion that obama cut.    Obamas reforms actually strengthen Medicare alongside all the inceases in coverage that obamacare provides

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 02:30:16 AM »
Yes he wanted to voucherizeT. He also wanted to cut the same 700billion that obama cut.    Obamas reforms actually strengthen Medicare alongside all the inceases in coverage that obamacare provides

you believe all that bullshit? 

take out $714 billion will make it stronger?  good.......

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 04:12:28 AM »
Thread reported to Obama Gulag Director.

I hope you boys have some clean clothes to wear when you go before the death panels.

G

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »
I didn't say that cut was what made Medicare stronger. Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix the problem

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

there's the bullshit right there.  You just said it.

"He cut the excess in the Medicare system"  --- where is that "excess?"  If it was "excess" why was it paid in the first place?  See the bullshit?  All of a sudden, there is suddenly $714 billion sitting right there called "waste and fraud." 

sure..........

The excess was the overpayment program that Bush instituted to doctors.