Author Topic: Unions kills off Twinkie. 18,000 to lose jobs due to Union Thugs  (Read 9641 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Unions kills off Twinkie. 18,000 to lose jobs due to Union Thugs
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
I've gotta say this is kind of a joke

The mods let 333 run wild for the last 4 years with him personally attacking lot's of people for nothing more than not agreeing with his insane point of view.  Mods have also let him attack the first family calling them ghetto scum and far worse and now he's allowed to run amok with 5 different gimmicks.

Why the sudden decision to censor and sanitize this board.   The posters pretty much took care of all the crap on their own

It was a long time coming Straw.  No particular person was the sole instigator for the change.  The board was ran within its rules.  However the trend was that many discussions digressed into abusive ad hom.

If a person can't make a point without personally attacking, insulting, name calling, badgering, baiting, etc.  this isn't the place for them.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »

The mods let 333 run wild for the last 4 years with him personally attacking lots of people for nothing more than not agreeing with his insane point of view.  Mods have also let him attack the first family calling them ghetto scum and far worse and now he's allowed to run amok with 5 different gimmicks.

Why the sudden decision to censor and sanitize this board.   The posters pretty much took care of all the crap on their own

Are you really crying about gimmicks after what the mods have let Blacken/Whork do for the last 4 years? Stop whining.

You're arguably one of the worst on this board when it comes to derailing threads into ad hominem attacks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 10:23:19 AM »
Are you really crying about gimmicks after what the mods have let Blacken/Whork do for the last 4 years? Stop whining.

You're arguably one of the worst on this board when it comes to derailing threads into ad hominem attacks.

if that were even remotely true I'm sure I would have heard about it from someone credible (i.e. not you)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »
It was a long time coming Straw.  No particular person was the sole instigator for the change.  The board was ran within its rules.  However the trend was that many discussions digressed into abusive ad hom.

If a person can't make a point without personally attacking, insulting, name calling, badgering, baiting, etc.  this isn't the place for them.

I'd like to see you apply that to the posters who feel this board is nothing more than the place to vomit their hatred of the POTUS, his family and anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view

the posters on this board pretty much took care of these idiots but if you're going to actually step into that role I hope it will be comprehensive and fair

personally, I'm not too interested in a censored and politically "sanitized" board

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
I'd like to see you apply that to the posters who feel this board is nothing more than the place to vomit their hatred of the POTUS, his family and anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view

personally, I'm not too interested in a censored and politically "sanitized" board

Censoring people's opinions about the President or his family would make it a "sanitized" board.  I am not interested in that either.  Anyone is free to voice their hatred for the president.  What they are no longer free to do on this board is personally attack, insult, name call, badger, bait etc. another poster. (that's what is meant by personal attacks)

If a person a wrong about something, show them why with a good argument.  And a good argument is free of ad-hom.  A sign of a bad argument has ad-hom in it.  

the posters on this board pretty much took care of these idiots but if you're going to actually step into that role I hope it will be comprehensive and fair

The posters on the board really didn't take care of it by way of further abusive ad-hom.  It just turned the place into a elementary school play ground (which i also participated in)  So many points and counter points digressed into insult wars.

I have always tried to be fair in modding. What's easy about this (and hard at the same time), is that it's a rule that applies to everyone.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
if that were even remotely true I'm sure I would have heard about it from someone credible (i.e. not you)

You don't even talk politics. You and your buddies do nothing more than follow 333 around and derail every thread with attacks on him. You played a major role in running this board into the ground.

Leave then. Trust me, no one will care. You seem to think you're important on here. I don't understand why as you're an  individual who brings nothing whatsoever to any thread you post in.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

The mods let 333 run wild for the last 4 years with him personally attacking lots of people for nothing more than not agreeing with his insane point of view.  Mods have also let him attack the first family calling them ghetto scum and far worse and now he's allowed to run amok with 5 different gimmicks.

Why the sudden decision to censor and sanitize this board.   The posters pretty much took care of all the crap on their own

That mgicuser is him for sure with no spell check, starts 10 topics/day and is the only poster in them

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »
I think the real problem with Hostess is that they just weren't releveant any more...I grew up eating all of their junk as did my friends...when I was a kid, you couldn't walk into a corner store without seeing their products...

I remember when their devil dogs were actually as big as a real hotdog.....they used to be 10 cents...I would buy six of them everyday and eat them at lunch time when I was in 9th grade.....they were awesome

loved the apple pies as well and the twinkies I was realy hooked on for awhile....they were addictive..

however today the kids no longer eat them...they don't advertise the brand on TV....I think the management was basically stagnant in terms of marketing to a new generation....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
Hostess management, which is currently blaming unions for killing the Twinkie, awarded company execs absurdly large raises around the same time as filing for bankruptcy in January 2012 - including a 300% pay raise for then-CEO Brian Driscoll.

According to the the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union:

"As the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256."

This is such a striking piece of evidence undermining the myth that organized labor killed Hostess.

The unions killed Hostess…another right wing myth.
by Mark Anderson - FRI NOV 16, 2012 AT 03:00 PM PST

It could survive a nuclear war,
...but not vulture capitalism

As a little boy in fourth or fifth grade I had a crush on a little girl. We used to eat lunch together every day and every single day I would try to trade something out of my lunch for the Twinkie that her mother packed in her lunch. I was disappointed every time as she never traded me for one of those golden cream filled cakes. (Why she did not want my bologna and ketchup with crushed Fritos sandwich is beyond me.) To this day I still kid her about not giving up those Twinkies.

When I met my first drill sergeant in the Army one of the very first things he screamed at me was that I "wasn’t (expletive deleted) at home sittin' on the (expletive deleted) couch eatin' (expletive deleted) Twinkies and drinkin' (expletive deleted) Mountain Dew." How I wanted the comfort of a (expletive deleted) Twinkie right at that moment.

Today it has been announced that Hostess along with Wonder Bread is going out of business. Of course the right-wingers are foaming at the mouth claiming that it is the unions' fault what with their ridiculous demands of fair compensation for work given to the company. Of course none of those on the right will acknowledge the CEO at Hostess got a 300 percent raise from $750,000 to $2,250,000. Now, I find $750,000 to be an outrageous amount of money for anyone to make ... $2.2 million is beyond outrageous and a 300 percent raise is well into the territory of obscene greed.

The average employee salary for Hostess employees is approximately $43,000 a year. The CEO makes $2.2 million, and management is asking for further wage and benefits concession, seriously? Hostess will live on—the brands of Hostess, Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho-Hos, Wonder Bread, etc., are too valuable to be left to die. The brands and bakeries will be sold and some other vulture capital firm will provide financing and new non-union employees will be hired. My guess is that the new non-union employees will make less in pay and benefits than the average union wage of today.

To place the blame on the backs of the very people who built Hostess is wrong. It was the union bakers, the union line workers, the union route drivers that made Hostess into what it was. Not some CEO sitting behind a desk pulling in more money in one year than I will earn in a lifetime. It is also certainly not some vulture capitalist piling debt onto the company while sucking the profit out like a five year old sucks the cream filling out of a Twinkie. The unions didn’t kill Hostess ... it was greed that killed Hostess.

Today, I will go to the grocery store and purchase my last box of union-made Twinkies (possibly the first one I have purchased in twenty years). I will share them with my son and tell him stories of Twinkie the kid, how a little girl would not share her Twinkies with me and what my drill sergeant thought of them.
w