Author Topic: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas  (Read 18369 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »
Bought some new shirts as well, wasn't going to post these but since cephissus is such a big fan of this style...  ;)

Absolutely disgusting.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »
Bought some new shirts as well, wasn't going to post these but since cephissus is such a big fan of this style...  ;)

Are you a homosexual , Moen ?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
Absolutely disgusting.

Coming from an American, that's a compliment  8)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Give me grotesque designs for children over white sports welfare shoes any day  8)

Again with the price... nothing to do with looks.

The purpose of any "fashion" is to signal your status to others.  $400 sneakers signal you have money the only way they can, by being as "eye-catching" (i.e. eye-abusive) as possible.  The reason this doesn't work with sneakers is that sneakers are inherently a cheap product that were intended for playing sports and consequently being damaged and worn out fast.  They are primarily sold to children, so they have very colorful and silly designs.  As you have clearly demonstrated by posting these abominations, the only way to "stand out" in the sneaker world is to crank up the colors, lines, etc. even more, thereby becoming even more ridiculous looking.

Contrast this with "dress shoes" where more expensive models signal the intended message through superior materials, craftsmanship, and increasingly subtle design.

just compare this shitty $150 calvin klein dress shoe

with this $1000 aubercy

Notice that one doesn't have to plumb the depths of retarded gimmickry to convey "superior fashion" in this case?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »
Are you a homosexual , Moen ?

Once again, thank you  ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
I'd wear the "Brooklyn" T shirt....it's cool

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »
Again with the price... nothing to do with looks.

The purpose of any "fashion" is to signal your status to others.  $400 sneakers signal you have money the only way they can, by being as "eye-catching" (i.e. eye-abusive) as possible.  The reason this doesn't work with sneakers is that sneakers are inherently a cheap product that were intended for playing sports and consequently being damaged and worn out fast.  They are primarily sold to children, so they have very colorful and silly designs.  As you have clearly demonstrated by posting these abominations, the only way to "stand out" in the sneaker world is to crank up the colors, lines, etc. even more, thereby becoming even more ridiculous looking.

Contrast this with "dress shoes" where more expensive models signal the intended message through superior materials, craftsmanship, and increasingly subtle design.

just compare this shitty $150 calvin klein dress shoe

with this $1000 aubercy

Notice that one doesn't have to plumb the depths of retarded gimmickry to convey "superior fashion" in this case?

The $1000 pair looks like a weekly sale from Aldi. This failed to prove the point entirely.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
The Aubercy shoe looks like it's made from plastic and whoever decided to put red shoelaces in them should be fired asap.

They look cheap as fuck. Sorry man.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
The Aubercy shoe looks like it's made from plastic and whoever decided to put red shoelaces in them should be fired asap.

They look cheap as fuck. Sorry man.

Really not seeing anything wrong with the CK shoe either, looks like a decent shoe.

I understand it's not a Bruno Maggli, but I'm not in the habit of dropping a grand on shoes like everyone else here, guess i'm poor  :'(

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »
These are nice business shoes

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
what's funny is you can take everything i wrote about sneakers and apply it to moen's timely post with the t-shirts as well...

$300 "graphic tees" lol.

luxury t-shirts = contradictio in adjecto, don't be a sucker.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »
Really not seeing anything wrong with the CK shoe either, looks like a decent shoe.

I understand it's not a Bruno Maggli, but I'm not in the habit of dropping a grand on shoes like everyone else here, guess i'm poor  :'(

There's nothing wrong with them, but compare "ultra-luxury" shoes to "luxury shoes" in this case, then compare "luxury" sneakers to regular sneakers, and you can see my point.  All fashion is largely bullshit, but at least in the former's case it isn't complete bullshit -- it's not the case that the more expensive class of shoe is actually uglier than the cheaper class.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »
what's funny is you can take everything i wrote about sneakers and apply it to moen's timely post with the t-shirts as well...

$300 "graphic tees" lol.

luxury t-shirts = contradiction in adjecto, don't be a sucker.

Unfortunately, it can be applied to $1000 business shoes as well  :o

Can you imagine arriving at a business meeting with those red shoelaces?  :D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »
There's nothing wrong with them, but compare "ultra-luxury" shoes to "luxury shoes" in this case, then compare "luxury" sneakers to regular sneakers, and you can see my point.  All fashion is largely bullshit, but at least in the former's case it isn't complete bullshit -- it's not the case that the more expensive class of shoe is actually uglier than the cheaper class.

Not the case  ???

There is no hope  for you  :'(

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
Unfortunately, it can be applied to $1000 business shoes as well  :o

Can you imagine arriving at a business meeting with those red shoelaces?  :D

No one would say shit... I agree they're not the best choice, though.  

Anyway, this is a tiny distinction.  Your original post on sneakers proved you're entirely incapable of distinguishing the point between "effective" and "desperate".

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

Gotcha...i was wondering what your fucking point was...LOL  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2012, 09:06:41 PM »
These are nice business shoes

Parker likes...as well as these

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
I've got a pair of these Ferragamo's. Incredible quality.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »
No one would say shit... I agree they're not the best choice, though.  

Anyway, this is a tiny distinction.  Your original post on sneakers proved you're entirely incapable of distinguishing the point between "effective" and "desperate".

"Effective", "desperate"? You may be overanalyzing things a bit. I can't speak for others but I buy (and wear) stuff because I like it, not because of a message I want to send out or any of the other things you've mentioned. Most of the stuff I posted wasn't even that expensive ;)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »
I've got a pair of these Ferragamo's. Incredible quality.

:D

They're "Georges" apparently  ;)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:35 PM »
I can't speak for others but I buy (and wear) stuff because I like it, not because of a message I want to send out or any of the other things you've mentioned.

Convenient how all the stuff you "just happen to like" comes from premium clothing manufacturers.   

Gayer than "i work out for myself, not for anyone else!"

::)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »
Most of it is not that expensive. Some of the t-shirts are around $20.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
:D

They're "Georges" apparently  ;)

I have an identical pair that are Ferragamo's. They are almost too nice to wear.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
The $1000 pair looks like a weekly sale from Aldi. This failed to prove the point entirely.
::)
That Aubercy is a whole-cut shoe, meaning a single piece of leather which is extremely hard to do and the leather has to be flawless.  Next, the dyeing is hand applied, reduced, re-applied, reduced, repeated over and over to get the effect.  In person, you would not see the red highlights as much, only in the certain lighting.

The shoe is then hand burnished which can take easily up to 100 hours plus to get it right.  The entire thing is bench-made and the inner is goodyear welted on a custom last.

You obviously don`t know anything when it comes to shoes.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »
I have an identical pair that are Ferragamo's. They are almost too nice to wear.

Buy some Aubercy's then, you won't have that problem. You might even end up wearing them to wash your car or mow your lawn  :P