Author Topic: GOP Strategist: Time to Talk Back to Rush  (Read 3532 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: GOP Strategist: Time to Talk Back to Rush
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »

Mmm, liberals do run the schools. From elementary through high school and most colleges. The PS systems laws and rules are written by the ACLU. They have attempted to re-write history as they see it, not how it is and was.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
i dont understand how the majority of americans (self described conservatives) manage to let a SMALLER number of liberals run the schools, media, and white house.

they need to start showing up to vote - had the far-right base showed up on election day, president-elect mitt could be preparing to start changing things.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »
If it were true that Romney almost won this election, and without so called "fraud" he supposedly would have won it, then why are the Republicans casting him aside like he's yesterday's news?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
If it were true that Romney almost won this election, and without so called "fraud" he supposedly would have won it, then why the the Republicans casting him aside like he's yesterday's news?

agreed.   if it was fraud, it's all we would be hearing about from FOX and the repubs, and trump too. 

They screamed about his birth certificate for years - and they're mute on a stolen election?  WTF

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »

Since I'm watching the Cowboys-Redskins game, I'll make this brief.

Adult stem cells are pluripotent. But, don't take my word for it:

Whoever Would Cure, Must Use Adult Stem Cells

It has been known for about 30 years that stem cells are present in the tissue of the adult, but it was assumed that they could only form cells of a particular tissue. That is, reprogramming them was considered impossible. In recent years, however, pluripotent stem cells were discovered in various human tissues–in the spinal cord, in the brain, in the mesenchyme (connective tissue) of various organs, and in the blood of the umbilical cord. These pluripotent stem cells are capable of forming several cell types–principally blood, muscle, and nerve cells. It has been possible to recognize, select, and develop them to the point that they form mature cell types with the help of growth factors and regulating proteins.

This shows that in tissues of the body, adult stem cells possess a much greater potential for differentiation than previously assumed. This knowledge must be brought into the public consciousness with all possible emphasis. If stem cell research were really only meant for therapeutic uses, which it most obviously should be, adult stem cells would promise a very productive research field–and beyond that, a possibility, without moral objection, to discover fundamentals of the dynamics of tissue differentiation.

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/winter01/stem_cell.html

And,

http://www.stemcellresearch.org/facts/ASCRPlasticity.pdf

So, there goes that inaccurate quip of yours. Name one disease cured or treated by ESCs again.

Potential, as the saying goes, doesn't pay the rent or buy the groceries. Adult stem cells are curing and treating diseases NOW and will do so in the future. And since they're pluripotent, they can ACTUALLY do what ESCs are claimed to be able to do, minus any ethical issues.[/i]

And lest you forget, it was Bush who authorized federal funding for ASCs.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:14 AM »

It has been known for about 30 years that stem cells are present in the tissue of the adult, but it was assumed that they could only form cells of a particular tissue. That is, reprogramming them was considered impossible. In recent years, however, pluripotent stem cells were discovered in various human tissues–in the spinal cord, in the brain, in the mesenchyme (connective tissue) of various organs, and in the blood of the umbilical cord. These pluripotent stem cells are capable of forming several cell types–principally blood, muscle, and nerve cells. It has been possible to recognize, select, and develop them to the point that they form mature cell types with the help of growth factors and regulating proteins.

This shows that in tissues of the body, adult stem cells possess a much greater potential for differentiation than previously assumed. This knowledge must be brought into the public consciousness with all possible emphasis. If stem cell research were really only meant for therapeutic uses, which it most obviously should be, adult stem cells would promise a very productive research field–and beyond that, a possibility, without moral objection, to discover fundamentals of the dynamics of tissue differentiation.

And,

So, there goes that inaccurate quip of yours. Name one disease cured or treated by ESCs again.

Potential, as the saying goes, doesn't pay the rent or buy the groceries. Adult stem cells are curing and treating diseases NOW and will do so in the future. And since they're pluripotent, they can ACTUALLY do what ESCs are claimed to be able to do, minus any ethical issues.[/i]

Adult stem cell pluripotency is not a fact, it relates to plasticity of stem cells, and is derived from particular tissues as you elucidated. However, they are genetically modified and the research is all in vitro it appears.

name the fact that culturing adult stem cells is difficult, then you have to genetically induce embryonic like pluripotency when ESC have all these properties and more makes little sense, save for using embryo's.

I am not against either, there are some unique advantages to each that have yet to play out. Immune rejection is a key for me, adult stem cells if used from the host have low rates of rejection, however, it is time consuming and very costly, while ESC may or may not have this issue, a study is underway.

I see no reason to stop either, ESC are clearly more versatile, that's clear. You post some non-sense without understanding the issue, that's clear, you have to genetically induce pluripotency in adult stem cells, they are difficult to culture and ESC's offer solutions to this, plus if they can avoid rejection it is a clear choice. Plus pluripotency for ASC's has only been shown in an assortment of tissues, it is not 100% clear what the limit of this is.

My quip is not incorrect, science as always keeps learning and improving, adult stem cells are not pluripotent unless intervention is initiated, even then it's not a slam dunk like you make it sound.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »

And,

also MCWAY, are their any issues with IPSC's? is so what are they?