Author Topic: Would you go GAY4PAY in this situation?  (Read 12909 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Would you go GAY4PAY in this situation?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
That they are like 1% of the population and garner so much public attention speaks a lot about the power these groups have. Not that im against gay rights, but the amount of air their issues get you would think they make up 25% of the population.
Of course. They got the assertivity/drive of the male plus the creativity/artisticy of the female.... ;)   A golden combination to get into the spotlights.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2012, 02:26:47 PM »
David Geffen is part of a very elite group in the realm of both film and music.  The man founded Asylum records, Geffen records and was then part of (actually the driving force) the trifecta behind DreamWorks.

Aside from his film and movie work, he is also a huge supporter of the battle against HIV/AIDS.  He has donated well over $225 million dollars to both research & development in the field of HIV.

He also has a strong hand by way of American politics.  Not only was he a huge supporter of the Clinton's (donating many millions to their campaigns), but he also was and still is a huge supporter of Obama (donated many millions to his campaign).  Safe to say, he has the president's attention if ever needed.

Yes, he is gay.  Not only is he gay, he was ranked #1 in a list Out magazine put out a few years back detailing the most powerful gay men and women in America.

Accolades aside, the man seems to have a great eye for talent and is responsible for some of biggest names in both music and film.

Would I swallow my pride (among other things) in order to be this man's bitch for a few years? No.  

Does this mean that being with him for 4-5 years and walking away with $30+ million dollars would be terrible? Depends on the individual..

The comparison here should be whether taking it up the ass for 4-5 years and then walking away with 30+ million (never having to work another day of your life), be worse than, living 40-50 years as a perpetual slave to a meager salary with a very basic lifestyle, followed shortly thereafter by death?

You'd be surprised at how many "straight" guys would bend the rules (and their backs), take it up the ass and take that money once the time is right.

People sell themselves short for WAY less every single day of their lives.  A demeaning job leading to nowhere, with a boss who treats you like trash and living conditions that only make you depressed is no picnic to endure for 50+ years.

Food for thought..
"1"

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Now a hypothetical question.. would you be his bitch for 6 years, only to know he was going to die and leave ALL of his fortune to you?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
Now a hypothetical question.. would you be his bitch for 6 years, only to know he was going to die and leave ALL of his fortune to you?

Ah, the temptation plot thickens!   :-\

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
David Geffen is part of a very elite group in the realm of both film and music.  The man founded Asylum records, Geffen records and was then part of (actually the driving force) the trifecta behind DreamWorks.

Aside from his film and movie work, he is also a huge supporter of the battle against HIV/AIDS.  He has donated well over $225 million dollars to both research & development in the field of HIV.

He also has a strong hand by way of American politics.  Not only was he a huge supporter of the Clinton's (donating many millions to their campaigns), but he also was and still is a huge supporter of Obama (donated many millions to his campaign).  Safe to say, he has the president's attention if ever needed.

Yes, he is gay.  Not only is he gay, he was ranked #1 in a list Out magazine put out a few years back detailing the most powerful gay men and women in America.

Accolades aside, the man seems to have a great eye for talent and is responsible for some of biggest names in both music and film.

Would I swallow my pride (among other things) in order to be this man's bitch for a few years? No. 

Does this mean that being with him for 4-5 years and walking away with $30+ million dollars would be terrible? Depends on the individual..

The comparison here should be whether taking it up the ass for 4-5 years and then walking away with 30+ million (never having to work another day of your life), be worse than, living 40-50 years as a perpetual slave to a meager salary with a very basic lifestyle, followed shortly thereafter by death?

You'd be surprised at how many "straight" guys would bend the rules (and their backs), take it up the ass and take that money once the time is right.

People sell themselves short for WAY less every single day of their lives.  A demeaning job leading to nowhere, with a boss who treats you like trash and living conditions that only make you depressed is no picnic to endure for 50+ years.

Food for thought..
"1"

Well said.  If I may?

To sell your soul is maybe the easiest thing to do. Buying it back however, is a great deal more difficult. 
Thirty pieces of silver or thirty million dollars, the end result is the same in the public eye.  Even if
you choose not to believe in the immortality of the human soul you can bet on the memory of the press
and the public to keep alive forever the price you paid for fame and fortune.

I am not for sale.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

Well said.  If I may?

To sell your soul is maybe the easiest thing to do. Buying it back however, is a great deal more difficult. 
Forty pieces of silver or forty million dollars, the end result is the same in the public eye.  Even if
you choose not to believe in the immortality of the human soul you can bet on the memory of the press
and the public to keep alive forever the price you paid for fame and fortune.

I am not for sale.

It is easy for me (and others) take the high road now, but being honest with myself, I wonder if I could have said "no" to a billionaire who thought I was the cat's meow at 22 or 23 years old.  How many of us could really say no to that--particularly if you are from a modest background?  I suspect very few.  Not many people at that age could resist that kind of temptation.  Even if you're not thinking about yourself, you may be thinking about your family and what you could do for them if you agreed to be the billionaire's consort.  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
what is interesting is that woman make these kind of decisions every day and always opt for the money. But they all call it all kinds of socially and historically accepted euphemisms.

This is my thinking exactly. Good grief, how small minded some folks are!

Personally, I wouldn't whore myself for any amount of money....I do just fine taking care of my own, thanks. But I will say this is my preference and a choice I can make easily, fortunately. Such is not the case for everyone. Money is very important to some people, particularly those who don't have it.

Some people are actually attracted to those who are much older then themselves, but I suspect the real motive is money or security and not love, in most cases like this. Who knows though, I could be just as judgmental as others when it comes to May - December romances.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
It is easy for me (and others) take the high road now, but being honest with myself, I wonder if I could have said "no" to a billionaire who thought I was the cat's meow at 22 or 23 years old.  How many of us could really say no to that--particularly if you are from a modest background?  I suspect very few.  Not many people at that age could resist that kind of temptation.  Even if you're not thinking about yourself, you may be thinking about your family and what you could do for them if you agreed to be the billionaire's consort.  :-\

No one is holding the not so proverbial gun to anyone's head.  I have known more than a few men that professed to not be homosexual but sold themselves to homosexuals. They were lazy.  Call them poor male versions of Anna Nicole Smith, if you will.

How does history view that tart?  The memory of her will fade within a generation or two but as with such people more will spring up to take her place.

You could be offered a life on easy street by a woman.  Would you as a young man, take that road?  You would belong to her alone.  No one else.  As much as I may chide you for your trail of tears attitude, I seriously doubt you would, but I could be wrong.  I hope I am. 

I have had been hit on by more men than many women I know.  It is what it is, and I suppose one could consider it a compliment and that is what I try to do.  I have never considered going down that path.  Not even for money, trips to Europe, cars, what have you.

Who I am is worth more than who they would have me become.