Author Topic: Liberals race to politicize kindergarden shooting tragedy  (Read 2614 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Liberals race to politicize kindergarden shooting tragedy
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »
I know you've had some trouble with "negotiation", "renege" and "compromise, so I'm wondering if you don't know what "congrats" means either. This isn't really something for which you'd congratulate someone.
hahah for someone with the delusions of granduer that you have it certainly is my friend ;)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
He's not a president that wants to make gun control an issue. He wants to move onto the next news cycle as badly as the Repubs. He's probably complaining to Michelle about how much of a kyunt Diane Feinstein is.
Why would he care now? Not like he's running for office again. Other than that, there is probably some wisdom to what you said.
However, I believe he wants to do something, he just doesn't want to have to deal with the backlash.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
He's not a president that wants to make gun control an issue. He wants to move onto the next news cycle as badly as the Repubs. He's probably complaining to Michelle about how much of a kyunt Diane Feinstein is.
he is an idealogue and as such will take any opportunity to further his ideology.

I agree he is smart enough to know that this isnt a fight he wants or can win but that doesnt mean he doesnt want to reinstate former legislation or institute new legislation. He just knows it wouldnt pass and would likely cause big losses in the next mid terms again.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »
Why would he care now? Not like he's running for office again. Other than that, there is probably some wisdom to what you said.
However, I believe he wants to do something, he just doesn't want to have to deal with the backlash.

As I posted upthread, the gun legislation he has passed hasn't been anti-gun. He signed bills to allow people to carry on Amtrak and in national parks. When he was asked about AWB at the debates, he pretty much side stepped the question. I don't think he's hiding his desire to take. away your guns. I think he doesn't care and has been relieved that it hasnt been a real issue during his presidency up until now. Some see it as him pussy footing for the sake of deciphering the polls. His tune will be dictated by polls, but I think it really is a battle he has no interest in to begin with, and is even less inclined to want to be a part of because he knows how contentious it will be. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
I should have been a little clearer earlier in this thread in that what I meant was that I don't think OBAMA is going to play a big part in AWB legislation. At least, by choice. I really don't see him using executive privilege to reinstate it. I suspect he will only play ball with Dems in the most half-earted manner possible unless public opinion gets too hot. I think he will drag his feet and try to lay low on the issue until it's no longer at the forefront of everyone's minds. I don't know if that will work.

Either way, I'm not too arsed. I'd like some real moves on gun violence, but AWB is not it.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
hahah for someone with the delusions of granduer that you have it certainly is my friend ;)

Being able to read and comprehend a news article is not a "delusion of grandeur".

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
In virginia there have been 10 church shootings in the past 5 years... I guess God doesn't like churches either.

;)
bingo.
god must not like little kids in churches; look at the pedophiles still in charge.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
bingo.
god must not like little kids in churches; look at the pedophiles still in charge.

Maybe god is a pedo?