Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 21, 2014, 05:37:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Cathedral: sign a statement God intends sex only 4 married heterosexuals  (Read 3335 times)
Butterbean
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »

avxo, Reeves died earlier this year.

Report to moderator   Logged

R
Butterbean
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »

actually what I am asking is how if Adam & Eve were the first humans and they that two/ three sons who did those two sons have sex with to continue the human race

Some people believe that there were other people on earth in those days and that they propagated w/them.

But I think they did have sex w/their sisters, nieces, cousins, etc. 

In fact I think Sarah was Abraham's half sister.

Apparently, blood lines were more pure back before sin infiltrated the earth more and more so there was less of an issue of physical problems resulting from "inbreeding."

And as you saw, Adam lived over 900 years and had many sons and daughters...and those sons and daughters had many sons and daughters etc, etc.

R
Butterbean
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »

From the bold text are you admitting a contradiction in the bible based on different personal motivations among its writers? (in the case of Matthew trying to please Jews)? 

Also, while your explanation can make sense as to why Matthew would try to teach that the Messiah came from Abraham, why is it that Abraham aside hardly any of the names in the two lineages agree (in Matthew vs. Luke)?

I don't see a contradiction?  Matthew shows the lineages of Jesus' earthly "father (Joseph)," and Luke shows His lineage through to Mary.

R
bigbobs
Getbig V

Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »

I don't see a contradiction?  Matthew shows the lineages of Jesus' earthly "father (Joseph)," and Luke shows His lineage through to Mary.

They both contain Jesus' "earthly father" Joseph, but in Matthew Joseph's father is Jacob, while in Luke Joseph's father is Heli.  Still don't see a contradiction?  Was Joseph's father Jacob or Heli?
Man of Steel
Getbig V

Isaiah 40:28-31 ✝

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

They both contain Jesus' "earthly father" Joseph, but in Matthew Joseph's father is Jacob, while in Luke Joseph's father is Heli.  Still don't see a contradiction?  Was Joseph's father Jacob or Heli?

I just finished a book that addresses everything you note here.  It was midway through the book so I'll locate the passage and post it here....thx!!

Forgot to find this last night....I'll try again tonight.

bigbobs
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

Forgot to find this last night....I'll try again tonight.

Cool, thanks.

I imagine if the contradiction were a simple oversight on my part it would be a quick reply/rebuttal from you or Butterbean explaining so.  From experience I find when the explanation for a contradiction takes research and time to come up with, it most often results in forcing an unlikely interpretation to fit with what one wants to believe, rather than what a rational likely interpretation may be.
avxo
Getbig IV

I'm about to froth at the mouth!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

avxo, Reeves died earlier this year.

This is getbig... You think we let something as trivial as death interfere?

But in all seriousness, I didn't know; frankly I didn't even realize how old the post I was quoting was.
Butterbean
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »

They both contain Jesus' "earthly father" Joseph, but in Matthew Joseph's father is Jacob, while in Luke Joseph's father is Heli.  Still don't see a contradiction?  Was Joseph's father Jacob or Heli?

Heli was Joseph's Father-in-Law.

More of an explanation from gotquestions.org:

Matthew is following the line of Joseph (Jesusí legal father), through Davidís son Solomon, while Luke is following the line of Mary (Jesusí blood relative), though Davidís son Nathan. There was no Greek word for ďson-in-law,Ē and Joseph would have been considered a son of Heli through marrying Heli's daughter Mary. Through either line, Jesus is a descendant of David and therefore eligible to be the Messiah.

R
Butterbean
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »

This is getbig... You think we let something as trivial as death interfere?

I think Reeves would probably have liked this post Grin

R
bigbobs
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

Heli was Joseph's Father-in-Law.

More of an explanation from gotquestions.org:

Matthew is following the line of Joseph (Jesusí legal father), through Davidís son Solomon, while Luke is following the line of Mary (Jesusí blood relative), though Davidís son Nathan. There was no Greek word for ďson-in-law,Ē and Joseph would have been considered a son of Heli through marrying Heli's daughter Mary. Through either line, Jesus is a descendant of David and therefore eligible to be the Messiah.

I do appreciate the explanation, however even if there was no Greek word for son-in-law, Luke could have very easily communicated that Joseph is Heli's son through marriage to Mary, not simply call Joseph the son of Heli.  Just because there is no exact word does not mean there was no way to communicate it. 

Simply assuming that Heli must have been Mary's father without any other scriptural evidence is simply choosing an unlikely interpretation in an attempt to avoid admitting a contradiction. 

Besides, many Christians say Mary's father was Joachim.
B_B_C
Getbig IV

Navy Seal Crushers ate heavy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Were Adam and Eve married?

c
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!