Author Topic: How the pension system (401k) works in the USA???  (Read 456 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
How the pension system (401k) works in the USA???
« on: November 19, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
I didt searched a lot but from what i read trough the years you save in that 401k fond (lets say you saved 200k in 10 years) then when you go in pension you can get all of that 200k and if you blow it you have no pension am i correct???

for me that USA system is stupid,then you can work without papers,you only pay a medical insurance and the money instead in 401k you put in a bank and collect interest year by year...

in europe where i live basicly if for example you work in a company you get a net salary,but this company pays you a medical insurance and a pension,the bigger salary you got the more money you pay for the medical insurance and vice versa...so you can blow all your savings you still recieve a monthly pension!ok this is not some jetset pension but this is better than collecting all your money from the 401k and having no pension

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: How the pension system (401k) works in the USA???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
You put money in your entire working career and when you retire they claim the pension fund is empty from bad accounting and you end up with nothing.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: How the pension system (401k) works in the USA???
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Here we have a prime example of the excellence of European education.

Bask in its glory gentlemen, bask.