Author Topic: why do subways not have steps below so some guy who falls in can step up and out  (Read 2786 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
I dont get how there arent more dead people with the huge metal trains zipping by open space of stations.

would get in the way of the train

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Subways were not made w the idea that ghetto monsters would be shoving people in front of a train. 
This is not the first nor will it be the last time someone falls or is pushed in front of a train whither above or below ground level.  Subway trains have been around almost as long as trains so there is a great deal of experience in dealing with people falling from platforms.
Most subway systems do not have trains hurtling in to or through stations where there are people waiting,i .e.  the train slows down even before it enters the station.
I dont know this particular station but from the photo it is difficult to figure out why the train was going so fast that it could not break in time.
Again from the photo, station platform seem oddly empty apart from the man attempting to climb out and the photographer (whom of course we dont see in this picture)

Regardless of how the man fell in to the track well it appears this particular  subway system has inadequate safety proseedures.
That is more frightening than the random act of one crazy person
c

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
This is not the first nor will it be the last time someone falls or is pushed in front of a train whither above or below ground level.  Subway trains have been around almost as long as trains so there is a great deal of experience in dealing with people falling from platforms.
Most subway systems do not have trains hurtling in to or through stations where there are people waiting,i .e.  the train slows down even before it enters the station.
I dont know this particular station but from the photo it is difficult to figure out why the train was going so fast that it could not break in time.
Again from the photo, station platform seem oddly empty apart from the man attempting to climb out and the photographer (whom of course we dont see in this picture)

Regardless of how the man fell in to the track well it appears this particular  subway system has inadequate safety proseedures.
That is more frightening than the random act of one crazy person

There is a space usually undeneath the platform to burrow one self into or a a space below the traxcks, small but doable. 

I was there yesterday and this guy probably paniced and did not realize his options. 

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
There is a space usually undeneath the platform to burrow one self into or a a space below the traxcks, small but doable. 

I was there yesterday and this guy probably paniced and did not realize his options. 

not everybody reacts with a foetal curl up
c

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

He may also have had the wind knocked out of him and broke something.   Its a pretty big fall. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
just slow down the train a few seconds earlier, and crawl in, like someone said.   makes sense

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
some do.  The BART in San Fran almost comes to a complete stop about 100 yards out and crawls to the station.  NY subs fly in like a bat out of hell

They come in pretty slow to some of the NYC stations. But they do fly into others.

just slow down the train a few seconds earlier, and crawl in, like someone said.   makes sense

Subway deaths like this are pretty rare in NYC.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Its a pretty far fall and I often imagined if I fell what I would do - there are four options assuming you are mobile and did not break your leg. 

1.  Burrow into the space under the platform.  There is like a foot lip under there.

2.  Jump into the middle where the so called "Third Rail" is and pray you dont touch it for either side of the tracks since the train is on both sides.  2 sets of tracks.  Definately an option. 

3.  there is a small space on the floor between each train tie that looks like it could work to where if you lie flat flat flat as possible the train would go over you and not touch you.   Not sure of the dimensions. 

4.  Pull your ass up and toss your leg over the platform and roll over. 

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Trying to help someone that panicked, without any leverage, he pulls you in too.  If he braces his feet against the sides, you're going in too.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
I bet his dying thought was "Maybe crossfit wasn't such a bad idea"

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

NYC needs more Bernhard Goetz's riding the subway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
NYC needs more Bernhard Goetz's riding the subway.

Damn right. 

The subways is flooded with animals and worthless layabouts and thugs lately. 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
they should provide a ditch or a trench on both sides of the concrete barrier to roll under incase of an emergency, but in these situations 99% of the times people are to scared to roll under it and would rather try to climb out , and then some people would be to dumb to even know they are there , case in point getting on an airplane and the flight attendant always always always tells at the very least 3 morons on the plane to buckle their safety belts

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
they should provide a ditch or a trench on both sides of the concrete barrier to roll under incase of an emergency, but in these situations 99% of the times people are to scared to roll under it and would rather try to climb out , and then some people would be to dumb to even know they are there , case in point getting on an airplane and the flight attendant always always always tells at the very least 3 morons on the plane to buckle their safety belts

remember that guy who saved a guy who fell a few years ago?   There is a little lip to crowl under.  This guy probably paniced

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Subway trains have been around almost as long as trains