Author Topic: Still Want to Risk Soy Protein? Read On.  (Read 12851 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Still Want to Risk Soy Protein? Read On.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »

fresh grown and gathered fruit and vegetables have way more vitamins and minerals and 3-4 week old shit that was picked green, sprayed and shipped... that's why frozen or canned is a good idea

Of course.  We all know fresh picked is best and the longer somethings been out of the field the more nutrients are lost.  That is why it's often better (more nutritious) to use frozen (canned notsomuch).  BUT, that's not what we're talking about here. *(morphed topic)  You said : "i've never understood people who buy expiring food... kinda gross" "vitamin and mineral content will be reduced, risks of food poisoning increase" which really isn't the case with regards to foods that have exp. dates such as cereals, crackers, jarred things like pickles, mustard, noodles, sugar, spices, frozen "dinners"...

I bake a lot around the holidays and I always get "fresh" dated flour, baking soda, baking powder, butter, spices, eggs, etc., but not for "safety" reasons.  It's because the end result might not turn out as expected and that's strictly from a "scientific" standpoint - ie: Cake might not rise if baking soda is expired...

:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
listen i'm glad there are people out there who will buy the old expiring food that i won't buy... it's comforting knowing that it won't go to waste while i am buying premium fresh food

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »

i've never understood people who buy expiring food... kinda gross

Not really!

The "best buy" date is a safety factor. Paying $12.50 for something that normally costs $45-$50 and works and tastes just as well is just good business, in my view.