Author Topic: Rob Parker has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN over racist comments  (Read 8546 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Rob Parker has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN over racist comments
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »
It seemed to me that he got arrogant when he started going on radio and TV, and it affected his writing.  Now, he just seems to get by on as little research and as much bombast as possible.

I expect the talking heads to be wrong in their prognostications quite often.  I also don't expect everyone's recall to be 100% perfect every single time they're on air.

But this guy looks lost in the conversations far more often than most of the others, even when compared to clowns like Herbstreit.  He'll bloviate (lol) for 4-5 minutes about a point that started on a mistaken premise.  With all the tools that are right at their fingertips, there's no reason for him to be so unprepared when appearing on the set.  

And I don't care who you are or where you're from, a guy's family is off-limits.  Even in the IFBB, we don't go after guy's families. 

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:03 AM »
WTF is the matter with people?  Instead of pointing out how different we all are - oh look that guy has more pigment in his skin - he is so much different than me blah blah fuckn blah. Why don't we concern ourselves with how alike we all are.  Look, RG3, the guy is a fuckn great athlete, that's where the differences end.  The guy likes pussy, I like pussy.  The guy has 2 arms and 2 legs , hey same here, just like me.  We both have a seat to take a shit.

Fuckn people are such morons.  I guess if the media took my approach there would be a lot less to talk about because there would be a lot less friction. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
I expect the talking heads to be wrong in their prognostications quite often.  I also don't expect everyone's recall to be 100% perfect every single time they're on air.

But this guy looks lost in the conversations far more often than most of the others, even when compared to clowns like Herbstreit.  He'll bloviate (lol) for 4-5 minutes about a point that started on a mistaken premise.  With all the tools that are right at their fingertips, there's no reason for him to be so unprepared when appearing on the set.  

And I don't care who you are or where you're from, a guy's family is off-limits.  Even in the IFBB, we don't go after guy's families. 

This.

You watch him on air and you think "how can a supposedly respected journalist on a nationally televised show be so WRONG all the time ?"

And the other dudes give it to him pretty good, but hold back and let him off the hook before he embarrasses himself completely

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2013/01/espn_fires_detroits_rob_parker.html

ESPN's statement mentioned in Pro Football Talk:

"Rob Parker's contract expired at year end. Evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew to fire his cornball ass."