Author Topic: supplements worth taking  (Read 3954 times)

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
supplements worth taking
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:04:39 PM »
i have taken the real stuff before and now i have been taking cell tech for about2 months. is there any product that is actually worth paying for?

is tribulus worth taking at all?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: supplements worth taking
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »
Cell tech is good but too expensive
Anything from universal or optiumn nutirtion is good

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 02:56:11 PM »
Cell tech is good but too expensive
Anything from universal or optiumn nutirtion is good

why do you bother to speak?
D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 07:24:18 PM »
I think you have to have a good protien that you can digest ok that doesnt give you problems I use Optimum never prolab again and the same goes for creatine. Glutamine I have never had a digestive problem with but i find using these 3 always has helped achieve good gains.
bodybuildersreality.com

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:52:20 PM »

why do you bother to speak?

lol!!
why do you bother to listen ;D

next time i'll ask for your permission ::)

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 01:20:40 PM »
It's just that you lost all credability with that "celltech is pretty good" quote
D

OTC_bodybuilder

• Getbig III
  • Train, eat, sleep...repeat!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:30:46 PM »
Definitely worth taking...

-creatine...particularly CEE
-glutamine peptides
-BCAAs
-a good EFA product
-a good multivitamin
-extra vitamin C
-micellar casein protein
-whey protein/dextrose mix PW
Natural Freak

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 08:48:30 AM »
It's just that you lost all credability with that "celltech is pretty good" quote

lol!!
 different products work for different people.
I had good success with the container i got for my birthday.
by the way i buy creapure at about $15.00 for 1.32 lbs
would i buy cell-tech  :D
yes if it would be cheaper ;D
I rather spend my  money on a bag of un-cooked chicken

Happy thanks giving!!
Their goes the diet on Thursday!! ;D

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 09:15:07 AM »
Definitely worth taking...

-creatine...particularly CEE
-glutamine peptides
-BCAAs
-a good EFA product
-a good multivitamin
-extra vitamin C
-micellar casein protein
-whey protein/dextrose mix PW

exactly.  i also add arginine and carnitine when i'm feeling financially bold.   ;D
:-)

AndyT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 07:36:04 PM »
exactly.  i also add arginine and carnitine when i'm feeling financially bold.   ;D

i love L-carnitine!!! :)

OTC_bodybuilder

• Getbig III
  • Train, eat, sleep...repeat!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 08:16:28 PM »
i love L-carnitine!!! :)

If you like L-carnitine watch out for propionyl-l-carnitine. This is like L-carnitine on steroids!
Natural Freak

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 12:33:56 PM »
I think you have to have a good protien that you can digest ok that doesnt give you problems I use Optimum never prolab again and the same goes for creatine. Glutamine I have never had a digestive problem with but i find using these 3 always has helped achieve good gains.
I just heard this over on Mayhem: "Be ware if you are using optimums 100% whey. I recently read a certifed test of thier product stating that out of the 23 or so grams of protien they claim per serv. they tested out at less than 10g. I have always been a fan of their pro complex pro. So i hope the poor quality/labeling stops at 100% whey."

I was just about to buy a 5lbs tub too. I previously had some worries, as Biotest's Cy Wilson made some comments about how companies are making shittier proteins so they can sell it for less, that we shouldn't expect anything good for that cheap. I'm sure he wasn't entirely saying it just to plug his stuff.

So now I don't know what protein to buy.
T

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 11:35:48 PM »
I just heard this over on Mayhem: "Be ware if you are using optimums 100% whey. I recently read a certifed test of thier product stating that out of the 23 or so grams of protien they claim per serv. they tested out at less than 10g. I have always been a fan of their pro complex pro. So i hope the poor quality/labeling stops at 100% whey."

I was just about to buy a 5lbs tub too. I previously had some worries, as Biotest's Cy Wilson made some comments about how companies are making shittier proteins so they can sell it for less, that we shouldn't expect anything good for that cheap. I'm sure he wasn't entirely saying it just to plug his stuff.

So now I don't know what protein to buy.

This is a frequent issue in the supplement industry. The supplement industry truly is a wild west frontier.
Even most of the most sincere, well intentioned companies have no control over the purity, potency and consistency of their products. They can order raw goods to the highest standards, however most don't have the means to ensure that what they've ordered, is what they've actually received. They also lack the ability to test raw goods for impurities. They're basically forced to go on trust, and hope their consumers don't suffer as a result.

That's one of the reasons why I am so enamoured with Synergy[/b][/color] and the products we produce and offer to the public. Our parent company Nature's Sunshine (stock symbol NATR) has invested the millions of dollars necessary to equip our laboratories with the ability to do our own testing of raw goods. We test for potency, purity and consistency at every step of the manufacturing process. First our raw goods are ordered to the highest standards, ...but when they arrive, we don't trust that it is what we've ordered. We test for contaminants, molds, yeasts, bacteria, metals and other forms of impurities etc., In addition, we test for potency, purity, and consistency, so that we are assured, that what is printed on the label, is actually what is contained in the bottle. There is a large percentage of raw goods that we simply reject outright. And you know what happens when we reject a shipment? The supplier will say "Hang onto it for awhile. We're gonna send you a shipping label" And then they'll have us send it to one of our competitors who has no problems accepting substandard materials that we have rejected. In all fairness to our competition, I don't think it is so much a case of them not caring what they ship out to their customers, so much as it is their inability to do their own testing on the raw goods. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, ...even though in many cases i know they don't deserve it. The inability to test materials puts both a company and the public at risk. Many manufacturers and resellers who simply slap a new label on and resell it to the public, assume statistically, going on faith is no big deal, ..but it only takes one bad batch of product to ruin lives, and livelihoods. I won't play Russian-roulette with my health, and I wouldn't suggest anyone else do that either. When someone orders a product directly from my Synergy retail website[/b][/color], I know they are getting the very best that science and nature can provide.
w