Author Topic: Dem Rep. Hank Johnson: Amend Constitution to Restrict Freedom of Speech  (Read 4355 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
Re: Dem Rep. Hank Johnson: Amend Constitution to Restrict Freedom of Speech
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »
Even FDR was vehemently opposed to Public Sector Unions. Employees subsidized by taxpayer money should be barred from exerting undue influence over the political process period. Private sector unions are fine with me. They are involved in labor with a private entity and as such can negotiate, bargain and attempt to influence the terms of their employment through any legal avenues available. Public Sector Employees are a cancer on this Nation and should be banned.

And I didn't write repeal glass stegal. The operative provisions of the law were repealed decades ago. It needs to be re-enacted.

Term limits will prevent power hungry political hacks from cementing permanent seats in the legislature. It will end the concept of "safe districts". It is extremely difficult to unseat incumbent politicians for obvious reasons. Often incumbents use every dirty trick in the book to hold onto their seat and often succeed in doing so. Term limits will break up the status quo, business as usual cronism that is part and parcel of Washington DC.

Ending the public funding of elections= No taxpayer money will be used to fund candidates for public office.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Even FDR was vehemently opposed to Public Sector Unions. Employees subsidized by taxpayer money should be barred from exerting undue influence over the political process period. Private sector unions are fine with me. They are involved in labor with a private entity and as such can negotiate, bargain and attempt to influence the terms of their employment through any legal avenues available. Public Sector Employees are a cancer on this Nation and should be banned.

And I didn't write repeal glass stegal. The operative provisions of the law were repealed decades ago. It needs to be re-enacted.

Term limits will prevent power hungry political hacks from cementing permanent seats in the legislature. It will end the concept of "safe districts". It is extremely difficult to unseat incumbent politicians for obvious reasons. Often incumbents use every dirty trick in the book to hold onto their seat and often succeed in doing so. Term limits will break up the status quo, business as usual cronism that is part and parcel of Washington DC.

Ending the public funding of elections= No taxpayer money will be used to fund candidates for public office.

Great post.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »

your being an authoritarian; an oppressive, freedom killing, authoritarian. it doesnt matter who employs a person, that person ought to be able to organize with whomever they so wish and campaign for whatever cause they so wish. in my opinion the only legitamate justification for the use of force is to prevent someone from oppressing the freedom of another. using force to prevent peaceful people from doing peaceful things is just plain contradictory to the idea of FREEDOM. 

the government really shouldnt be getting inbetween two consenting individuals in any dealings they wish to engage in so long as their dealing doesnt involve oppressing the freedom of others. as such, allowing the merger of savings and investment banks is essential to preserving freedom.

telling people they can not vote for whom they wish to vote for is dy definition undemocratic. its my vote and i can shhould be able to vote for whomever i so wish. also,  i do not think term limits would be the most effective solution to combating "safe districts". i think  the gerrymandering that occurs during redistricting is much more of the issue in that regards.

i still dont see how this could help achieve your objective. if anything i would think that public funding of elections would decrease the power of special interests, not increase.

:)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
No offense, but it is tiresome explaining these things to you. You literally know nothing about the topics being discussed, yet you have a very rigid point of view. Why do so many ignorant people have opinions on political matters they don't comprehend and don't bother to investigate for themselves?  You don't know what Glass Stegal's legislative purpose or effect was. You don't know when it was repealed, why it was repealed or what has happened since.  You can't comprehend the difference between public and private sector unions. You don't know how budgets are passed in Congress. This is like trying to describe the colors of the rainbow to someone who was born blind.

You need to educate yourself before we can have an intelligent discussion. 

Until then, engaging you on political matters is pointless. You lack the knowledge and understanding to formulate a coherent point of view.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
No offense, but it is tiresome explaining these things to you. You literally know nothing about the topics being discussed, yet you have a very rigid point of view. Why do so many ignorant people have opinions on political matters they don't comprehend and don't bother to investigate for themselves?  You don't know what Glass Stegal's legislative purpose or effect was. You don't know when it was repealed, why it was repealed or what has happened since.  You can't comprehend the difference between public and private sector unions. You don't know how budgets are passed in Congress. This is like trying to describe the colors of the rainbow to someone who was born blind.

You need to educate yourself before we can have an intelligent discussion. 

Until then, engaging you on political matters is pointless. You lack the knowledge and understanding to formulate a coherent point of view.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
well, let me try to help clarify my understandings for you..

glass stegal, havent researched it extensively but i know it was, at least in part, having to do with keeping investment and savings banks from merging.  i believe it was repealed in the late 90's to allow the merger of two such banks, and at the epicenter of the 2008 crisis stood those two same banks and the crisis was much worse because of their codependance/intermingling.

public sector unions are unions made up of government employees while private sector unions are made up of workers employed by private industry.

budgets are passed when both the house and senate come to an agreement and have the necessary votes.

now, if you feel that i am mistaken about something, please do let me know.

otherwise, how about you address the last points i made?  :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

hank = typical craxk head