Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 8389 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Prometheus
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
Remember the alpha zombie in I am Legend?  More of the same I guess. :(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
I think the Alpha Zombie could have had a physique model for an actor. The engineer, not so much.
The zombie was a human, and is normal height.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
are you married? i blow a lot of money partying (won't say how much as i don't want to agitate any getbiggers)... think it's because i have no wife/kids.  also, not 75%... i'd guess 10% pre-tax a year.  Oh well, I have some good memories.

pretty much single most of my life.  never hooked deep enough for someone to bitch about how i act (they try and i return single,lol)

trouble is i was so drunk most of the last few years i don't even have the memories, lmao

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »
I think the Alpha Zombie could have had a physique model for an actor. The engineer, not so much.
The zombie was a human, and is normal height.

It's funny they go to so much trouble with make up, and cgi rather than just find someone with a decent physique.  :-\

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
It's funny they go to so much trouble with make up, and cgi rather than just find someone with a decent physique.  :-\

That zombie was CGI though.  Often there's a very specific look they are going for and it's way easier to dress them as needed instead of going through the trouble of finding someone perfect, which isn't as easy as you think.  Just because they have the body they are looking for doesn't mean they can also pull of the performance they need.  Thus they will find someone who can do the performance and dress them as needed, much easier that way.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
why the hell would they use that guy? He looks like a vegan with pec implants.

Because he is the best person the casting directors could find that was 7'1" and had acting and stunt experience. You may not have recognized him as one of the predators in AVP or the only one in AVP: Requiem. He played "The Mountain" in season 2 of Game of Thrones with speaking lines. The guy in season 1 never spoke.

You can read about his basketball career on his bio.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1613839/bio

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Because he is the best person the casting directors could find that was 7'1" and had acting and stunt experience. You may not have recognized him as one of the predators in AVP or the only one in AVP: Requiem. He played "The Mountain" in season 2 of Game of Thrones with speaking lines. The guy in season 1 never spoke.

I figured it was mostly about height.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »

The guy is tall, symmetrical attractive features, and yes he has a great body.
Too many dumbasses on getbig that don't understand
T

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 09:22:06 PM »
The guy is tall, symmetrical attractive features, and yes he has a great body.
Too many dumbasses on getbig that don't understand

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
Aside from the height and the fact that you needed a guy that had no problem staying in costume for hours on end, they wanted to put prostetic on him.

Some of you just don't get it, his build needed to have a quasi synthetic look in order to be part of Alien lore.

Anyhow, I can't bitch on the movie it's one of the very very few actual science fiction films that have been released in the last 20 years. You get one descent sci fi ever 5 years are so and a good one every 15.

Anyhows y'all need to know what real sci fi is

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2012, 09:41:18 PM »

Jesus. No idea he was that tall. Understandable choice now.
It's Hip to be Square!

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

Wow. Didnt know he was that tall in real life. Figured some cgi stuff was in play.